• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
it would have been like a 3 hour video. I'm telling you, the waiting in this game is brutal.

I don't know about 3 hours, and even if so we could manage. Kerbal is a slow paced game, slowness in a playthough is expected.

This is like when Rich added musical bits to the Hotspot. I fear change!

pizzacat

Banned
Well this is super disappointing. I know Jeff seems to be mostly friendly with Geoff Keighley, but man I really wanted to see the guys make fun of the stupidity that is this show every year.
I'm going to miss them laughing at dumb announcements, hopefully they do for the vgas

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is super disappointing. I know Jeff seems to be mostly friendly with Geoff Keighley, but man I really wanted to see the guys make fun of the stupidity that is this show every year.

Edit: Wait got it mixed up. So are they still going a VGA stream and just not PSX?
They never do streams for stuff like the VGAs, since it's pretty much a product by another media outlet.

pizzacat

Banned
Oh god this dude talking about his sonic OCs. Drew is just playing a really boring game, this upf is amazing

Pog assassins lmfaooo

Volotaire

I think streaming over the VGAs wouldn't be an additive source of content. Not only is the show tighter this year with less game announcements, I don't think there will be room for any complete disasters.

The PS experience stream would be a stronger candidate, but that's on a Saturday.

killroy87

I'm excited that we get both the Game Awards and PSX this week, but disappointed that they probably won't talk over either of them. Oh well, should make for a good bombcast next week.

Alex does not like Hertz car rental. I used them in Norway and they were great. Although their logo in the rear windshield always makes me think there's a cyclist with hi-vis on.

Zaph

Alex does not like Hertz car rental. I used them in Norway and they were great. Although their logo in the rear windshield always makes me think there's a cyclist with hi-vis on.

Did you hire from the airport? I've had near universally bad experiences hiring from an airport kiosks. The standalone locations seem to actually have their shit together.

Did you hire from the airport? I've had near universally bad experiences hiring from an airport kiosks. The standalone locations seem to actually have their shit together.
I hired from the train station and dropped off at the airport, booked months in advance. I emailed in time to remind them I was coming because the UK had just started a new system of license info sharing so I wanted everything to go smoothly. They bumped me up a couple of classes of car as well, so I can't complain.

Enterprise are probably the best I've used though.

Seems like there's enough fodder for a separate, 'Best game we can't believe came out in 2015' category.

tchocky

Critical Distance Podcast with guest co-host Austin Walker

How this works is that each of us will go back and forth listing off three games each that we feel haven’t gotten the critical attention they deserve in the hopes one of your will take it as a challenge. These games can be anything from Ich.io art games to prestige level indie games to AAA games that fell through the cracks for whatever reason.

On co-hosting duties with Eric Swain this month on this chilly November day is GiantBomb writer and critic, Austin Walker.

Austin's 3 games are Invisible Inc, Cradle and Cibele.

SomberOwl

This has probably been answered before but does anyone archive these mixlr streams or where do they archive? I'll probably want to listen to this one a bit later. Also from my phone so audio source.

This has probably been answered before but does anyone archive these mixlr streams or where do they archive? I'll probably want to listen to this one a bit later. Also from my phone so audio source.
There's jefflr.moe but that site doesn't seem to be working right now.

Dineren

Banned
You can also grab them on mixlr. Though if I remember right, he has to manually add them so they aren't instant and I have no idea if they work on mobile.

The other guy picked Tales from the Borderlands as one of his three? I feel like that one's gotten tons of attention lately. I'll give this a listen in a bit.
It feels like it's only really started getting attention over the last month or so and even then it's not getting the amount of attention that it probably should.

With the GB faction talk and it being St. Andies Day it seems timely to reveal this...Cara told me that after she finishes up on Dishonoured 2 she and Robert Florence are forming GB Alba.

I'm lying.

Some of those answers just suck. Titanfall? The Order? Hardline?

Sure those games aren't really talked about, but they don't seem like the games that are really being called for.

"I was holding a copy of ______ in my hands not three days ago."

A lot of them feel like they've been brought up recently. Wet, Wolfenstein 2009, Haze and syndicate all seem like they've come up very recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom