• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

Someone tweet this to Dan

pohGpta.png
thatsmyfetish.gif
Well at least the Videogamer UK guys made a funny video about it. I even think Itagaki himself joined the fray, prompting them to heckle him on "Right to reply".

Joeku

I know it's still early access and thus ineligible for most GotY awards, but Darkest Dungeon is so fucking good, you guys. I'm not sure whether I like the super tight systems or the amazing Lovecraftian narration more, but both together form a fantastic package. I'm not deep enough in to know if they tuned it correctly, but early on the numbers turn into a super tense turn-based game.

derFeef

I know it's still early access and thus ineligible for most GotY awards, but Darkest Dungeon is so fucking good, you guys. I'm not sure whether I like the super tight systems or the amazing Lovecraftian narration more, but both together form a fantastic package. I'm not deep enough in to know if they tuned it correctly, but early on the numbers turn into a super tense turn-based game.

Ah yes, it will finally be mine.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I keep forgetting devils third is coming out in the US

It's even getting a retail release

I thought that game came out ages ago, I know I've seen footage of people playing it. Did it come out in the UK or something?

Nero18

Will the events at the end of Witcher 3 dump me back into the world so i can finish side quest or will i fail them? Probably wise to spoiler mark the answer.

Will the events at the end of Witcher 3 dump me back into the world so i can finish side quest or will i fail them? Probably wise to spoiler mark the answer.

Yes
I think? There are some that you have to complete before. I think it tells you on menu.

Jothel

I wanna say it will straight up tell you "hey maybe complete these particular quests before you finish" but I might not be remembering right

Yes, they drop you back, from what I remember 90% of the stuff is still doable [I don't remember anything not being able to done, assuming you've wrapped up the actual quests like Radovid stuff].

A couple story related quests will fail once you pass a point of no return. Most will be available to complete though.

Hahahaha, thank you for showing this!
So if I understood correctly, it's a day where you and your loved ones gather round, eat some food and spend some nice time together, got it.

pretty much, yeah. day off work, family or friends get together and eat a bunch, maybe watch some football, ignore your weird relatives, etc

I wanna say it will straight up tell you "hey maybe complete these particular quests before you finish" but I might not be remembering right
I don't think it tells you any specific quests but it definitely gives you a heads up that you're at the point where side quests might fail if you proceed.

Strax

I'm watching the newest Encyclopedia Bombastica and I started thinking about old games. Does Jeff think games like this are legitimately good, is it pure nostalgia or maybe his interest in the history of video games? Almost everything pre NES (not talking about arcade games tho) just seems like total trash in my eyes and from what I've played most of them play awful.

Bowlie

Banned
For my final project in Computer Graphics at university we had to do a 3D Loderunner in Classic OpenGL. I was super glad when I saw Jeff doing a video about that game.

(here's the link if anyone wanna see it; it's not good, we never made a game before, and Classic OpenGL is obviously not the best option to program a game in 2015, but the purpose was only to learn how things work in the GPU since OpenGL is low-level and we deal directly with memory and stuff)

It is great. I didn't eat yesterday so I can stuff myself today.
Mountain of mashed potatoes �� awaits.

Wow, I just had that for lunch, what a coincidence!
(but I ate alone since it's a normal day here)

Heimbeck

Banned
I'm watching the newest Encyclopedia Bombastica and I started thinking about old games. Does Jeff think games like this are legitimately good, is it pure nostalgia or maybe his interest in the history of video games? Almost everything pre NES (not talking about arcade games tho) just seems like total trash in my eyes and from what I've played most of them play awful.

I guess it depends on how old you are.
As a young hip dude I will say most old games are total crap.

I think he's earnest about his love for a lot of the games he plays. When it's purely a nostalgia thing (like with, say, Bimini Run) he usually owns up to it.

That said, while most pre-NES era console games are pretty rough, no amount of time can make Pitfall or Yar's Revenge a bad game.

SomberOwl

So don't worry about Roller Coaster Tycoon World not getting recognition in this years GOTY discussions, it's been delayed out of 2015.

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone here play Mad Max? Was thinking of picking it up for $20 from Best Buy. It kinda seems to me like a game that doesn't review well, but is actually still pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom