• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh nice lol... Watching the Life is Strange video and they actually talk long enough over the credits at the end of Episode 2 (the game's episode 2, not the second video) that they got all the way to the bottom where my team is lol... This is now the second time my name shows up in a Giantbomb video after the time Jeff used me as a guinea pig to show off the "Request Real Name" feature during the PS4 launch stream lol.

Rainmaker

Banned
Considering half the WWE's roster is either badly hurt or on vacation, I'm gonna give the WWE the benefit of the doubt when it gets roasted on the next power bombcast..

Their writing is so bad right now it's indefensible. They pretty much refuse to make new stars. It's insane. There were one or two good matches though the problem is there's no reason to care about those matches.

vIsTBAN.png

Also REVANGANCE is so damn good.

Rainmaker

Banned
With wrestling the good moments are amazing but most everyone keeps watching WWE hoping it gets better. There is no perfect wrestling company but there are plenty of places to get what you want from it.

WWE NXT specials are usually great. Lucha Underground is amazing for its outlandish storylines and fun lucha matches but the wait for season 2 is killing me. PWG has a fun atmosphere, commentary that doesn't take itself seriously, with good to incredible matches. Evolve has been on a decent run lately. NJPW can get on good runs and has some of the best talent in the world.

WWE has one of the best rosters ever right now and I watch to support those people. It just sucks seeing them being misused due to the old guard running the company that live in a bubble surrounded by money and yes-men. Wrestling done right is one of the most awesome things to watch.

Jeff will get back into it. You can't get away!

WWE has one of the best rosters ever right now and I watch to support those people. It just sucks seeing them being misused due to the old guard running the company that live in a bubble surrounded by money and yes-men. Wrestling done right is one of the most awesome things to watch.

Which is essentially what WWE was. At the time I jumped from Wrestling, I joined the UFC bandwagon and haven't left ever since.

Anthony-Pettis.gif

While UFC isn't as awesome as it was back in the day as well, you'll still see new fighters and unpredictability is still part of the game.

Edit: Then again they both are doing different things, it's just that Wrestling(WWE specifically) is way less exciting today then it was back in the day with all the over the top, dumb shit.

fBkXrrG.png

Rainmaker

Banned
Why do so many video game fans watch wrestling? I don't get the connection

I understand the comic book fan/wrestling fan crossover but the game enthusiast/wrestling fan overlap is a little strange... but I figure it's probably because playing video games is pretty widespread and normal. Not to mention both communities have always had a huge presence on the internet.

AcridMeat

Banned
On a lighter note, played the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands. Really really great stuff. Hope Austin has played more.
Dude! I finished episode 1 yesterday. It really is super fun, pleased I decided to buy it. I wish more of the crew had given it a shot now.

Their writing is so bad right now it's indefensible. They pretty much refuse to make new stars. It's insane. There were one or two good matches though the problem is there's no reason to care about those matches.

Oh I'm certainly not defending the writing. It's always been garbage. But the in-ring matches in the PPV itself were much lower quality than usual and one reason for that is all the recent injuries/vacations leaving a half-baked roster. When Ziggler vs Breeze is a thing, you know its totally fucked.

Pity Roman at the end was pretty hilarious though.

As an entirely off-topic remark, I only just learned that the "Winners don't use drugs" screen was in every single arcade game in the US for a decade. I always thought it was just a one-time thing that people kept referencing because it's real dumb.
Why do so many video game fans watch wrestling? I don't get the connection
Wrestling is pretty much Metal Gear Solid.

kAmui-

My lord this latest MGScanlon. Drew can't be going through all his staff to check who is infected, right?! I'm pretty sure I never did this and it worked out fine.

tesqui

Wow, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the epidemic in MGSV. I was looking at dudes on the base for physical differences ahah. I just gave up and sped through the main missions hoping for it to resolve itself. I probably could have saved a bunch of dudes if I wasn't stupid haha.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Austin's sleight of hand with his Smash Bros opinion was amazing. I was gearing up for the typical "oh god, here we go" reaction and he completely blind-sided me. Good stuff.

Jintor

Austin's sleight of hand with his Smash Bros opinion was amazing. I was gearing up for the typical "oh god, here we go" reaction and he completely blind-sided me. Good stuff.

Where on? Beastcast?

I've listened to like probably about 15 hours of austin over the last 3 days so it's all merged into a lot of cyberpunk mainly

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Where on? Beastcast?

I've listened to like probably about 15 hours of austin over the last 3 days so it's all merged into a lot of cyberpunk mainly

The latest Beastcast.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
roughly an hour in, I dunno. Current time is 1:15:00 in, and I remember listening to it when I was about that far away from home on the drive home.

I'm recounting this because I can't be bothered scrubbing back through it, but I want to make it seem like I put some effort in

danm999

Wow, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the epidemic in MGSV. I was looking at dudes on the base for physical differences ahah. I just gave up and sped through the main missions hoping for it to resolve itself. I probably could have saved a bunch of dudes if I wasn't stupid haha.

I figured it had to be what it was; the Quiet scene was one thing but it just fit in with the theme of the game. From there it's just figuring out which was the common factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom