• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is anyone else a little weirded out that Dan's girlfriend is going to be on a podcast?

I feel like that's a part of their lives I don't need to know about. I don't need to know who Vinny's wife, or Brad's girlfriend, or Jeff's fiance are.

I get that it's Dan and her choosing to do this, so it's not like fans are digging into private stuff per se, but I still feel like it's crossing a boundary I'm not sure I want to cross.

You mean Weiner stuff?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I only just finished last week's Beastcast, the part where Austin talked about Jim Sterling's youtube show made me guffaw. Pretty clear what he thinks of it.

Huh. I definitely don't mind if someone brings a SO to a show. Jason's wife is awesome! I'd imagine the rest of the gang's SO's are real cool too.

If they are cool with being on it, I am all for it, personally.

DamnBoxes

Lisa is great but, please, please, next Extra Life stream please don't read out damn-near every question that pops up in the Giant Bomb Chat cesspool.

Myggen

I heard that Dan's girlfriend posts to /r/giantbomb quite frequently.

But seriously, if that's actually his GF she's a regular on that subreddit

popo

If a significant other wants to podcast then I don't see how it is any more awkward than if any other guest was podcasting with them. Jason has a very modern attitude. He knows his wife can make her own decisions and handle herself. People were surprised as it goes against the standard advice of protecting your partner in case the creepy internet says bad things about them.

The one way it would be awkward is on a Danswers style podcast, but I find Danswers a bit TMI for me anyway.

eh, Lisa's been on stuff and she's awesome. it's just a person-to-person thing.

Huh. I definitely don't mind if someone brings a SO to a show. Jason's wife is awesome! I'd imagine the rest of the gang's SO's are real cool too.

If they are cool with being on it, I am all for it, personally.

i don't mind if the crew's SOs join in but i also don't mind if i never ever see or hear from them.

Pretty much, I mean I don't see why someone would feel uncomfortable? lol I don't get it. It's not like you're an asshole and constantly stalk the duders. For example, I still think Jason's stream wouldn't be as entertaining as it was if it wasn't for Lisa communicating with the people throughout the majority of the stream.

Myggen

oXChVix.png

H2jOBFa.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Is it just me, or is anyone else a little weirded out that Dan's girlfriend is going to be on a podcast?

I feel like that's a part of their lives I don't need to know about. I don't need to know who Vinny's wife, or Brad's girlfriend, or Jeff's fiance are.

I get that it's Dan and her choosing to do this, so it's not like fans are digging into private stuff per se, but I still feel like it's crossing a boundary I'm not sure I want to cross.

It's weird because he goes through girlfriends like crazy. Every month he seems to have a new one.

I find it weird that you find it weird

Bacon

It's weird because he goes through girlfriends like crazy. Every month he seems to have a new one.

Pretty sure he's mentioned on Danswers and other stuff that he's been with his current girlfriend for many months now so I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.

Myggen

Yo man if emcee wants this conversation to end I will do so, you can give the backseat modding a rest for now

Don't need EmCee to say that discussing this is getting way too personal regardless of whether or not it's against any rules.

Bacon

Don't need EmCee to say that discussing this is getting way too personal regardless of whether or not it's against any rules.

Dan is very open and honest about his personal life. I don't believe that anything that I said crossed a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom