• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still want to see the part with male female copulation that I've heard so much about.

I feel like there's a lot I can learn.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
cam we skip this mgsv scanlon and move straight to the revengeance scanlon

And then onto drew's ocarina of time playthrough with Jeff by his side. Good plan jintor

Herbs

Banned
Is there a timeframe yet for the GotY podcasts? I know it's early but every year i forget when they post them? Ids it over the x-mas break generally?

Antiwhippy

jartimes is about the exact right format for jeff really

I mean I don't blame him, he's probably busy with actual managerial stuff. But Dan and drew seems to be the only ones who could do a regular, long running feature in the San Fran office.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I mean I don't blame him, he's probably busy with actual managerial stuff. But Dan and drew seems to be the only ones who could do a regular, long running feature in the San Fran office.

I like dan but I couldn't watch another long series with dan.

Zaph

If you double the players to 8, I'm guessing that'll double the length of the game? It doesn't become teams of two or something?

An 8 hour MPP just wouldn't be fun. They'd have to reduce the turns which is sacrilege.

Antiwhippy

If you double the players to 8, I'm guessing that'll double the length of the game? It doesn't become teams of two or something?

An 8 hour MPP just wouldn't be fun. They'd have to reduce the turns which is sacrilege.

Hey.

We won't know until we try.

Also isn't 8 the start of all that car stuff?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
And then onto drew's ocarina of time playthrough with Jeff by his side. Good plan jintor

"I don't even know where to go. The game doesn't have any waypoints. I don't wanna blame the game but it's just obnoxious, you know?"

Drew is bad at games

danm999

I mean, besides the fact eight people moving just takes longer, I assume you near double your chance of extra mini games and events (assuming Mario Party 8 has those).

"I don't even know where to go. The game doesn't have any waypoints. I don't wanna blame the game but it's just obnoxious, you know?"

Drew is bad at games

And when they get to the Water Temple it becomes a Breaking Drew.

Megasoum

Banned
So I've been watching the Life is Strange videos over the week-end and every single videos I've ran into really bad stuttering issues once I get roughly halfway through those videos.

Man I hate the site's video player...

TraBuch

Banned
Wonder who Quick Looked the Bloodborne DLC. Hope it's not Brad lest we hear him complaining about game mechanics when he's just bad at games.

Heimbeck

Banned
So I've been watching the Life is Strange videos over the week-end and every single videos I've ran into really bad stuttering issues once I get roughly halfway through those videos.

Maybe it's too late now, but the first three videos are on YouTube.

Fireblend

Banned

I've been having more issues lately with the video player than before, specially during livestreams. No sound, no video, only working in HD/SD, etc... I have no idea what's up with that.

repeater

He platinumed the game.

On video!
I mean, I don't wanna be that guy, but.. can we really be sure of that, though? Is there any evidence in the "Breaking Bradborne" videos that it wasn't just Jason holding the controller all along? I'm just saying.

Follow the money

daydream

Banned
How is that even possible?

well the main framework of the game is the same, so these are the variables that determine a game's quality:

- design of the boards (in the broad sense, so incl. visual design, items, board events, stuff like capsules, etc.)
- quality and variety of minigames
- turn speed/general pacing
- bonus star rules (these will become random at some point as opposed to the three fixed bonus stars we've been seing so far - a ridiculous change)
- variety of modes (super duel mode redeems 5 a bit, for example)
- presence or absence of waluigi (the only part where 2 takes a hit)

obviously the first two points are the key differentiating factors

9/island tour/10 are different beasts entirely. ndcube reworked and assimilated them toward the wii party rule set which worked pretty well for wii party (the first one, anyway) but completely sucked the fun (as in, the modicum of fun that was left) out of mario party. at least they recovered from the abysmal minigame quality demonstrated in 8. funny enough, the relatively brisk pace of the new ones will shorten the suffering for the crew, however, this is only due to them playing 50 goddamn turns in previous ones which, well - let's just say i played hundreds of hours of mario party 2, multiplayer and solo, as a kid and i never, ever, ever did less than the minimum amount of turns (which is 20). so that will skew their perception of the newer ones, for sure

but to answer your question, 8 fails to have interesting boards (with maybe one exception) and the minigames are awful, both from a design perspective and a technical perspective (clearly the team working on this hadn't quite figured out the wiimote, yet, like the main teams had, so control is super janky)

repeater

Is Brad's character even in a good position for the Bloodborne DLC? He'll have to play up to Amelia in NG+, right?
It would be hilarious if it's Jeff doing the QL because he's the only one that stopped playing the game before triggering
the Blood Moon

repeater

Didn't even think of that. He originally stopped playing when he couldn't beat Rom, right?
I think so.. I remember him talking about beating Amelia, and in the follow-up video with Brad and Jason he was running around in the Forbidden Woods. I think he beat
The Shadow of Yharnam
, but I can't remember?
GB trophy list spies - get on it!

I mean, besides the fact eight people moving just takes longer, I assume you near double your chance of extra mini games and events (assuming Mario Party 8 has those).

And when they get to the Water Temple it becomes a Breaking Drew.

That's the kind of brainstorming we need around here!

holy shit at the star wars talk on UPF

like, I know a shitload of Star Wars stuff, but as it turns out, I give even less of a crap about the prequels than I thought I did, because I didn't realize there were only two sith in the whole universe. I thought it just meant that they were always in groups of two.

I know the space worm is an Exogorth. but I didn't know the sith rules.

Wrestling is pretty much Metal Gear Solid.

9696691418_a9c877a9da_o.gif

Fjolle

Wonder who Quick Looked the Bloodborne DLC. Hope it's not Brad lest we hear him complaining about game mechanics when he's just bad at games.

From the promo:
Armed with a fancy new whirligig, Brad and Jason see what's up in good ol' Yharnam.

Dineren

Banned
Did Jason beat Bloodborne? I think I remember him saying he didn't like it as much as Dark Souls, but I can't remember if he actually beat it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom