• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
Heh, I remember using Console commands to fix some stuff in Skyrim and FO3. It's one reason I personally would only get a Bethesda game on PC.

I used the console to fix an early quest that broke in the theives guild, but when it broke again at the end I couldn't figure out a way to fix it so I was never able to finish it. That was shortly after launch so I'm sure if it happened now I could get around it, but it really sucks that you even have to think about that as a reason to choose one platform over another.

Apathy I guess. Like Brad said, eventually you just get used to the fact that they aren't going to fix these things even if you want them to. Since no one else makes RPGs like these, there isn't much choice.

I really wish they would make it a priority though. When the thieves guild quest line broke for me at the very end in Skyrim it came close to ruining the game for me. It really does make you question everything you do in the game.

It's really a question of whether you take that constant annoyance and tune it out, or it becomes an issue beyond just the singular instance. Like 40 minutes into
Fallout 4 I was crossing the foot bridge leaving the first town, and I right-clicked to zoom in with my new pistol I had just modified. I was flung/teleported 100ft backwards and Dogmeat got teleported with me like nothing happened. This is now essentially the 4th iteration on the same engine, and what would have elicited laughter in Fallout 3 is now met with a strained "really?"

danm999

The most concerning thing for me is the stuff Jeff said about the dialogue cues and how the story didn't seem to end very interestingly or resolve in ways he thinks could have solved the problem. Him bringing up the Fallout 3 ending for me is a bad sign.

The most concerning thing for me is the stuff Jeff said about the dialogue cues and how the story didn't seem to end very interestingly or resolve in ways he thinks could have solved the problem. Him bringing up the Fallout 3 ending for me is a bad sign.

Those dialogue cue problems happen for me at least more than half the time.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That shouldn't really come as a surprise though. Every Bethesda game in the past decade has a main storyline that can be summed up with

"Hey! You're special! Go save the world!"

Okay! Now what?

"YEAH!"

danm999

That shouldn't really come as a surprise though. Every Bethesda game in the past decade has a main storyline that can be summed up with

"Hey! You're special! Go save the world!"

Okay! Now what?

"YEAH!"

I reopened the East Empire company so you could import that aged Breton cheese.

Just got to a part in Fallout where I have to kill two guys to progress the quest, but because I at one point had to pretend to fight them, I can only briefly incapacitate them until they get up and start shooting at me again.

BETHESDA.

Virtual On was always a game I would play at arcades because it just looked so cool and those dual joystick controls but I never had any idea what I was doing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Virtual On was always a game I would play at arcades because it just looked so cool and those dual joystick controls but I never had any idea what I was doing.

To this day I still consider buying a Virtual On twin stick controller at least once a year. I need to hitch a ride on the raid so that the shipping isn't so insane.

hamchan

It's not great so far, that's for sure. Which is kinda to be expected since it's Bethesda. Hopefully they hire Obsidian to do another Fallout since they actually know how to write well.

justjim89

Lang talking about business stuff is always fascinating. I loved him on the Bombcast this week. Even his insight into the Bethesda jank was really interesting. Dude knows his shit.

Loxley

Austin got me to download the 360 demo for Virtual On, and I liked it! Shame the demo is so barebones and the enemies you fight are piss-easy. But it's definitely a game I plan on picking up now. Surprised I'd never even heard of it before.

daydream

Banned
i could never really get into virtual on myself

need at least a bit of personality in my robot fighting game so i always turned to games like gotcha force and, more recently, little battlers experience

tuxfool

Banned
Lang talking about business stuff is always fascinating. I loved him on the Bombcast this week. Even his insight into the Bethesda jank was really interesting. Dude knows his shit.

I don't think it was. It is nothing nobody else here hasn't already said. But, yeah, it was nice.

Anjin M

The only thing I want to catch up on from Extra Life is Drew and Alexis playing Keep Talking.

I'm mostly interested in catching up on Mary's segment of their run. Her cameos are always the highlight for me.
I know this will come across pervy but what can I do? She's just cool.

Absolutely agree. I love when he and Darryl talk business on Team GFB Radio for that reason.

LegoArmo

I'm mostly interested in catching up on Mary's segment of their run. Her cameos are always the highlight for me.
I know this will come across pervy but what can I do? She's just cool.

Me too, I've seen this gif of her with a calzone, now I have to see that in video form.

LiK

Watching the Halo 5 Unfinished and Jeff completely missed getting the tank in
mission 3
. that's a bummer.

Watching the Halo 5 Unfinished and Jeff completely missed getting the tank in
mission 3
. that's a bummer.

Drew and Alexis on their playthrough were going to do that, lmao. Thankfully, Ian pointed out after them dying a few times that Governor Sloan was talking about a tank.

LiK

Drew and Alexis on their playthrough were going to do that, lmao. Thankfully, Ian pointed out after them dying a few times that Governor Sloan was talking about a tank.

yea, was just bummed they didn't see it in the Unfinished. was awaiting the Dan and Drew reactions but Jeff just fucking drove by it lol

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a link with timestamp for the moment where Lang learns what "Monked" means? He talked about it on the podcast.

Myggen

2qwnqpq.png

PZ5bNMs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom