• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complaints about Dead Space 3 coop being annoying because there are times where you have to survive on your own reminds me of the N+ coop missions which would have one guy in a hamster wheel contraption of some sort avoiding spikes, lasers, and so on where the other plays had to complete incredibly difficult mazes.

Shame N++ got rid of that madness.

The most obvious comparison really works: Dead Space 2 to 1 is Aliens to Alien, and Dead space 3 is Alien 3.
So Dead Space 3 is better than 2 then :p

And the universal ammo did change the flow of the game in terms of managing pickups but at the same time I don't feel like Dead Space ever went as far in the ammo conservation as it needed to. I always played on the hardest difficulty available at start(ie, did not finish 2 and 3 permadeath/3 save modes) and was always swimming in ammo for all of my weapons. I spent more time dumping extra ammo from my inventory to pick up my 5th medpack than actually worrying about being careful with my shots.

I wonder if they'll do the "vote on games we should Quick Look" thing again this year. That worked out a lot better than I thought it would last time.

Joeku

Kayne and Lynch and Army of two were definitely the games that I was initially thinking of and I don't think any games like that took off. To everyone's surprise nobody is talking about Hunted the Demons forge or Quantum Theory.

Do...do you want to talk about Hunted: The Demon's Forge? I want to.

I liked that game. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I got like all the way to the end of this post before realizing Quantum Theory and Quantum Conundrum are probably two different games. I typed a lot and it's all gone, all that remains is this evidence of my confusion.

As of the recording of the recent MGS V, he had watched part of it but hadn't finished it. He promised to go all the way because of his agreement with Dan.

He did not sound very excited about wasting more time on it.

It was really the worst, and not the worst in any entertaining way. Wrestling isn't even dumb fun right now like when it used to be bad.

yami4ct

I keep going back to the Play-Asia thread for some reason, not to post just to read. Why do I keep doing this to myself? That thread stopped being fun ages ago.

Tales from the Borderlands only dropped to 50% off on the Autumn Sale. Not as low as I wanted, but I doubt it'll go lower in winter. I guess I might bite.

Pariscope to the rescue!
I got like all the way to the end of this post before realizing Quantum Theory and Quantum Conundrum are probably two different games. I typed a lot and it's all gone, all that remains is this evidence of my confusion.

That was the second thing I thought of, after James Bond. Fortunately I remembered QC's full title rather quickly.

Bad cover-based shooters are truly the most forgettable of games.

Fun fact: InXile, the developer of Wasteland 2 (QL), is the one that made Hunted: The Demon's Forge

How do we approach the Steam sales now?
are all games on sale as of today with no future price changes during the sale?

No daily sales, no flash sales, no nothing. Barring some inevitable price mistakes, everything is as low as it will be for the duration of the sale.

Static sales aren't very exciting.

yami4ct

How do we approach the Steam sales now?
are all games on sale as of today with no future price changes during the sale?

That's exactly it. It's unclear if that's the new norm or just for non super-massive sales like the Autumn sale. The Autumn sale has far more often than not been worse than the Winter, so Winter might be the normal style.

For this sale, if something you want is on sale for a price you like, go ahead and grab it.

Moldiver

I liked the surprise factor of what we would get every day...also people probably spend more that way. I'm not gonna buy like 12 games today but over the course of a week I probably will if it's new games every day.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I feel like if we were gonna get a gbeast stream it would have started or be starting very soon.

:(

We probably are going to get bombasticas from the SF duders for now till things settle down which I have no problem with.

e0IWXEg.png

yami4ct

Giantbomb goty Axiom Verge is on sale for 13.99 on steam if you're interested, dev has said it's the lowest it'll go for a long while.

I very much support the dev's push against game devaluation, but that game relies way too much on 'hey, I look EXACTLY like Metroid' for my taste. Watching the QL and seeing just how Metroid it was put me off. If I want that, I'd go for the real thing.

I very much support the dev's push against game devaluation, but that game relies way too much on 'hey, I look EXACTLY like Metroid' for my taste. Watching the QL and seeing just how Metroid it was put me off. If I want that, I'd go for the real thing.

It starts to deviate from Metroid quite a bit. It subverts the genre expectations pretty well imo all while being a really good Metroid-style game.

jaina

It was way easier for me to get into than Super Metroid (the L+R aiming in particular). Axiom Verge does not hide the Metroid origin, but does plenty new on it's own. Worth to play instead of another (Super) Metroid replay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom