• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sided with David. I never saw him slap Chloe, and I didn't suspect him of a greater wrongdoing at that point in the game, based on what you learn about him. He seemed paranoid from war and, based on the second episode, aware that he should tone down his anger. From what I saw, Max going on the attack in episode 2 when he's trying to be reasonable seemed unfair, and continuing that in the breakfast scene didn't seem like it would help things... his schemes didn't seem like they were intending harm. Seeing the slap would have changed things, though. It would make that episode 2 scene seem like he was trying to weasel out of what he did.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Finished episode 5.

Really, throughout it all I feel like it's a game that trying to tie one element too many and in the end, but still managed to come out conveying exactly what it wanted despite it. Basically, if they eliminated the latter half of 4, the first half of 5 and the threads leading up to it, and created more scenes
that builds the relationship and story between Max and Chloe
, it would have worked better thematically and not create a distraction on what I feel is the greatest strength of the game and what I feel is the major theme in the first place.

Also
regarding your choices not really mattering in the end, I don't mind it as much as I do in TWD because that's the whole point. The game at least successfully builds on the theme that those were choices that you never should have the power to make,or if you do there will be great consequences. Whereas The Walking Dead gave you a random dude who you've never even seen or heard of or even hinted at before the ending.

So overall, still really enjoyed it. Could be better, hella yes. But I hella enjoyed it. For cereal.

Also fuck that whole sequence. People who played it know what I'm talking about.

There is going to be a big steam sale next week so I hope LIS pops up. Ill totally buy it then.

My prediction right now for Episode 4 and the finale though.

This alt timeline wont last very long. Episode 4 will be about "maybe sometimes bad stuff needs to happen" and you go back into that picture again and have to let the dad drive and die.

The final big twist will be you have to go back in time to the very start of the first episode and not get time travel powers to stop the world ending because it turns out all your time wanking is ripping the universe apart.

Actually... was it ever explained why you have time travel powers? I forget/

Anyway. Am I a bad person for decided I want to play Beyond Two Souls on PS4 instead of the Bloodborne expansion? After MGSV disappointed me with its lack of weirdness I want a weird game from a weird ass developer and David Cage never disappoints with his weirdness.

daydream

Banned
Watching the Life is Strange archive and maybe because it's because it's Friday but

nDvrW4m.jpg

i'll allow it

strafer

Oh man, I hope they wait until Alex is back for another LiS episode. I want him there for his reactions.

It must be those three guys.

LiS up to episode 3:
The source of her time travel power has not been explained (yet).

Oh. What if
you find out what gives you time powers and you have to travel back in time and give yourself time travel power in the first place.

God I love time travel.

demidar

Oh. What if
you find out what gives you time powers and you have to travel back in time and give yourself time travel power in the first place.

God I love time travel.

What if
you have to travel back in time to stop yourself from going back in time to give yourself time powers?

I'm really interested in what Episode 4 will bring.

popo

That new "Bloodborne easy mode" thread is both entirely predictable and also the epitome of a lot that is wrong with some souls fans (or soul holes as I like to call them)..

Saw some familiar faces essentially telling the OP to "git gud". Shame on you all.

So is Brad Extra Life's stream actually going to happen?

lol no.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My favorite lets play folks are slow on output lately, so I started Metal Gear Scanlon from the start last night. Hoo boy, this is going to take a while

daydream

Banned
My favorite lets play folks are slow on output lately, so I started Metal Gear Scanlon from the start last night. Hoo boy, this is going to take a while

My favorite lets play folks are slow on output lately, so I started Metal Gear Scanlon from the start last night.

so I started Metal Gear Scanlon from the start last night.

started Metal Gear Scanlon from the start

CleverGeneralBasenji.gif

Alucrid

Banned
That new "Bloodborne easy mode" thread is both entirely predictable and also the epitome of a lot that is wrong with some souls fans (or soul holes as I like to call them)..

Saw some familiar faces essentially telling the OP to "git gud". Shame on you all.

lol no.

the fact that you created your own pet nickname and then retreat to a community thread to complain about them tells me more about you than them

Curufinwe

No idea how you buy a game called Wolfenstein then come out thinking that was a disappointing game.

It was a lot more fiddly and annoying to play than I expected. Giving you giant laser cannons that last all of 10 shots before you need to find a wall battery and spend 5 seconds recharging them is not good game design.

The weapon wheel makes selecting a particular gun in the heat of the moment unreliable.

There was something wrong with the transitions between cut scenes and gameplay, like they were cutting out too quickly.

Too many scripted sequences that broke the rules of the game, like the robot dog who gets caught under rubble but when you stab his head nothing happens.

Too many boring fetch quests in the base area.

Weak gun sounds.

Way too much time spent cutting thru fences and thin metal walls.

Zaph

It was a lot more fiddly and annoying to play than I expected. Giving you giant laser cannons that last all of 10 shots before you need to find a wall battery and spend 5 seconds recharging them is not good game design.

Ammo pickup, and ammo in general, was a bit frustrating, yeah. No doubt that's a big part of a shooter, but it didn't bother me any where near enough to call the game disappointing.

2015's 2014's GOTY

This is the best decision Ive heard all this page. You are in for a fun and wild ride that only stops at MGSV. MGScanlon 1-4 are just a ton of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom