• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom Hearts, right?

That better happen.

You know it. The whole series is now on two convenient discs!

Since I have the PS3 out for Yakuza 5, which is clearly never coming out, I've been going through the HD versions. That first game is fucking rough now. Conversely, they've fixed the second game, which I thought was terrible when I played it, oh god, ten years ago. Birth By Sleep is still the best game, though.

Also, my dark secret: I understood the Kingdom Hearts lore until Dream Drop Distance, which added time travel.

Volotaire

This Pokemon talk reminds me of how utterly amazing the Pokemon Origins 4 episode miniseries is. What a shame that we cant get a full length series based on that universe.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Speaking of Endurance Runs...I feel like I need to confess that I haven't watched the Persona ER yet.

Go then, and don't dare to show up here again before you can answer at least 40 out of 50 trivia question that this community will present to you upon your return!

You should watch it, it's imho some of the best content of the site.

Bowlie

Banned
Also, my dark secret: I understood the Kingdom Hearts lore until Dream Drop Distance, which added time travel.

It's super easy! You see, Lil' Nort found some time-traveling mojo and thought of having a party with his future selves.
He managed to invite Old Nort, Heartless Nort and Nobody Nort (Terra Nort was busy that night). Nobody Nort, as a nice person that he is, rented the place, but it had room for 13 people so he invited his pals Xigbar and Saïx, and some randos.

Unfortunately, the party still had one spot remaining (they don't have a lot of friends; as I said above, Lil' Nort had to invite his selves to a party)!
And so they asked Sora boy to come over. It was getting late, and Sora was getting sleepy, so before it became awkward Lea and his friends came by and took him home.

Before he went away, All the Norts asked him to come to their next party in the future, and bring with him other six friends. That next party is KH3.

Oh, and there's some stuff about some keyblades and χ-blades, wars, people that are still stuck in other realms, a boy sleeping in a chair for almost fifteen years that suddenly had a funny dream and started smiling, a bunch of jumping, fluffy monsters, people coming back to life with different eye colors, clones, and a girl named Kairi that almost everyone forgot about. But you got that already, right?

justjim89

Vinny: You thought battling monsters was hard? You should try getting it on with high school girls!

Ryan from across the room: TELL ME ABOUT IT!

TraBuch

Banned
So I watched Aloha, that Emma Stone as a Hawaiian lady movie, earlier today and boy, that movie is bad. Like, not even considering the whole white lady as a Hawaiian lady thing, it's just bad. Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murray, Danny McBride and Alec Baldwin, and Cameron Crowe somehow makes a movie that's not even entertainingly bad.

Jabronium

Go then, and don't dare to show up here again before you can answer at least 40 out of 50 trivia question that this community will present to you upon your return!

You should watch it, it's imho some of the best content of the site.

After I finish catching up on the Extra Life streams, I'm planning on checking it out. Is it as suitable for background noise as some of the other stuff, or is it best actually given some attention?

Bacon

After I finish catching up on the Extra Life streams, I'm planning on checking it out. Is it as suitable for background noise as some of the other stuff, or is it best actually given some attention?

Any time when they are in the dungeons it's a good background noise thing. When they aren't in the dungeons you usually want to be paying attention.

Lelcar

I watched the entire run of the P4 Endurance Run twice, that's over 200 hours, and then specific favourite episodes numerous times. Yeah, the Persona 4 ER is dangerously good. I never played Golden because between playing Persona 4 myself and watching the Endurance Run, I was spent by the time Golden came out.

It's super easy! You see, Lil' Nort found some time-traveling mojo and thought of having a party with his future selves.
He managed to invite Old Nort, Heartless Nort and Nobody Nort (Terra Nort was busy that night). Nobody Nort, as a nice person that he is, rented the place, but it had room for 13 people so he invited his pals Xigbar and Saïx, and some randos.

Unfortunately, the party still had one spot remaining (they don't have a lot of friends; as I said above, Lil' Nort had to invite his selves to a party)!
And so they asked Sora boy to come over. It was getting late, and Sora was getting sleepy, so before it became awkward Lea and his friends came by and took him home.

Before he went away, All the Norts asked him to come to their next party in the future, and bring with him other six friends. That next party is KH3.

Oh, and there's some stuff about some keyblades and χ-blades, wars, people that are still stuck in other realms, a boy sleeping in a chair for almost fifteen years that suddenly had a funny dream and started smiling, a bunch of jumping, fluffy monsters, people coming back to life with different eye colors, clones, and a girl named Kairi that almost everyone forgot about. But you got that already, right?

Birth By Sleep implied that gnarled Leonard Nimoy-voiced Xehanort was not his original body because, yo, he can steal bodies, but, hey, here's his child form who can time travel along his timeline or something so I guess that's not true.

No one can understand what I just typed, so I considered not spoiler tagging it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Depends. The episodes where some story is happening are worth watching. Everytime they enter a dungeon you might wanna use it as background noise. Vinny and Jeff's banter is still entertaining but there are some epsiodes where really nothing happens.

yami4ct

You know it. The whole series is now on two convenient discs!

Since I have the PS3 out for Yakuza 5, which is clearly never coming out, I've been going through the HD versions. That first game is fucking rough now. Conversely, they've fixed the second game, which I thought was terrible when I played it, oh god, ten years ago. Birth By Sleep is still the best game, though.

The thing about KH is that the lore is stupidly complex, but very little of it adds to the overall story or really makes a difference in understanding the actual plot of the main characters. MGS has a little of that, but the lore is much more vital in that series and I think that makes it more interesting.

I still love KH's dumb lore.

Bowlie

Banned
Am I too late to say I'd love to see another Pokemon TCG game? Those two were great games.

I tried playing the one that's in the official website (or at least was), but it's no't the same thing. I'd love another too.

Birth By Sleep implied that gnarled Leonard Nimoy-voiced Xehanort was not his original body because, yo, he can steal bodies, but, hey, here's his child form who can time travel along his timeline or something so I guess that's not true.

I wonder why Ansem never used the time-traveling power before giving it to Young Xehanort, or why Young Xehanort didn't use it again as he got older. Also, wtf is Vanitas doing there with everyone. I gave up trying to understand this plot, just wanna see now what Aqua has been doing lately.

Lelcar

Thanks for the tips. I feel much more prepared to brave the ER now.

Just know going in that Jeff does eventually come around to the game in a big way and Vinny stops pressing through dialogue as often as he does at some point. The beginning can be a bit rough if you're expecting them to be fully into it right away, but it's a great payoff. With that said, they are still surprising positive pretty early.

hamchan

How does Sora fail the keyblade master test when he's already saved the Disney multiverse like twice over? Screw you Yen Sid.

I would love to just see drews reaction to the dynamic music with his headset on, because it really makes you feel good when the lyrics kick in. So badass.

yeah, I feel like not enough people bring that point up when talking about the soundtrack. the way the different sections seamlessly sync up with scene changes is so cool.

also I just now found out that one of the dudes from Machine Head had a big hand in the soundtrack, which makes so much sense

danm999

Just catching up with the bits of the SF Extra Life I missed.

The Blizzcon guy going we'd like to bring a very special individual up on stage and Jeff screaming "ARTHAS!" is a criminally underrated moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom