• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Jeff thinks AC:Syndicate is better than he expected it to be.

I heard!

Still doesn't have much chance in the top 10, but depending on their awards, it could squeak in somewhere. I think Evie (or the twins as a unit) has a chance on best new character.

I'm just glad to hear Jeff positive on an AC game.

LiK

R6 is bad? no shit. some people convinced themselves it's worth $60 even when it has less content than Battlefront.

killroy87

R6 is bad? no shit. some people convinced themselves it's worth $60 even when it has less content than Battlefront.

Does it actually? That's nuts, I haven't heard that. I figured the sheer nature that R6 has equipment, classes, and actual diversity in playstyles means it already has a leg up over Battlefront.

Fuck, really? I started late, but I'll listen to the archive when it's up.

He didn't go long about it but I can understand his complaints, mostly it was about how it looks and that it tells you to buy 3 attackers and 3 defenders before starting multiplayer. So, you're forced to play Terrorist Hunt(you can play alone or with friends) till you buy 6 characters or buy boosters with real money to get double XP and buy characters sooner. However, from what I read you'd get credits fast so you don't have to pay for shit.

I think they forced that because when you are in a multiplayer match each round it changes from attack to defend and vice versa, with it being 5 vs 5, only one person could choose a certain character so if you had the same character and he beat you to it in choosing that character then you're fucked and you get stuck with a "Recruit" so, the chances of that happening when you have more characters is way less. In R6, each character has a specialty, basically. I think given more time he'll like it more? Who knows he said he didn't play it for much.

It definitely doesn't look special though, they toned down the graphics to focus on the destructibility which looks pretty cool.

Xater

He compared it to a shitty F2P game both in it how it plays and in how it looks.

I have said it since I got to play the beta. The whole design screams F2P. Hell you are even at an disadvantage if you don't have enough heroes...excuse me ...operators unlocked.

killroy87

lol at the Destiny talk. What a world we live in, where we're so conditioned to shitty DLC that when we finally get something of substance, we consider calling it a separate product.

BearPawB

Banned

It may not be worth $60
But i don't think it is in any way a bad game.

The game is more tense and exciting than any first person shooter i've played in awhile.

The destruction means every round feels fairly different.

Bowlie

Banned
they're not very "good" but they're really catchy and fun. diet music.

plus, Yuna screams like a banshee and is super cute so there's that

MNgPosk.gif

As far as cute go, I like Crayon Pop so I get you.

It may not be worth $60
But i don't think it is in any way a bad game.

The game is more tense and exciting than any first person shooter i've played in awhile.

The destruction means every round feels fairly different.

Yeah, I enjoyed the beta alot and will be getting the game soon. Within 3 - 4 Terrorist Hunt matches I was able to get a character in the beta. I feel that videos don't do it justice until you're in the heat of the moment and you see bullets shooting through every wall while someone is entering from the window and you see a wall suddenly explode with some dude coming through it all at the same time.

Edit: It's a game that'll shine most with friends though, that's how I played it.

Xater

Because there is no Powerbombcast and Wrestling Observer had their Black Fruday deal I have been listening to a lot of their shows. WWE sounds like the worst right now. Sheamus 5:15 made me shake my head for a couple of minutes.

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah, I enjoyed the beta alot and will be getting the game soon. Within 3 - 4 Terrorist Hunt matches I was able to get a character in the beta. I feel that videos don't do it justice until you're in the heat of the moment and you see bullets shooting through every wall while someone is entering from the window and you see a wall suddenly explode with some dude coming through it all at the same time.

Edit: It's a game that'll shine most with friends though, that's how I played it.

Yeah, i guess that I should say that even though I enjoyed the beta good deal I haven't bought the game.

So i guess that says what needs to be said.

But for tactical shooter fans, it's one of the best games in awhile.

Xater

Yeah, i guess that I should say that even though I enjoyed the beta good deal I haven't bought the game.

I love tactical shooters and don't want any part of this game. Give me R6 3 instead.

Because there is no Powerbombcast and Wrestling Observer had their Black Fruday deal I have been listening to a lot of their shows. WWE sounds like the worst right now. Sheamus 5:15 made me shake my head for a couple of minutes.

Sheamus has actually been way more interesting than I had given him credit for. Troll Irishman that just wants to have fun and beat the fuck out of people actually kind of works and he's fun on the mic. His opening promo on the show along with New Day was the best part of the show.

The new League of Nations stable is fucking dumb though.

Exactly, especially when we talk about consoles. We can't compare it to anything but R6: Vegas 1 & 2.

Edit: Rainbow Six: Vegas was 9 fucking years ago.

def sim

I don't think Siege is worth full price, but what I've played of it in the beta had surprising depth. It absolutely needs team work in its competitive mode, especially once people unlock classes with all sorts of funky abilities.

def sim

I enjoyed the Vegas games well enough, though those games were a departure as far as core Rainbow Six game play goes. I agree 3 and Black Arrow were the last tactical Rainbow Six games on console, however, sure.

The rainbow six: vegas games were some of the most fun I had during the 360 generation.

Man, shooters used to be so great.

I had no previous experience with the R6 games so I wasn't expecting super tactical stuff, I feel for people that didn't get what they wanted out of those games though.

Aww Arkham Knight bashing by Alex and Jeff :(. I really enjoyed that game.

Same. I even liked the Batmobile stuff. (For some reason I felt oddly good at it)

I got every single Riddler thing in Arkham Knight. I think that game does fanservice perfectly. I even hate (Arkham Knight Identity Spoilers)
Jason Todd
and this game made me care about their story.

I only liked the first game.

They decided to make the second game open world and I completely lost interest.

There's just something about how fucking perfect and tight that first game was designed. Fucking great.

No idea how anyone can say the second game is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom