• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

How about wrestling? Is wrestling hentai?

Have you seen the outfits they wear? Wrestling is clearly an Otome sport. Couldn't be aiming any harder for that fujioshi market. It's truly the most hentai of sports entertainment.

How much more dumb terminology can I fit in here?

that might frustrate me. adventure games are played for narrative. trying to break them makes the LPs unfun to watch. I prefer Vinny messing around in open world games instead. but i'll still watch it.

LiS is a game that knows players will actively try and break it and often rewards you for doing weird things with your time powers and deeply exploring the environments. It's pretty great about that.

LiK

LiS is a game that knows players will actively try and break it and often rewards you for doing weird things with your time powers and deeply exploring the environments. It's pretty great about that.

ok, so it's not breaking the narrative at all? that's cool. now I wanna see what he did in the game

This is one of the few games where being obsessive like Vinny can really pay off.

Well, rewinding to experience multiple outcomes is totally fine and seems like what you're supposed to do. It's stuff like standing and watching animation loops for 5 minutes to see if anything happens.

graboids

Goob?

2800673-dan.jpg

FluxWaveZ

It's weird. I think the end of Episode 2 kind of spooked him, but the game doesn't really do that without giving you a really massive amount of warning. I think the fact that it's used so sparingly is what makes the end of Episode 2 so amazingly effective.

I think them missing the "safer" alternative to the train solution is what might have scared Vinny the most, because he stated that it didn't seem an alternate solution was well telegraphed (while Austin said the opposite).

ok, so it's not breaking the narrative at all? that's cool. now I wanna see what he did in the game

Well, there was one time Vinny managed to actually break the ambient dialogue scripting between two NPCs by overthinking things and rewinding in a weird way, which was funny.

Jebusman

Banned

He's not so much breaking the game, merely trying to see how hard he can push the game before it pushes back and/or see how far ahead the developers thought when it came to this stuff

Alex and Austin are very objective focused, whereas Vinny just lets his curiosity take over and will check/rewind just about anything and everything, even after his goal has been met.

yami4ct

Well, rewinding to experience multiple outcomes is totally fine and seems like what you're supposed to do. It's stuff like standing and watching animation loops for 5 minutes to see if anything happens.

Has he actually done that in LiS? I haven't really noticed it. He's rewinding to check choices and obsesses about searching through everything, but I can't remember just him waiting and watching animations.

yami4ct

I think them missing the "safer" alternative to the train solution is what might have scared Vinny the most, because he stated that it didn't seem an alternate solution was well telegraphed (while Austin said the opposite).

I didn't even realize the game had alternate solutions to some of the puzzles until the GBE play through. They did so much stuff in for the last puzzle in Episode 3 that I never even thought of. I completely missed unplugging the phone for instance. It was really cool to see the game account for that. Their final solution was different from mine as well.

Has he actually done that in LiS? I haven't really noticed it. He's rewinding to check choices and obsesses about searching through everything, but I can't remember just him waiting and watching animations.

It's the first 10 or 15 minutes of the first playdate. In the class, the first thing the game tells you to do is look at some photo on your desk, and he just doesn't do it for a couple minutes because he wants to see if the teacher will run out of dialogue.

I was watching RAW last night and Goldust came out dressed up as a baby for 1998 New Years and Stone Cold came out and lowered a used porta potty into the ring and stunnered Goldust into it and flipped it on it's side. It was amazing.

You guys just dont understand.

Heimbeck

Banned
It's the first 10 or 15 minutes of the first playdate. In the class, the first thing the game tells you to do is look at some photo on your desk, and he just doesn't do it for a couple minutes because he wants to see if the teacher will run out of dialogue.

He didn't actually listen to all of it though.

Vinny is a fraud.

danm999

I didn't even realize the game had alternate solutions to some of the puzzles until the GBE play through. They did so much stuff in for the last puzzle in Episode 3 that I never even thought of. I completely missed unplugging the phone for instance. It was really cool to see the game account for that. Their final solution was different from mine as well.

They solved the key thing different too. I dumped them in the sink rather than throw them outside.

yami4ct

They solved the key thing different too. I dumped them in the sink rather than throw them outside.

My solution as well. I solved the train puzzle differently too. I was really shocked when I saw them get different solutions. I honestly thought the game would funnel everyone into the same puzzle ending at some point.

Dineren

Banned
Is the Bloodborne QL very spoilery?

I wanted something to watch while I have dinner.

If you care about spoilers at all skip it. I don't care and I thought there was at least one pretty cool thing in there that I would rather not have known about.

All this early 00's WWE edgyness.

Now that I think about it in the grand scheme of things Billy and Chuck was probably handled way more tastefully then it had any right to be.

For people who didnt watch wrestling at the time....

Billy and Chuck was a tag team whose gimmick was that they where a bit gay.

Eventually they got engaged and where going to get married on Smackdown.

WWE was getting a bunch of positive press from the mainstream media and GLAAD.

At the wedding its revealed they where not gay but playing along because their manager Rico told them too and they didn't want to go against it because they where getting so much positive attention but they broke the act before saying "I do" because they didnt actually want to married each other.

Then 2 fat Samoan gangsters came down and beat everyone up.

WRESTLING!

Meneses

Thanks, everyone who replied.

I usually don't care about spoilers but i've been trying to change that a bit, so I can be surprised from time to time :p

I'll leave the QL for another day, then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom