• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
For anyone waiting on a deal for the new King's Quest, you can get the full collection for 9.99 at newegg. You can use the code EMCKKNT58 to get another 15% off. They will email you a steam code.

Hopefully the next chapter is coming soon.

AcridMeat

Banned
Jothel it depends on the family. How big the gathering is, if everyone is involved in cooking etc. It's about having a nice meal together. Christmas is more about treating everybody well and taking part in more activities.
I'm stuffed
Same. Probably shouldn't have seconds of the pie. Time to relax with the rest of episode 3 of Tales with this wine.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys confession time.... I actually just bough an Adele song on Google Music...

So my current "Best of" playlist (aka my mix playlist that has a bit of everything) goes from Metallica to Genesis to Eagles of Death Metal to Pearl Jam to Chvrches to Disturbed and now Adele (and that's just a sample of the list lol)...

I guess I have weird taste.

After catching some of the Turkey Day marathon and catching up on the Kickstarter updates, I've decided I'm on board with bringing back MST3K. I just have too much love for the series to not support it now. I only know Felicia Day of the new cast, though. Is Jonah Ray a funny guy?

it's about the food

the family stuff is just a cover

to gather everyone near the food

food

454.gif

Brashnir

After catching some of the Turkey Day marathon and catching up on the Kickstarter updates, I've decided I'm on board with bringing back MST3K. I just have too much love for the series to not support it now. I only know Felicia Day of the new cast, though. Is Jonah Ray a funny guy?

All of the confirmed non-Felicia cast are stand-ups. I'm not super familiar with any of them, but they're funny for a living.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No Kevin, Trace, or Bill doing the voices of the robots pretty much killed my interest dead. There's already so many episodes out there to watch and rewatch that I'm not dying for the show to come back because, as Jeff said, dudes talking over things isn't anything new now.

I'll just wait until someone creates a Visualized for Rifftrax that maps vocal patterns to a black overlay over the movie with the 3 talking heads

Silly Non American question for Americans.

Are there any difference between the food for thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner? Food exclusive for one and not the other?

All of the confirmed non-Felicia cast are stand-ups. I'm not super familiar with any of them, but they're funny for a living.
We'll see! I hope some of the old cast has cameos as Joel has said he'd like.
No Kevin, Trace, or Bill doing the voices of the robots pretty much killed my interest dead. There's already so many episodes out there to watch and rewatch that I'm not dying for the show to come back because, as Jeff said, dudes talking over things isn't anything new now.
I felt that way at first too, but I after listening to Joel explain his reasoning (show was always intended to have an evolving cast, etc) I really think it has the potential to be more than just-another-one-of-those.
I've been working on MST3K in secret for almost a couple of years. The people involved are awesome. I'm biased, but I will be floored if it's not good.

This is an inside duder opinion.
Oh right, I'd forgotten! That's really cool, I'm jealous you got to work with them. Congrats on that!

TraBuch

Banned

So my current "Best of" playlist (aka my mix playlist that has a bit of everything) goes from Metallica to Genesis to Eagles of Death Metal to Pearl Jam to Chvrches to Disturbed and now Adele (and that's just a sample of the list lol)...

You should add some Lana Del Rey to that. Specifidally, Born to Die. The album, not the song. But if you're adding the album, you're also adding the song, so yeah, the song. And the rest of the album.

Silly Non American question for Americans.
Are there any difference between the food for thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner? Food exclusive for one and not the other?
I think you can pretty much go for turkey again on Christmas.
it's not about the family, or the food
it's about that sweet, sweet alcohol
What if you don't drink.
I should start drinking.
i-i'm not jealous of your foods or anything
i want turkey, you bakas
I didn't get any
turkey. I got went for the ham instead.
But I'll probably go for turkey cause leftovers.

I think it is good to have a foot in a types of music.
I like me some good dubstep, hip hop, bgm music, metal, death metal, classical, rock, pop, and ect.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I felt that way at first too, but I after listening to Joel explain his reasoning (show was always intended to have an evolving cast, etc) I really think it has the potential to be more than just-another-one-of-those.

Which is why I'm kind of like... Why not just make new robots? New guy sent into space who makes new robots. It's not like when Mike took over and it was on-screen days between Joel leaving and Mike showing up.

It's been years. Make new bots which new voice actors can make their own and a new generation can grow attached to
yeah, but it's not exactly the same people who did thing before so it can't possibly be good. /s

Wicked sick strawman burn bro

Frenden

Banned
Which is why I'm kind of like... Why not just make new robots? New guy sent into space who makes new robots. It's not like when Mike took over and it was on-screen days between Joel leaving and Mike showing up.

It's been years. Make new bots which new voice actors can make their own and a new generation can grow attached to
I'd argue that with new antoganists and a new host, some continuity is good.

Brashnir

Wicked sick strawman burn bro

It's not like the bots haven't changed voice actors before.

I mean, yeah, I would have been fine with that too. I don't see how that would be better, though. The bot voice actors changed once before.

AcridMeat

Banned
It's going to suck when GOTY casts roll around and no one played Tales From The Borderlands to give Loader Bot his fair due as best new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom