• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Man, I have stuff to play still but my top three games this year would all fall under the vague banner of "adventure game". I don't know if that says something about my changing taste or that video game writing is getting better and different.

Really glad you're liking the game!

I'm happy that people can finally see that amazing intro/"Press Star screen"... It's so glorious haha. I love the idea with the towel. Everybody was freaking out when they added it to the game.

I enjoyed the 2 or so hours I played of it so far but I put it on hold now because I am still going through Tomb Raider, haha. Good thing that there isn't anything else releasing now except for Rainbow Six.

I'm quietly happy that they're praising the original Battlefronts.

Well it's easy to see why, the old Battlefronts were up the ass filled with content compared to the new one.

Megasoum

Banned
I enjoyed the 2 or so hours I played of it so far but I put it on hold now because I am still going through Tomb Raider, haha. Good thing that there isn't anything else releasing now except for Rainbow Six.

Well it's easy to see why, the old Battlefronts were up the ass filled with content compared to the new one.

Hey man... If the reason you're not playing Just Cause 3 is Tomb Raider, aka another FINE Square-Enix Europe property then it's totally fine by me hahahaha.

I'm also playing Tomb Raider right now actually and loving it lol

daydream

Banned
let's be honest, the old studio was pretty terrible for playing games

let's hope they don't have to sit half a football field away from the tvs again in the new one

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what the fuck
3xakmlt.png

Bacon

let's be honest, the old studio was pretty terrible for playing games

let's hope they don't have to sit half a football field away from the tvs again in the new one

I seriously don't know how they did it. I need to be like 3 feet from whatever screen I'm playing my games on. My eyes will probably be shot to hell by the time I'm 26 but what the hell can't worry about that now.

justjim89

Beating TftBL makes me wanna go back and finally beat BL2, but I still have shit I wanna play by the end of the year cause I wanna do a thing for GBUPF where I post my own picks for each day of GOTY.

My end of the year backlog:
-Finish Fallout 4
-Finish Invisible, Inc.
-Play more Darkest Dungeon
-Beat Pillars of Eternity
-Maybe beat Stasis?

And no way I can get it all done. Especially Pillars.

Megasoum

Banned
Why is it so complicated to share a video or screenshot from the XBoxOne? Ugh... I took a screenshot and I don't have the Share option on it for some reason and it doesn't show up on xboxdvr.com

Why is it so complicated to share a video or screenshot from the XBoxOne? Ugh... I took a screenshot and I don't have the Share option on it for some reason and it doesn't show up on xboxdvr.com

What game is it? If it's an unreleased game then you'll have to wait till the game releases then you are allowed to take screenshots, for videos, if you recorded a video then you will be able to save & upload it on release day.

If it's an already released game then you'll just have to wait a few minutes for it to pop up.

Megasoum

Banned
What game is it? If it's an unreleased game then you'll have to wait till the game releases then you are allowed to take screenshots, for videos, if you recorded a video then you will be able to save & upload it on release day.

If it's an already released game then you'll just have to wait a few minutes for it to pop up.

Yeah it's Tomb Raider.

Holyfridge's Battlefront shots my god
Code:
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/571/23196448511_9dfdd1986d_o.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/628/22652027633_9395ac577e_o.png[/IMG]

Hopefully within a year Battlefront will be a lot more fully featured for the main modes, think the game is quite fun and the presentation really does go a long way in terms of making me want to return to it.

Does gamespot still have that giant green screen room that was build on the old On the Spot set?

Havent seen any videos that use it in ages.

Also that facebook stream reminded how big the Gamespot production team / live stream control room was back in the day.

The had a god damn mission control style room with at least 6-8 people in it.

Zornack

Holyfridge's Battlefront shots my god
Code:
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/571/23196448511_9dfdd1986d_o.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/628/22652027633_9395ac577e_o.png[/IMG]

Hopefully within a year Battlefront will be a lot more fully featured for the main modes, think the game is quite fun and the presentation really does go a long way in terms of making me want to return to it.

Goddamn. The gameplay in the beta completely tuned me off from buying the game but I'm still thinking about getting it just because of how good it looks and sounds.

Quentyn

All these Battlefront screenshots make me excited for future EA games using Frostbite. The new Mass Effect and the Visceral Star Wars game will look great.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yeah Battlefront has me pretty excited for Mass Effect as well. seeing that universe running on better hardware and a way better engine sounds preeeettttyyyy appealing.

yami4ct

I have high hopes for that Visceral game. I think Amy Hennig is out to prove something.

Visceral has been a real rollercoaster of a studio. They started out pretty nothing, made some awesome shit in Dead Space 1 and 2, and then went back into the toilet. I have high hopes Hennig can take the talent that is probably still there and do some great stuff with it.

Dead Space 3 is a great game and people acting like Dead Space 2 didn't totally make a mad dash into action nonsense is really odd.

And relativity pretty and visually diverse!

I should do a series replay, started playing Dead Space 1 again a few months ago and I can now run it at 4K, 144 FPS which is nice.

yami4ct

Dead Space 3 is a great game and people acting like Dead Space 2 didn't totally make a mad dash into action nonsense is really odd.

And relativity pretty and visually diverse!

I should do a series replay, started playing Dead Space 1 again a few months ago and I can now run it at 4K, 144 FPS which is nice.

DS2 had a good mix of action and horror. Yes it had really action heavy segments, but it also knew when to slow down. DS3 was on 11 for the action most of the time and didn't give the horror any time to breath, which turned the game from the series I loved into just another sci-fi shooter with some occasionally gruesome designs.

When I think of Dead Space 2 I think of rushing through areas filled with enemies before turning into corridors where you get sucked outside in a story sequence and try to avoid being eaten by giant monsters with quick time events. The opening is very tense but nothing really matches up to that tonally from my memory but it has been a while. Very much an action game through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom