• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Dan is very open and honest about his personal life. I don't believe that anything that I said crossed a line.

It is pretty weird tbqh

Yes, Dan volunteers this information, but it seems weird to actively comment on it. I get where you are coming from, but best off left alone.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Stop being creepy.

It's not creepy when he openly discusses it on podcasts, ones where he gives relationship advice.

Pretty sure he's mentioned on Danswers and other stuff that he's been with his current girlfriend for many months now so I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.

I haven't listened to a Danswers for a long time. The ones I listened to he always had a new girlfriend and admitted that he isn't in relationships for very long.

Zaph

rather than picking dads, someone volunteer to be Alex's uncle

R5Ftdd2.png

jaina

So, why don't we figure out GB's production schedule until January 4th?

We have "mandatory content":
  • Bombcast
  • Beastcast
  • UPF/Thanksgiving stream
Currently running features:
  • Metal Gear Scanlon
There's the 7+ days we need to set aside for GOTY production and travels.
How many Quick Looks are almost certain (stuff like Just Cause 3) before the holidays?
Will there be time for another playdate or COOA ?
Which beloved features can we schedule with the available resources?

Please factor in an average of 0.3 failed recordings, as well as 1 random sick staffer per week.
Bonus points if you are Alex's new favorite uncle and help him coordinate the guest top 10s.

Myggen

So, why don't we figure out GB's production schedule until January 4th?

We have "mandatory content":
  • Bombcast
  • Beastcast
  • UPF/Thanksgiving stream
Currently running features:
  • Metal Gear Scanlon
There's the 7+ days we need to set aside for GOTY production and travels.
How many Quick Looks are almost certain (stuff like Just Cause 3) before the holidays?
Will there be time for another playdate or COOA ?
Which beloved features can we schedule with the available resources?

Please factor in an average of 0.3 failed recordings, as well as 1 random sick staffer per week.
Bonus points if you are Alex's new favorite uncle and help him coordinate the guest top 10s.

I just hope for a regular Bombcast with both GBWest and GBEast.

Wunder

They have had the capability to steam out of the podcast room since joining CBSi and have never used it. They continue to not use it in the new studio as well.

What ending you get?

(Witcher 3 Spoilers)
'best' one where Ciri becomes a Witcher. Unfortunately I messed up the ordering of something and the Radovid quest got bugged/completed and so Emhyr ended up dying and lots of bad stuff happened in the North but pretty happy with everything else!

Myggen

Yeah, Jeff said on his Mixlr that it fits 8 people and that they are looking into doing video podcasts as well in a way that is affordable and the audio version wouldn't suffer as well.

I hope they keep that to special occasion podcasts, like interviews etc. The audio almost always suffers from video versions of podcasts because people being filmed tend to play up to the camera, stuff that doesn't come through the audio recording. It's probably a selfish opinion since I'll always listen to the audio version and some people might get something out of video podcasts, but there you are.

Haunted

Aw poor Alex. Someone hook him up. What's Donald Stirling up to these days?

I have two uncles but neither of them is remotely racist. :/
I am an uncle but no one's yelling at me during family gatherings. Guess I need to work on my racism. :(

Myggen

Yes and its released last week between Xmas and New Years.

Have they said that it'll be the second week of December this year? It was the first week of December last year IIRC. It would make sense because Brad has said that they'll have a few days with Just Cause 3 before the GOTY discussions.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
WWE is getting a moves DLC...really?

They have for at least the last few years. A few newer moves that are used by people who didn't make the roster cut along with moves from older games that got left out because hey look over there something shiny.

danm999

Have they said that it'll be the second week of December this year? It was the first week of December last year IIRC. It would make sense because Brad has said that they'll have a few days with Just Cause 3 before the GOTY discussions.

Now that I think on it Vinny said week after next at the end of the LiS play date.

popo

When does GOTY recording actually happen? Second week December?

They finished deliberations on 8 December 2014 and 12 December 2013. In 2011 they were super late and didn't finish until 20 December.

It was very easy to find this info as Jeff (and sometimes Brad) tweets the same "White Smoke" joke every year - or nearly every year, I couldn't find one for 2012.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/542110155123343360

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/411330821207773184

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom