• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terribly executed? I'm curious why you think this. Like or dislike of the story aside, I thought the narrative was paced really well and the reveals, when they happened, were really well done. How the game sprinkles hints throughout that Booker isn't who he seems, all the foreshadowing, the entire last 2 hours of the game. All that stuff worked for me 100%. So many amazing moments towards the end: Comstock House, Liz and Songbird, old Liz, the Luteces, Rapture... man it was amazing! I don't get hung up on logistics because all time travel/parallel universe stories are nonsense, it never works. So Liz's explanation of the mechanics of it towards the end I just accepted.

Yup that was me as well. To think that after 2, close to 3 years that I remember many details about a story of a modern FPS game says alot about Bioshock Infinite and to an extent, Bioshock 1.

To be fair, including anything past "Big Boss dies" (which unless im wrong is the entirety of Rising) would kind of ruin the coda that timeline was ending on.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm a little late, but Werewolf is the best MST3K episode and
their skits in-between parts of the movies are almost never funny

Werewolf is totally top 5 material, I'm glad someone else agrees

personal list is probably

Pod People
Werewolf
Space Mutiny
Cave Dwellers (first one I saw, fell in love immediately)
The Movie (This Island Earth)

(Final Sacrifice probably deserves to be on this list but my soft spot for Cave Dwellers won't allow it)

dark horse classic is Laserblast. last episode of the CC era, the comedy is unusually mean-spirited and it seems like they were legit letting off steam at the end. Actually has sketches worth watching (movies Leonard Maltin rated lower than/same as Laserblast) and a bittersweet ending. I remember watching it when it was new, thinking it was the end. :(

TraBuch

Banned
Hobgoblins and the other Joe Estevez movie where he's a grim reaper or whatever were also great. Soulreaper? Soultaker? Something like that.

Soultaker, and yeah that one's great. another underrated classic imo is Time Chasers

by the way, some of the best episodes ever are available legitimately on the MST3K official youtube page

(other ones that Shout Factory doesn't have the rights to are pretty easy to find too)

justjim89

Not gonna lie, the more I play Fallout the more I look forward to TES6. I've always like TES more than Fallout, and I'm really curious for where the next game takes place. The layered armoring system of FO4 definitely feels like it would work well to return to the Morrowind armor system or at least closer to it.

Come on Valenwood.

popo

Anyone know the status of Drew and Alexis Extra Life Part 04? I think it is the one with "keep talking" in it. Not on the site or youtube as far as I can see.

thx

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haven't finished it yet.

But undertale is p. good.

Also pacifist is the best/funniest route to go down, though I haven't tried any other style.

daydream

Banned
feels like forever ago that the sf office put out premium content not involving mgs v. only one that comes to mind was that one jar time but other than that, it's been disappointing

TraBuch

Banned
I'd play Undertale if it was on a console. I don't believe in using a computer for games, it's for browsing the internet, people. The hell is wrong with you?

Vita TV is a console for people that don't like consoles and a portable system for people that don't like portable systems. It's a waste of plastic and shelf space, Sony has made a mistake.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'd play Undertale if it was on a console. I don't believe in using a computer for games, it's for browsing the internet, people. The hell is wrong with you?
billgates.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay so I always lose track of who's where. SF office is Jeff, Dan, Brad, Drew and Jason right? And GBeast is Vinny, Alex, Austin...who am I forgetting?

CaLe

So I just subscribed to premium for a month to support them.

Any exclusives I shouldn't miss out on and that would be good to watch in the bus / metro ?

Also, is there an Android app that could help me download those videos ? Otherwise I'll just transfer them from my PC.

Thanks !

I like how since Dan got a gaming PC he has become that asshole who cant shit up about how he wants to play everything on PC in every bombcast.

I remember when I got my first decent PC. It was a fun time.

I should really build a new PC some time soon....

Megasoum

Banned
Wtf lmao...

My brother-in-law who's not really a gamer just changed his profile picture on PSN (on his PS4) to the Haze dude (the logo with the yellow broken facemask and the gun).

I'm 99.9% sure that he has no idea what Haze is hahahahaha.

quiet, you.

Zero, you bought the most affordable way to play the best version of my favorite game of all time, I don't see the downside.
I've already got a Vita, so the delta on that front is pretty small. The only reason the $20 deal still works out for me is because I still have a 4gb card lying around(along with a Dualshock 3, though it's paired with my PS3). I guess I could use it as a hack sandbox.

Wtf lmao...

My brother-in-law who's not really a gamer just changed his profile picture on PSN (on his PS4) to the Haze dude (the logo with the yellow broken facemask and the gun).

maybe he's just a true believer in the only sect that matters in the religion that is video games

I've already got a Vita, so the delta on that front is pretty small. The only reason the $20 deal still works out for me is because I still have a 4gb card lying around(along with a Dualshock 3, though it's paired with my PS3.

you only spent $20? this is the lamest case of morning-after regret I've ever heard

hell, that's way cheaper than the morning after pill

Joeku

Wtf lmao...

I did the same thing because there is a dearth of profile pictures without buying any on PSN. I did it because I thought it would be funny, but I think it may also be the only "dude with a gun" option.

If you like the story of Infinite at all don't play Burial at Sea, especially episode 2. It shits all over it and is just some fanfic-level canon wankery that serves no purpose at all.

Conversely, if you mostly dislike Infinite but enjoy the franchise Burial at Sea is both a neat little coda and an interactive apology for the specific mistakes Infinite got (rightly or not depending on your stance) called out on.

and then also just put the Konami logo over Homer's face

281.gif

Perfect.

So I just subscribed to premium for a month to support them.

Any exclusives I shouldn't miss out on and that would be good to watch in the bus / metro ?

Also, is there an Android app that could help me download those videos ? Otherwise I'll just transfer them from my PC.

Thanks !

For your first question here you go

FTXgxBM.png

Also, check this out.

For your second question just download GB's VIDEO BUDDY app. Also, available on Android.

Your welcome.

chrixter

@justjim89
That's shitty about the spoiler, but talking around a spoiler while still kinda talking about the spoiler by mentioning a detail like that (
that it involves a favorite companion
) is still a little spoilery. To me anyway, because now I'll be wondering about it as I play through Fallout even though you didn't give exact specifics. Would've preferred: "Fucking shit, just a read a random spoiler on Twitter about (Fallout 4 spoilers)
my favorite FO4 companion.
"

But it's not a huge deal.

Related note: Was listening to an old Bombcast in which Vinny said he played FFVII for the first time in 2006/2007 and was completely unspoiled on the plot, even including THAT spoiler. How the hell!?

@justjim89

Related note: Was listening to an old Bombcast in which Vinny said he played FFVII for the first time in 2006/2007 and was completely unspoiled on the plot, even including THAT spoiler. How the hell!?

It happens, you just gotta avoid any talk or videos concerning that series however I don't how he managed to avoid for that long or probably he got spoiled but forgot about it. When MGS4 released I didn't own a PS3 and only played it months later at my cousin's house. I did manage to buy one though but at the time I was able to avoid everything and anything concerning that game, so glad I wasn't spoiled because it's such an easy game to spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom