• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Rogue Spear is better but 3 was the last time Rainbow was good on consoles.
Lockdown killed Rainbow Six. For me at least.

Lockdown was complete trash. The multiplayer community was really strong for Raven Shield (on PC, at least), and I arrived late-ish in 2005. All everyone wanted at the time was for Lockdown to build on all the things RvS and its predecessors got right, and what makes it still a brilliant game to play today. I've since put hundreds of hours into various call of duties, but nothing has matched the fun and community of rvs for me (which I probably played over 2000 hours of, all told).

I delved into my backup drives to find these videos I made around 2006 and upload them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HA0p7L-HDg&list=PLfqFd-RaONegNBk5ke7hSvIA5uCOWmV_w

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wow I almost forgot this discussion happened. Listening to day 2 of last years goty podcasts

vinny: "did you say vagina bomb?"

RE_Player

Wish they were doing a live stream for the Rainbow Six Siege launch. Would be fun to see the crew go against random people on launch day.

I'm glad Dan is with me in this weird pocket universe of guys who aren't into strip clubs (and the reaction from his girlfriend/family of "it's okay to love boobies!" was very familiar). I love boobs as much as Paul Ryckert but the whole concept of those places has always been super off-putting to me.

tuxfool

Banned
I'm glad Dan is with me in this weird pocket universe of guys who aren't into strip clubs (and the reaction from his girlfriend/family of "it's okay to love boobies!" was very familiar). I love boobs as much as Paul Ryckert but the whole concept of those places has always been super off-putting to me.

They're not off putting to me, just meh. But I think that is mostly the case with everyone.

I like naked ladies just fine but strip clubs are expensive, loud, and frequently underwhelming. I'm not put off by them as much as I just don't think they're a great way to spend time/money. I'd rather just go to a topless bar or something, I dunno

FStop7

Banned

They're fun with a mixed group of guys and girls. But there is like a whole "serious business" subset of people who go to strip clubs and treat them like a dining experience, rate them on Yelp, etc. That crowd sucks the fun out of everything.

BearPawB

Banned
I like naked ladies just fine but strip clubs are expensive, loud, and frequently underwhelming. I'm not put off by them as much as I just don't think they're a great way to spend time/money. I'd rather just go to a topless bar or something, I dunno

Yeah. For me it is a money thing.
It just isn't worth the money.

And the whole place just kinda makes me feel uncomfortable and uptight.

Heimbeck

Banned
No, he thought both Minerva and Shadow were pretty meh for how much praise they got during the deliberation.

I've been following Giant Bomb for a long time now, and sometimes I'm still suprised at how much I disagree with their tastes on certain games.
Like what the fuck Jeff?

FStop7

Banned
Yeah... Really bummed with Jeff and Alex's talk about Batman Arkham Knight.

Was it positive or negative?

It was a good game but nothing special. I mean it probably would have been a heavy GOTY favorite if it had come out in 2014. But against this year's competition it's pretty far behind.

Heimbeck

Banned
Was it positive or negative?

It was a good game but nothing special. I mean it probably have been a heavy GOTY favorite if it had come out in 2014. But against this year's competition it's pretty far behind.

Negative.
I liked it a lot though, maybe that's just because I liked the batmobile stuff way more than most people did though.

My friends took me to a strip club for my bachelor party and we had a lot of fun.

I haven't ever been back to one, though. They're fine, whatever.

If Jeff felt meh about both Minerva's Den and Shadow Broker, I'm curious what his gold standard for DLC is. Did he play Left Behind for The Last of Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom