• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I'm back at an actual computer I'm listening to the "Haze is the shit" clip and man it's tough to listen to a censored podcast.

CUCGAtpUsAA0a9B.png:large

The wallpaper

CHECK THE REFLECTION

Wait you can get 8 in Mario Party 8?

Oh god.

1 Jeff
2 Dan
3 Brad
4 Drew
5 Jason
6 Vinny
7 Austin
8 Alex

Sounds like Game of the Year to me!

That reflection is better than 90% of Photoshops like that would be. Which says the sad state of affairs of what qualifies as a "graphic designer" these days...

I mean, what is that, a mask, transparency overlay, lowered opacity, and a bit of specific warping to make the bodies distort properly according to the refraction of the mirror? Not that hard, then again I live in Manhattan and do this for a living. Eugh.

yami4ct

why is the Playstation TV going for like 20 fucking dollars while the Vita will probably never get to a price where I'll consider buying it

I've bought 2 vitas and I still don't regret it. It has very niche uses, but what it does well it does amazingly. Lots of cool small Japanese games, remote play and a huge retro library. Love that system.

Does the Vita TV play the complete PS Classics and PSP libraries? For $20, it'd be a fantastic JRPG system if that was the case. Worth it purely for P4 Golden if you won't buy a regular Vita.

Does the Vita TV play the complete PS Classics and PSP libraries? For $20, it'd be a fantastic JRPG system if that was the case. Worth it purely for P4 Golden if you won't buy a regular Vita.
It's got whitelists for those too for some reason. Seems like most digital PSP/PS1 games are on there, with a few weird exceptions (Dracula X Chronicles for instance, is on the list in Europe, but not in the US). There's always that email exploit that can override the whitelists, but it was patched in the recent firmware(s), so it's a tradeoff for never updating.

why is the Playstation TV going for like 20 fucking dollars while the Vita will probably never get to a price where I'll consider buying it

The first Amazon Black Friday bundle still ranks as one of the best bargains I've snagged. $179 for the Vita bundle with AC Liberation, a 4gb card, 3 months of PS+, and PS All-Stars. I remember that the next year's Amazon BF bundle was an even better deal (Walking Dead bundle with Uncharted, Sly 4, Retro City Rampage). I don't believe that there's been as good a deal as that since.

yami4ct

Today I bought an Amiibo for its intended in-game purpose. Oh my god, what am I doing? It's also the first one I've opened. Own two others, but I bought 1 because it was really rare at the time and I liked Fire Emblem (First Release Marth) and the other because Xenoblade is awesome and there isn't really any Shulk merch.

Today I bought an Amiibo for its intended in-game purpose. Oh my god, what am I doing? It's also the first one I've opened. Own two others, but I bought 1 because it was really rare at the time and I liked Fire Emblem (First Release Marth) and the other because Xenoblade is awesome and there isn't really any Shulk merch.

you forgot to tell us which one and why

I bought the Splatoon 3-pack because I wanted those extra items and mini-games. Also, I really like Splatoon's designs.

That's $34.99 you could have spent on actual video games

You could have bought Dying Light on Steam with that money

it's okay, I'm thinking about getting that 25th anniversary Mario one because I'm an idiot

yami4ct

That's $34.99 you could have spent on actual video games

You could have bought Dying Light on Steam with that money

it's okay, I'm thinking about getting that 25th anniversary Mario one because I'm an idiot

It was only $30 where I bought it. See, even more reason why it was OK!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Conversely, if you mostly dislike Infinite but enjoy the franchise Burial at Sea is both a neat little coda and an interactive apology for the specific mistakes Infinite got (rightly or not depending on your stance) called out on.

What mistakes are you referring to?

Also I have a really hard time reconciling that the same person could think Infinite is terribly written and also think Burial At Sea is not flaming trash fan-service fanfic-level canon wankery with no point to it at all other than to even more specifically tie the universes together, which was already done more effectively and subtly in Infinite. Jack and the Little Sisters aren't even characters... smh, what was Levine thinking.

Myggen

That Bravely Default Native American thread is really special.

A quality account suicide by a Gamergator in there. I swear the people who complain about people being easily offended get offended by everything themselves. Getting this upset about a potential costume change, get some perspective and stop crying about censorship.

Anyways. Watched MPP5 today, what a great video that is.

yami4ct

A quality account suicide by a Gamergator in there. I swear the people who complain about people being easily offended get offended by everything themselves. Getting this upset about a potential costume change, get some perspective and stop crying about censorship.

Anyways. Watched MPP5 today, what a great video that is.

I hate people crying 'censorship' all the time. They understand the connotative definition of the word, and they are using it because of that, but constantly insist they are using it literally.

Whatever ends up happening, the Fire Emblem Fates thread will be a fun one.

They understand the connotative definition of the word, and they are using it because of that, but constantly insist they are using it literally.

if neogaf has taught me anything recently, it's that the slowest but most unstoppable way to grind useful discussion into the ground is to have a large enough group of people who don't understand definitions and have an endless supply of false equivalencies to wear everybody else down.

you should see the thread filter list i've built just to keep myself from being tempted to deal with any more of that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went down a weird rabbit hole through GB videos and remembered that Tekken Hybrid and Tekken Revolutio\n were both things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom