• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I need to find some time to play the Ar Tonelico and Ar Nosurge games. I know one of them is more of a VN with an english translation on the internet, but they always seemed real interesting.

They're pretty interesting games with one of the more interesting premises out there.

Haunted

Scary. That's actually scary.

I love how we'll be probably getting random, awesome things now till they settle in the new studio. Hoping for the best for the duders.

I've been watching this win an island thing for JC3 and when the video ended I clicked my other tab to continue browsing then I suddenly hear Brad and Jeff's voice, came back to the page and was greeted with this.
sellouts confirmed

danm999

Eh. I remember Jeff talking about getting flown out to events and it being more of a a hassle than anthing else. I think this was back when Capcom would fly the gaming press to Hawaii, for example. Or remember Ryan and Vinny in Liverpool for some racing game? That guy might be a little naive about it, but this isn't exclusive to youtubers either.

That's the joke. The point of the clip is he doesn't realize until talking it out.

Jothel

Anybody have that video from a while back which was about a story running through Mario Party or something? The thumbnail was a picture of Drew's face

yami4ct

Its fine. Admittedly, I know way more (and probably care way more) than I should about the universe and development history of the series.

But I've never seen a Star Wars or Alien movie before so I guess my sci-fi knowledge just balances itself out.

'Universe'? I thought the Xeno- games were all unrelated and the title just signified it was by the same creator. Obviously given it's the same creator, he'd be exploring similar ideas throughout.

I honestly know very little about the Xeno stuff aside from what games are in it, which I guess is more than Vinny. Haha.

'Universe'? I thought the Xeno- games were all unrelated and the title just signified it was by the same creator. Obviously given it's the same creator, he'd be exploring similar ideas throughout.

I honestly know very little about the Xeno stuff aside from what games are in it, which I guess is more than Vinny. Haha.

I talked about it in the corrections email I sent, but Xenosaga and Xenogears have a ton of connections to be considered in the same universe, even if it technically can't be confirmed since Square owns the Xenogears IP and Namco owns the Xenosaga IP. Xenoblade is more of its own thing, since it didn't really start as a Xeno title, which is why its different thematically from the rest of the Xeno franchise. Its more of a spiritual successor to the franchise than a pretty blatant sequel in the way Gears is to Saga.

The Xeno franchise was originally meant to be 6 games with Xenogears being the 5th (confirmed in the Perfect Works book) and Xenosaga being the first 2 or 3 (though that's more of a fan rumor based on speculations)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man. All this hate for David from beast. I mean i understand it, but for my route Chloe being a massive shit heel early on kind of mitigates him. I might have changed my mind if saw him also Chloe though, which I didn't get.

Wonder how they'll react to chapter 5.

Yea

Saga and Gears were related where Gears would have been the 5th game in the entire series, hell it was one of the reasons the Saga games got much hype when it was going.

2800678-screen+shot+2015-11-23+at+1.43.06+pm.png

Jeff Lode Runner Bombcastica on Thursday.

what a lode

KingKong

Man. All this hate for David from beast. I mean i understand it, but for my route Chloe being a massive shit heel early on kind of mitigates him. I might have changed my mind if saw him also Chloe though, which I didn't get.

Wonder how they'll react to chapter 5.

The funniest thing to me is Alexs immense hatred for Warren which I can only think comes from seeing himself in Warren

Tubobutts

Austin liking the Legend of the Seeker tv show while realizing that it is completely terrible makes me like him even more. And I'm surprised Vinny has never read any Discworld books because I bet he would like them.

Bacon

Man, Alex was pretty annoying in this last life of strange video. Particularly in the locker room scene where he was just constantly saying "let's move on" or "no I highly doubt that's gonna work". I wish he'd just chill out and let vinny explore a bit.

FluxWaveZ

Man, Alex was pretty annoying in this last life of strange video. Particularly in the locker room scene where he was just constantly saying "let's move on" or "no I highly doubt that's gonna work". I wish he'd just chill out and let vinny explore a bit.

I appreciate Vinny's tendency to explore and experiment, which has brought out the best content in Giant Bomb, but sometimes there are the typical context clues and game indicators that implicitly tell the player "now's not the time for that, you won't get anything."

Bacon

I appreciate Vinny's tendency to explore and experiment, which has brought out the best content in Giant Bomb, but sometimes there are the typical context clues and game indicators that implicitly tell the player "now's not the time for that, you won't get anything."

Yeah but a lot of the times Alex has tried to get vinny to move on there actually has been some other option or thing for vinny to interact with. It would be a shame if they missed some of that stuff.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone have a link to, or timestamp for, when Lang started Until Dawn on Extra Life? I think that's the last big chunk of EL content I have to watch and a googling wasn't helpful.

TraBuch

Banned
Austin liking the Legend of the Seeker tv show while realizing that it is completely terrible makes me like him even more. And I'm surprised Vinny has never read any Discworld books because I bet he would like them.
I literally only watched that show for Bridget Regan. She is...ridiculously gorgeous in that show.

AcridMeat

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom