• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm with Jeff, I basically used the starting gear from beginning to end (which for me was about halfway through the game). Didn't really bother with other guns, I was overpowered already, the only times the game got close to being fun is when I was trying to be stealthy and in that case I had no use for a sick SMG or whatever.

I'm with Jeff, I basically used the starting gear from beginning to end (which for me was about halfway through the game). Didn't really bother with other guns, I was overpowered already.

Every weapon in that game is totally viable to use through end game, though some are better than others.

Edit: I thought we were talking about BB, but I guess my post still applies.

FluxWaveZ

I'm with Jeff, I basically used the starting gear from beginning to end (which for me was about halfway through the game). Didn't really bother with other guns, I was overpowered already, the only times the game got close to being fun is when I was trying to be stealthy and in that case I had no use for a sick SMG or whatever.

This works if you're mainly going lethal and killing everyone.

Snipers with sleeper darts were a huge help, as for other non-lethal leaning weapons I researched.

the near 100% accurate tranq pistol is so OP that it basically trivializes the entire game on its own. I went back and got S ranks on every mission and don't think I ever hit a stumbling block, even on the hard mode ones. it's not a very hard game.

that's not meant to be bragging, that's meant to demonstrate that maybe the higher level weapons shouldn't be as much of a pain to unlock as they are because they don't make things easier unless you're going hyperviolent.

the near 100% accurate tranq pistol is so OP that it basically trivializes the entire game on its own. I went back and got S ranks on every mission and don't think I ever hit a stumbling block, even on the hard mode ones. it's not a very hard game.
Tranq pistol definitely trivializes the game. The only tranq weapon that's probably better is the sniper, and that's just because of the extra range.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This works if you're mainly going lethal and killing everyone.

Snipers with sleeper darts were a huge help, as for other non-lethal leaning weapons I researched.

But that made the game even easier than it already way. I guess if you care about the score at the end it is helpfull though.

that's not meant to be bragging, that's meant to demonstrate that maybe the higher level weapons shouldn't be as much of a pain to unlock as they are because they don't make things easier unless you're going hyperviolent.

Well you really dont need to have anything higher than grade 5 weapons to beat/s-rank the game.

The really high level stuff is only there for people who want to keep building new things and as a way for Konami to push people to buy their FOBs. If it wasnt for the grade 7-8 items, there'd be literally 0 point to owning more than one FOB.

popo

I am still annoyed I missed that silly wheel weapon in BB. Somehow the NPC who sold it got himself dead and I have no idea how.

Damn, I love GB and I love bloodborne, but I don't think I want to spoil any bosses for myself, I think I need to wait to watch it

29m until 44m if you want to skip past the only boss they show.

kOOb8dK.gif

Frenden

Banned
You have to hope that the person posting that is being purposely awful for comedic value, right? 'Cause, otherwise, that's some straight up serial killer shit.

Edit: You added more links and it gets so much worse. Ugh.

popo

You have to hope that the person posting that is being purposely awful for comedic value, right? 'Cause, otherwise, that's some straight up serial killer shit.

Edit: You added more links and it gets so much worse. Ugh.

The long post with all the pictures reads like a goof, although maybe one he spent too long thinking about. Hopefully he wasn't really role playing his game as a rapey serial killer.

The other posts could also be trolls but I would also buy that he has a serious butt and underwear fetish. Not unheard of on the internet.

faridmon

Have you tried switching between Progressive / Streaming / HTML5 and seeing if it lets you skip then?

It doesn't give me that option right now. I am planning to be a subscriber soon anyway, hope that fixes any qualms I have with that video service.

Can you downloads videos if you are a subscriber?

Joeku

We spoke too soon about that Bloodborne review thread.

It will sound weird, but i'm pretty sure that Reviewer ( Chris Carter i think ) do this just for clickbait and/or dont fully play the game he passed review. Why ?

At least the topic hasn't blown up with this kind of stuff. I don't think reviews for DLC really could.

Watching the quick look and not gonna get specific, but holy shit
these weapons

Fallout attracts weirdos, like that guy who drank out of toilets until he died from radiation poisoning.

Specifically the toilet in Little Lamplight. And I would really hope that both of these cases are jokes.

AcridMeat

Banned
This was awesome. I'd only seen his Power Rangers and MacRyckert before. The Arrested Development one is my favorite.
Did Jason beat Bloodborne? I think I remember him saying he didn't like it as much as Dark Souls, but I can't remember if he actually beat it or not.
He didn't beat it, explained it a bit on his extra life stream. He didn't enjoy playing it as much as the other souls games, didn't line up with his taste as well.
This is either the greatest troll account of all...of this month or ......
The most obvious troll account.

repeater

Yeah, if you're sensitive to spoilers you should probably hold off on the Old Hunters QL. Brad says that he heard there are only 4 or 5 bosses in the DLC, and one of them is shown off in the QL. (Pretty cool boss, though!)

Dineren

Banned
Yeah, if you're sensitive to spoilers you should probably hold off on the Old Hunters QL. Brad says that he heard there are only 4 or 5 bosses in the DLC, and one of them is shown off in the QL. (Pretty cool boss, though!)

That boss they showed off has almost swayed me into getting the DLC. I'm in the Dark Souls > Bloodborne camp and really didn't want to go back, but it's getting harder to resist.

I really, really want to watch MGScanlon, but I'm sooo far behind in my playthrough and don't want to be spoiled. That game is really tough.

I knew playing V was a mistake before it was even announced. It's my favorite game in few years tho.

I don't think playing V per se was a mistake, but they really should have edited it down a lot, let Drew play on his own, and not bothered with the base building stuff. Like, I can't believe they're ONLY on as far as they are, and it's part 18 already for goodness' sake. I can't see them finishing before like, March at the earliest.

I don't think playing V per se was a mistake, but they really should have edited it down a lot, let Drew play on his own, and not bothered with the base building stuff. Like, I can't believe they're ONLY on as far as they are, and it's part 18 already for goodness' sake. I can't see them finishing before like, March at the earliest.

Oh don't say that. They're WAY past where I am and I've been playing since launch.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member
there's so much more heavy stuff coming dude, you'll love it

I'm hoping for a GBEast thanksgiving is strange liveshow, but I think they said they wanted to play something else last week. But here's hoping we have some kind of show this week!

I think Dan will argue for MM #1
Jeff can go either way for MM and MGS.

I'm predicting MGS as #1 due to Brad filibuster as the rest of the crew is pretty solid on MGS as a #1 and Brad not getting the MM bug as hard as Jeff and Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom