• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only person I can name from Game Infromer is Andy McNamara and thats only because he has been working there for 25 years and been its EIC for 22 of them and thats kind of awesome and insane.

Has gamestop always owned GI or was that a cheap buy when for GS magazines where dying?

I tuned out when they got rid of the stupid nicknames, like Reiner the Raging Gamer and Kato the Gaming Katana. Did Dan have one? Dan the Normal Cool Guy Gamer?

Myggen

While probably not a great game to begin with the Wii U version of Rodea the Sky Soldier looks hilariously bad from the QL.

How do you port a motion-control-exclusive Wii game to Wii U and not include wiimote controls, touch screen controls, or gyroscope controls? That's kind of insane. Even the 3DS has gyroscope and touch screen support, so the fact that it's a 3DS port is no excuse.

Patryn

I am coming to the conclusion that my taste in games and this thread's tastes are pretty different.

The funniest thing is that GB's tastes are different than either.

jaina

I am coming to the conclusion that my taste in games and this thread's tastes are pretty different.

We might not agree on games, but at least there's Gilmore Girls.
I think people do send them stuff they just don't do mailbags. I remember them saying that a fan sent them something during one of the Vinnyvanias.
Yeah, the office address is public so there must be some stuff. They would have to shoot it in their small studio though, can't film the other CBSi colleagues at their desks.
I bought an old game for the specific purpose of sending it to Vinny, but then Vinny moved and now he no longer has access to a Windows 95 computer. Now I don't even know where I put the game.
There's a decent chance somebody mailed them a Windows 95 computer.

I bought an old game for the specific purpose of sending it to Vinny, but then Vinny moved and now he no longer has access to a Windows 95 computer. Now I don't even know where I put the game.
There's a decent chance somebody mailed them a Windows 95 computer.
That's a good point.

What I'm learning by systematically listening through the Beastcast over the course of a month is how my tastes most line up with Austin's and least with Alex, across both GB coasts. Even so, if Austin doesn't like Chameleon Twist, I won't hold it against him.

muffinsAKA

Neo Member

That's a good point.

This is my uneducated opinion, but I think you should still send it.

In my mind the way they know the GB East office is becoming an integral part of things is the fact that people send in mail just like they do to West. Maybe they don't have something to play it on now but they can figure something out which opens new doors etc...

I'm sure they're going to expand regardless but the push from the audience definitely helps and lets them know you're paying attention.

Bowlie

Banned
Rodea the Sky Soldier (Wii) is the child of Gravity Rush combat and Sonic.

I haven't played Gravity Rush, but yeah, I recognized that homing attack, the light dash, those dash panels and those vague descriptions at the beginning of each level

Gurrry

So.. its def gonna be Super Mario Maker for GOTY. The rest, I have no clue. I wonder where Bloodborne will stack up.

Looking back, its been a great year. Gonna be tough to crack the top 10 for alot really good games.

FStop7

Banned
"This insane attention to detail is made extremely apparent in the massive create-a-wrestler mode. More user-friendly than ever, this game will allow you to create just about anything you can imagine. My RoboHitler was complete with an eye visor, hook hands, skin that resembled metal and the people in the crowd even held up the German flag and "SUPPORT THE TROOPS" signs for him."

Jesus

Ordering a Roku stick and curious about my GB options. I know they have a official channel that works but is a bit bare bones but should do for the most recent stuff.

Can I use Video Buddy to "cast" videos to a Roku?

I have a chomecast which has worked great but I am retiring that to the bedroom in favour of something with a remote for the living room.

Would have been great if Google had the option for a remote and on board apps for its Chromecast 2015 revision. Would gladly buy a more expensive stick that had full Android TV on it. Stuff like the Nexus Player and Nvidia Shield TV are too expensive for what I need but the basic software on them seems great. Give me that on a steaming stuck for $60 plz

jaina

Ordered a Roku stick and curious about my GB options. I know they have a official channel that works but is a bit bare bones but should do for the most recent stuff.
Can I use Video Buddy to "cast" videos to a Roku?
I have a chomecast which has worked great but I am retiring that to the bedroom in favour of something with a remote for the living room.
Would have been great if Google had the option for a remote and on board apps for its Chromecast 2015 revision. Would gladly buy a more expensive stick that had full Android TV on it. Stuff like the Nexus Player and Nvidia Shield TV are too expensive for what I need but the basic software on them seems great. Give me that on a steaming stuck for $60 plz

I'm not fully aware of your options on the Roku Stick, but I know that you can install the Android GB Video Buddy on a FireTV stick. If GB is your main concern, that might be the better solution.

Edit: To clarify: I have HEARD you can install video buddy on it, but you need to get the apk some way and side-load it :/
Edit2: Just succesfully installed it and am watching Old Hunters now. But starting unofficial apps takes some extra work on a FireTV, so I wouldn't fully recommend.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm just gonna swallow my pride and admit I don't get the "battle of arizona" bit.

Beastcast halo contest entry.

e: vv ah, I'm like a month behind in Beastcasts

i accidentally listened to last week's podcast about 4 times already because I keep forgetting to download different podcasts to listen to while doing stuff

Myggen

I'm just gonna swallow my pride and admit I don't get the "battle of arizona" bit.

e: vv ah, I'm like a month behind in Beastcasts

God you suck, stump.

Here's a gif for you.

200.gif

I want to make a "Halo 5: battle of arizona" poster in the style of Blacksploitation mixed with Old Western movie posters but I dont have the skillz.

jaina

I'm still skeptical whether Dan's girlfriend wants to join a podcast where Dan and Paul out-Ryckert each other.
Is it just me, or is anyone else a little weirded out that Dan's girlfriend is going to be on a podcast?

I feel like that's a part of their lives I don't need to know about. I don't need to know who Vinny's wife, or Brad's girlfriend, or Jeff's fiance are.

I get that it's Dan and her choosing to do this, so it's not like fans are digging into private stuff per se, but I still feel like it's crossing a boundary I'm not sure I want to cross.
If she's not 100% comfortable with the appearance and (unforeseeable) consequences, I'd rather have her stay private. Feels weird to me as well.
Lisa A-striker is a somewhat public tweeter herself and has done Extra Life streams with Jason before moving to GB, so that feels different.

Patryn

I'm still skeptical whether Dan's girlfriend wants to join a podcast where Dan and Paul out-Ryckert each other.

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little weirded out that Dan's girlfriend is going to be on a podcast?

I feel like that's a part of their lives I don't need to know about. I don't need to know who Vinny's wife, or Brad's girlfriend, or Jeff's fiance are.

I get that it's Dan and her choosing to do this, so it's not like fans are digging into private stuff per se, but I still feel like it's crossing a boundary I'm not sure I want to cross.

I feel like the Dan + Paul podcasts have already kind of crossed that line anyway.

strafer

hahaha..now I picture Vinnys wife on the Beastcast.

Personal boundaries for Dan were crossed a long time ago when they started doing Danswers. If she wants to be on it and talk, then I'm cool with it.

If you feel awkward listening then you don't need to.

FluxWaveZ

Did you have an issue with Jason's wife being on stream with Jason?

Lisa A-striker is a somewhat public tweeter herself and has done Extra Life streams with Jason before moving to GB, so that feels different.

I guess that's the difference. Just depends on the person and the dynamic. If it's not awkward, there's no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom