• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was his segment about?

Jeff, Danny, and a couple of guys from old EGM (I think) chatted about their favorite games of the 360/PS3 generation as well as their pursuits of achievement points back in the day. This segment was followed up with a trailer for the latest WWE games' downloadable (paid?) moves.

Zocano

I know they're gonna be playing Life is Strange to its conclusion but I really hope they get back the Phantasmagoria 2 soon. That game is a masterpiece. A beautiful beautiful piece of art.

Mr. F

Banned
I know they're gonna be playing Life is Strange to its conclusion but I really hope they get back the Phantasmagoria 2 soon. That game is a masterpiece. A beautiful beautiful piece of art.

Meee too, as much as I try to get into them going through LiS it bores me to tears. That and more Bakalar is always welcome.

KingKong

... Jeff?

xEII14k.png

daydream

Banned
call me crazy but the wiiu version of rodea looks worse than the wii version

wiiu version seems weirdly bleak and ugly, colours aren't popping as much, blur effect is distracting

justjim89

Yeah, it's great. Conversely, Game of Thrones finished up last week and it's total shit. Telltale...not very consistent.

To be fair, what's Telltale going to do with a franchise as big as GoT? Nothing significant can happen to any characters, locations, or events from the show or books. They have to create a comparatively small problem for new characters that they then have to make you give a shit about, while also having nothing to do with the larger conflicts of the series. If they can't make good new characters (which it sounds like they didn't) the rest is pointless.

With Borderlands, it's just Borderlands. They can fuck with it as much as they like. Comedy and drama go so well paired together, it can be like a one-two punch and they used that quite well. It was refreshing to see them not trying to out-edgy their last effort. Plus they absolutely nailed the characters. I can't think of one that I straight up didn't like, besides maybe
Vallory.

Mature

call me crazy but the wiiu version of rodea looks worse than the wii version

wiiu version seems weirdly bleak and ugly, colours aren't popping as much, blur effect is distracting
I'd call you sane for that. Everything that's been said points to the Wii version being a vastly better product.

Bowlie

Banned
To be fair, what's Telltale going to do with a franchise as big as GoT? Nothing significant can happen to any characters, locations, or events from the show or books. They have to create a comparatively small problem for new characters that they then have to make you give a shit about, while also having nothing to do with the larger conflicts of the series. If they can't make good new characters (which it sounds like they didn't) the rest is pointless.

I wish they (or anyone else) could do a game based in Volantis, Lys, Braavos, or any location beyond the Narrow Sea, just for that creative liberty, without having to reference Tyrion, or Dany, or Cersei. But that almost certainly wouldn't sell.

I don't know, it's just boring for me when they show all these important characters but can't do interesting things with them. But that's not even why I did not like the game (I dropped at Episode 3).

I was constantly annoyed by how everyone would always put you in an undesirable situation, and whatever option you'd choose, you would make someone mad at you, and in the end that choice wouldn't matter. It just wasn't fun to play :/

Megasoum

Banned
The page says that the archive will be available on Jeff's page shortly so I'm sure Unarchived will be able to rip it to youtube.

Megasoum

Banned
It actuality gives me some low-level anxiety imagining having to move all that shit. I hate moving.

Yeah I used to be in charge of all the hardware for a large QA departement (close to 100 testers) and at some point my boss was talking about moving floor.... Nah son... Fuck that lol.

popo

I don't believe they bought the place, but Apple is moving in on the floor they were on.

Nope. CBS leases the whole building and Apple (music?) are subletting a floor.

That true? Also seems like i sense a GB GS merger in the future...

If they were planning to merge them in the near future I doubt they would have built all new separate studios and all that.

It actuality gives me some low-level anxiety imagining having to move all that shit. I hate moving.

I mean, after having to hand move everything from that Whisky office on very short notice - a well planned move down 2 floors doesn't sound too bad. The video guys have to rip everything up but it sounds like they do that quite often.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah I used to be in charge of all the hardware for a large QA departement (close to 100 testers) and at some point my boss was talking about moving floor.... Nah son... Fuck that lol.

You know what's great about moving an office, especially one populated by a lot of entry level employees? They're incredibly neat and tidy, and there's never a terrifying disgusting surprise hiding in drawers, under desks, or in the general chair area.

popo

Shit. I googled the apple deal to make sure I had my facts right and I think I know why everyone is being kicked off the floor. Well, everyone knew the reason - but I didn't know this much :D

In the building Apple plans to sublease through 2022, employees will share office space with CBS Interactive, the main tenant. The 76,000 square foot space could accommodate an estimated 400 to 500 employees. It's not known what Apple is paying to rent the space, but SoMa is one of San Francisco's most expensive areas due to its popularity with tech companies. On average, rent in SoMa costs $66 per square foot, so Apple is likely paying millions of dollars per year to occupy the space.

With prices so high I am amazed that they let all that space sit empty for so long.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I tweeted at CliffyB and then this happened. Could fill a bingo card with this dude's tweets. So stupidly easy to rebut and yet they keep coming up. I don't normally engage these people, but I decided to keep an open mind, but it's just the same old tired shit. Fight the power of the SJW boogiemen tho

Red UFO

I tweeted at CliffyB and then this happened. Could fill a bingo card with this dude's tweets. So stupidly easy to rebut and yet they keep coming up. I don't normally engage these people, but I decided to keep an open mind, but it's just the same old tired shit. Fight the power of the SJW boogiemen tho
Holy shit, what an absolute sociopath. Absolutely no clear through line in god thought process at all.

EDIT WHATTHE FUCK HE JUST MESSAGED ME FOR RETWEETING A GAMASUTRA ARTICLE https://twitter.com/Kaelath_The_Red/status/669339205902983168

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom