• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "Choose our Adventure" game is so grating to me. I can't explain exactly why.

Yeah I legitimately cannot watch this right now. I've never had a reaction to a game like this, even with Vinny and the gang's commentary.

Does anyone know if they've confirmed Life is Strange for this Friday's playdate? That'd be great. Episode 3 is kinda slow and moody at first, but it is a damn solid episode overall. Would love to see them play more, and I predict that Alex's skill for predicting the writing will only continue.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I like this guy's animation though

qW0hu7x.gif

Kelas

I'd like to watch them play through broken sword. Now that's a good adventure game.

Kelas

OK, who the fuck nominated this game for COOA? Step out into the light and let the GB community jointly chastise you.

it was daydream and sleeping lesson I think

It's real disappointing to hear Dan and Brad be so accepting of the Fallout jank issues. I like Lang's explanation but it sounds like there are some real technical messes here.

It's real disappointing to hear Dan and Brad be so accepting of the Fallout jank issues. I like Lang's explanation but it sounds like there are some real technical messes here.
I think its all about how tolerant you are, im someone who doesnt care about the ocassional screen tear, and a character floating in the air or something wejrd isnt going to ruin my experience, now if the game is dropping below 30 in every combat scenario thats a much worse problem, but jeff only mentioned the really bad 10 fos happening one time in 40 hours near the finale

repeater

Catching up with Brad's Actraiser Bombastica. Now I think the thread title should have been "Listen To That Slap Bass - How Can You Deny That??".

Not everyone is going to be bothered by the same stuff. I love Fallout, the jank doesn't bother me much. I'll notice my dog float in the air then go back to the gameplay that I find really enjoyable. I recognize it and I see why it can bother people but it has little impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Nero18

Not everyone is going to be bothered by the same stuff. I love Fallout, the jank doesn't bother me much. I'll notice my dog float in the air then go back to the gameplay that I find really enjoyable. I recognize it and I see why it can bother people but it has little impact on my enjoyment of the game.

The jank in the Witcher games have annoyed me way more, as an example to your point.

Kelas

Catching up with Brad's Actraiser Bombastica. Now I think the thread title should have been "Listen To That Slap Bass - How Can You Deny That??".

Brad should do more bombasticas like that. I really enjoyed that one.

That's because there are no RPG's like Bethesda's RPG's so most people are like "Eh anyways, it's always been like that so it's fine, I'm used to it" I think people should get more critical about them so they would use the revenue they got to make a new engine that could really showcase what these consoles could do instead of being lazy about it even though I think none of what they do is lazy by any means.

danm999

Some jank is fine and funny but some of the stuff Jeff described; vital NPCs disappearing, quests breaking, areas becoming unplayable because of framerate, is really stuff nobody should be fine with and is not really funny or acceptable anymore I feel.

Especially when you're on a console and you can't easily mod or console command your way out of it.

I think its all about how tolerant you are, im someone who doesnt care about the ocassional screen tear, and a character floating in the air or something wejrd isnt going to ruin my experience, now if the game is dropping below 30 in every combat scenario thats a much worse problem, but jeff only mentioned the really bad 10 fos happening one time in 40 hours near the finale

Maybe jank isn't the right word then, but I lop everything into that word. I mean the progression stopping bugs and shit that keeps happening in every one of these big Bethesda games.

Dineren

Banned
Maybe jank isn't the right word then, but I lop everything into that word. I mean the progression stopping bugs and shit that keeps happening in every one of these big Bethesda games.

Apathy I guess. Like Brad said, eventually you just get used to the fact that they aren't going to fix these things even if you want them to. Since no one else makes RPGs like these, there isn't much choice.

I really wish they would make it a priority though. When the thieves guild quest line broke for me at the very end in Skyrim it came close to ruining the game for me. It really does make you question everything you do in the game.

Teddified

Heh, I remember using Console commands to fix some stuff in Skyrim and FO3. It's one reason I personally would only get a Bethesda game on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom