• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Vinny inventing new standards

hZNvJV0.png

Joeku

that's the bad kind of salt though. then what the hell would I listen to while travelling to visit family over the holidays :(

You'd drive a lot safer on those salted roads if you live in Canada.

I am so interested in digging into Tomb Raider, and it's a weird bit of genuine enthusiasm (cuz the last one was fun to play) and academic curiosity (cuz the last one was fucked to watch). My biggest fear gameplay-wise is that it gets Ubisofted into sameyness.

dan2026

Why the hell isn't Danny O'Dwyer part of GB?

The guy fits in so damn well with everything, everything he is on becomes so much better for it.

The guy fits in so damn well with everything, everything he is on becomes so much better for it.

It's true. But without him and/or Mary Gamespot might just die on the vine.

To me, he's like the Green Ranger of Giant Bomb. He's not always there, so you really appreciate it when he is.

Zaph

This is like Knightmare meets Looney Tunes

The current way he gets to be de facto GB without taking up their budget

LiK

Danny will be hired so fast if GS ever drops him. but I doubt it since Danny is like one of the lead guys there now.

Anjin M

Emotional answer: Danny would be a great addition. And he should bring Mary along too as long as we are consigning Gamespot to the grave.

Logical answer: As much as I enjoy Danny, I'm not 100% sure what his remit on Giant Bomb would be. He could bring The Point over just fine, but what else? Jeff seems fine hosting so he doesn't need Danny to take over. More Quick Looks, I guess?

Realist answer: Money.

edit://
The... Comic vine?

I'm so disappointed in you right now, whippy.

tuxfool

Banned
It's the same with Uncharted where Nathan Drake goes from wacky Indiana Jones to mass murderer too, it's jarring.

It really isn't the same thing. Nathan Drake is characterized as just a dude...who happens to murder scores of people. Like Indiana Jones.

The problem with TR2013 is that they made the murder a core tenet in the personality of Lara Croft.

tchocky

It really isn't the same thing. Nathan Drake is characterized as just a dude...who happens to murder scores of people. Like Indiana Jones.

The problem with TR2013 is that they made the murder a core tenet in the personality of Lara Croft.

So Nathan is just a sociopath.

tuxfool

Banned
So Nathan is just a sociopath.

As is Indiana Jones etc.

The game narrative like those films never acknowledge the quantity of murder. In TR2013 they deemed to acknowledge it in the narrative, bringing all those pitfalls of doing so right into the forefront.

Sulik2

I just realized I am off the week of Christmas so I will be able to sit around and play Destiny while listening to GOTY. Greatest vacation ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom