• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here play Mad Max? Was thinking of picking it up for $20 from Best Buy. It kinda seems to me like a game that doesn't review well, but is actually still pretty solid.

It's a pretty solid game, the only major negative I feel this game has is that it takes a while for you to level up Max, your car and skills. Once you hit a certain level, the game becomes much more fun with all the things you could do as an upgraded character plus, for a wasteland, it has shit tons of stuff to do as well as find.

I particularity like the history pictures you find which are mostly stuff before the apocalypse and what I love about it is Max 90% of the time comments on them after you pick and look at one. I'm returning to the game to play more but only when I finish all the other stuff that I already have lol.

I actually liked Dante's Inferno. Hated Dead Space 3.

I liked both. Speaking of Dante's Inferno I actually liked everything surrounding the gameplay much more than the gameplay itself. The score, atmosphere, level and enemy designs were all top notch. The movie is great as well.

Why are they doing another Just Cause 3 QL? Is it that good?

The first one was done with developers playing and this one it's just them by themselves. I'm sure it's Vinny who'll do the playing which is exciting as always. Also, JC3 is pretty good from what I played.

kadotsu

Banned
I've been watching the 2013 launch coverage (The Longest Day is one of their GOAT videos) but I can't seem to find their lets watch of the PS4 february reveal conference. Does someone have the link?

I'm so glad I'm moving to Austin next month and will have a good excuse not to visit family on holidays. Can't get away with it tonight though ;-;

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I liked Dante's Inferno more than God of War 3.

Me too.

I get why people don't like it, but I enjoyed the action a lot, and was kinda disappointed with GoW3 when it came out.

Watching the latest Metal Gear Scanlon, I love how quickly Drew figured out the illness. My solution was to power through missions so it could resolve before too many died.

Zaph

3YwqbBn.jpg

Fallout 4 really makes me want to mod up New Vegas and jump back into that.

Fallout 4 feels so much smaller and restricting then past Bethesda games. Its like they are a game or two away from just making a Far Cry 3 or Borderlands clone now.

danm999

Fallout 4 feels so much smaller and restricting then past Bethesda games. Its just they are a game or two away from just making a Far Cry 3 or Borderlands clone now.

Yeah I finished it last night and I definitely felt "done" with it quicker than any Bethesda open word game in recent memory.

Maybe I'll go back and see the other endings someday though.

Fallout 4 feels so much smaller and restricting then past Bethesda games. Its just they are a game or two away from just making a Far Cry 3 or Borderlands clone now.

That's exactly what I did, 20 hours into modded New Vegas and the difference in depth are crazy, New Vegas has so much more going on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just mostly over loot in games. At least to the degrees of Bethesda games or Borderlands or Diablo type games. Even in Bioshock Infinite it felt so incredibly tedious looking through all the drawers

And I wonder if Vinny's ever looked at Wirehead

Bowlie

Banned
I'm just mostly over loot in games. At least to the degrees of Bethesda games or Borderlands or Diablo type games. Even in Bioshock Infinite it felt so incredibly tedious looking through all the drawers

I always start these games looking through everything until I manage to find some good armor/weapon. Then I just drop it and doesn't matter if the game callsl it a "boss chest", I won't bother to open it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I'm completely over the loot on Bethesda games, cause it's basically just "This gun does 5% more damage than the other gun". In Borderlands at least guns looked crazy and felt different. In Fallout it just feels like padding (as does the base building) which is insane.

Is there an up to date list of recommended mods? Google is giving me results from a few years ago.

NMCs_Texture_Pack_For_New_Vegas because pretty textures are pretty.

Weapon Retexture Project because pretty weapons are pretty.

4GB Fallout New Vegas because 4 GB is pretty.

Bouncing Natural Breasts BECAUSE!

EDIT: If you can't be bothered for all of those, then just use Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition. Gets all my bugs and installs only essentials.

EDIT: I have never tried the Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP as I always used MM so you can probably compare which is to your liking.

dont forget about bouncy butts

here's my list, buddy: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153420617&postcount=1624

it's mostly essentials and very nice must-haves

it's a bit outdated but it's a good list i think

Here's the two lists I took a lot from, they were posted in the Steam thread just a few days ago. Keep in mind I did a lightly modded playthrough so don't expect any of those wild enbs and what not, a lot of good stuff in here though.

Myggen

You get these up faster than I can listen to the podcasts themselves!

Heh, that one wasn't very fast! I always wait at least 24 hours before uploading a clip, more often than not 48 hours or more. Don't feel comfortable uploading clips faster than that even though I know that highlights on YT probably has no negative impact on the podcast itself.

The problem with going back to New Vegas is that the game feels like absolute ass to play.

Edit: I think I'm going to jump into Elite: Dangerous at 15 bucks. Seems like the perfect game to put on while I listen to podcasts or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom