• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vape king 420 for best new character

ss_fd59769dab84005dd2cc30a3a49bedd1950a6ea1.600x338.jpg

Patryn

Usually Thanksgiving is turkey and Christmas is ham.

Speak for yourself. At my house, Christmas is prime rib.

But Thanksgiving is all about the Turkey. Unless you're vegetarian/vegan or you really don't like Turkey, it's Turkey. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, probably some yams/sweet potatoes, then add in your own family stuff.

So I'd say that Christmas has a much more fluid menu than Thanksgiving.

Also football. You preferably eat while watching football on Thanksgiving.

turkey is basically a bigger, slightly less tasty, and considerably harder to cook chicken.

it's fine honestly but I'm not gonna say you guys are missing much

e: yeah stuffing is awesome

AcridMeat

Banned
Stuffing though, now that's just the best. I love how many different preparations/ingredients there are for it too. Every family has a different thing they like to do and they all taste great.

I spent a lot of Thanksgivings with other families. We didn't really celebrate it growing up.

Deep fried turkey is absurdly good. Also a really good way to burn your house down but eh. Worth it.

he bought a house after years of apartment renting, so i feel like buying a turkey fryer was him expressing his newfound freedom. holy shit though it was incredibly good. never liked turkey before!

danm999

I have had turkey and it was ok.

But it was in Australia so I have to imagine I am not exactly getting the best quality or anything.

Lode Runner Bombastica is great, shame they've never created a show where they played lots of old games at once while talking about their history with them.

Deep fried turkey is absurdly good. Also a really good way to burn your house down but eh. Worth it.

My co-worker lost his roof trying to deep fry a turkey.

I can't cook a decent everyday meal myself, but every year, I cook a decent turkey. Just let it defrost, brine it in salt, then stick it in an oven bag and baste it with a beer/butter mix. Has been a good tasting turkey for 5 years now.

Finally watching the giantbomb quick look ex and the very limited destruction is very awkward around the invincible, low poly buildings. Don't know why they can't get those to blow up as well.

Xeteh

Man I love me some Jeff Bombasticas. It is basically a video game version of the history channel. I love seeing him talk about these old games as someone who appreciated them instead of someone being like HEY LOOK AT THIS OLD GAME, ITS SUPER BASIC LOL. These videos are some of my favorite on the site, they're amazing.

fleck0

I loved Lode Runner: The Mad Monks' Revenge bundled in with some versions of Windows 95. Same game, it also had a fun coop mode two people could play on one keyboard.

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone ever had a turducken? Had it one year when I was at a Thanksgiving with about 20 people total. It was pretty amazing from what I remember.

Finished episode 4 of TftB. I hope more people play it. I certainly didn't buy into the comments here and there earlier this year but it's top 2 GOTY for me now.

Also
Gortys is so fucking cute.
also also
the see you, space cowboy hit me hard. In multiple ways.

JJDubz

Hey, Mygenn (sp?) Kappa i'm drunk but wanted to thank you for uploadin g all of the GOAT podcast segments. They're the BEST in the world!
EDIT: ps, i know you guys by your avatar so watch yo selves before i wrickety wrecky myselves.

Bowlie

Banned
with all this turkey talk, I just googled "deep-fry turkey" and fuck now I want some too, didn't even know that was possible.

(but that looked like it could be dangerous!)

Lelcar

Oh, Alex is already in San Francisco! Cool! GOTY so close yet so far. I wonder if they'll release them before, during or after Christmas this time..

Lelcar

They'll release them the week before New Years like always I'm guessing.

In 2012 and '13 it started a day or two before Christmas. In 2008 it was December 19th. But yeah, in 2009, '10, '11, and '14 it was after Christmas. Odds are against a sooner release, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Myggen

In 2012 and '13 it started a day or two before Christmas. In 2008 it was December 19th. But yeah, in 2009, '10, '11, and '14 it was after Christmas. Odds are against a sooner release, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Ah, you're right. With how early they're recording this year they might get it done a bit earlier, but then again they recorded about the same time last year. So yeah, between Christmas and New Years would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom