• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The best part of Shadowbroker was reading Grunt's google searches on the computer at the end

daydream

Banned
If Jeff felt meh about both Minerva's Den and Shadow Broker, I'm curious what his gold standard for DLC is. Did he play Left Behind for The Last of Us?

my gold standard is stuff like the dlc in hyrule warriors, mario golf: world tour and mario kart 8 (so much bang for your buck) but also trials dlc, borderlands (select packs, ofc) or la noire. basically giving you more of something you already have a lot of, in case you want more

if dlc is crucial to the main game in some way, it should probably be part of the main game or provided for free later on

jaina

Yeah, I only "purchased" King's Quest on PS+. Don't have SSX nostalgia and Jason's Freedom Wars stream did not entice me either. As did the Gamespot / GB Gauntlet videos.

Is the new SSX really that bad?

my gold standard is stuff like the dlc in hyrule warriors, mario golf: world tour and mario kart 8 (so much bang for your buck) but also trials dlc, borderlands (select packs, ofc) or la noire. basically giving you more of something you already have a lot of, in case you want more

if dlc is crucial to the main game in some way, it should probably be part of the main game or provided for free later on

didn't realize you were jeff

also you forgot to mention Fallout 3/NV's DLC

RE_Player

I'm kind of with him on that too. But he also loves weird computer type stories which Overlord was so heavy on. Man, Mass Effect 2. Hmmm...... happy memories right now.
Remember when Mass Effect 2 came out and everyone was high on it and excited about any news or dlc released for it. Mass Effect 3 was just a bummer.

Zaph

If we don't get a Bradibuster for either 'Taken King is a game' or 'Mario Maker isn't a game', then christmas is ruined

Old World Blues is best DLC. Still say the characters in that DLC felt like they belonged in Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

For real. Probably tied with Point Lookout for my favorite Fallout DLC. I'm curious to see how Bethesda handles the DLC for Fallout 4; their stuff for Fallout 3 was utter shit at first but got better as they went on.

StoveOven

Banned
I'm not sure what Brad will fight for this year. Was there anything he was truly passionate about?

Assuming Jeff and Dan go against him, his big fight is going to be for MGS V over Mario Maker. If not he'll probably fight hard to get Dying Light on the list

killroy87

Assuming Jeff and Dan go against him, his big fight is going to be for MGS V over Mario Maker. If not he'll probably fight hard to get Dying Light on the list

I don't think he'll have to fight that hard to get it, but I could be wrong. A very strong case can be made for that game's quality.

I don't think he'll have to fight that hard to get it, but I could be wrong. A very strong case can be made for that game's quality.

Wasn't the rest of the crew pretty high on it as well? I know Brad's been the main proponent but I can't see anyone arguing against it too hard. I think it's a lock to at least make the top 10.

Goty is gonna be a knife and bat rumble.

cqvzC.gif

killroy87

Goty is gonna be a knife and bat rumble.

I dunno, the more time that passes, the more I move from camp MGS to camp Mario Maker. That game has had legs with them the way very, very few do. Jeff has nary a bad word to say about it, and the nitpicks he does have mostly just stem from wanting more of it.

This could all change once the conversation starts, and they begin reflecting on just how fucking good the gameplay in MGS is and how well it handles certain aspects of open worlds and emergent gameplay, but as of right now I really think Mario Maker has it.

This episode also has the part where Rorie goes H.A.M on everybody on Nintendo Land.

What? Timestamp?

Xater

Also on the topic of R6: Man does that game look barebones. Just as bad as Battlefront. Well at least they are not charging for maps I guess. What is it with this new breed of MP only shooters coming with so little content? Seriously, you can't just cut out campaigns and then still deliver less MP content than the newest COD or Halo. Not a good look at all.

killroy87

Also on the topic of R6: Man does that game look barebones. Just as bad as Battlefront. Well at least they are not charging for maps I guess. What is it with this new breed of MP only shooters coming with so little content? Seriously, you can't just cut out campaigns and then still deliver less MP content than the newest COD or Halo. Not a good look at all.

The problem is they all want to drum up the audience and staying power of a F2P/Moba/Hero game, but none of them actually want to be free (or incredibly cheap). It's actually comical to see all these games fail at this. Evolve was a solid core game, and could have worked well, but it should have been free and charged for the hunters.

daydream

Banned
who's gonna push for the mystery dungeon combo pack (etrian and pokemon)

i guess devil survivor 2: record breaker will take up most of the discussion, oh well

Xater

The problem is they all want to drum up the audience and staying power of a F2P/Moba/Hero game, but none of them actually want to be free (or incredibly cheap). It's actually comical to see all these games fail at this. Evolve was a solid core game, and could have worked well, but it should have been free and charged for the hunters.

Yeah if these games were free to play or at least half the asking price it would be fine. Like this it just seems unacceptable to me.

killroy87

Yeah if these games were free to play or at least half the asking price it would be fine. Like this it just seems unacceptable to me.

The funny part is, unless I'm forgetting something big (which is entirely possible), I don't think there are any examples of these full-priced multiplayer-centric FPS' that really thrived for a good long time on consoles. The idea hasn't even been proven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom