• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to go back further.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/arrow-pointing-down-podcast-beta/1600-20/

People think the current bombcast is too off topic? Go back and listen to some poorly recorded skype podcast from Jeff's ecco filled living room thats primarly a hour long review and discussion of Tiger Woods branded Gatorade

200.gif

I think on twitter he said it was top 5 for him.

really?

I played a lot of dying light and nothing about the game left even a tiny bit of an impression on me.

I do remember hating the night time stuff though. Wasn't even frustrating or anything, just stupid.

fake edit:

oh i also remember the story being forgetful (and maybe terrible? I forget)

LiK

Dying Light was great but i''m expecting Brad to put it only in his personal top 10 and not fight for it that hard in GOTY list unless someone backs him.

Heimbeck

Banned
really?

I played a lot of dying light and nothing about the game left even a tiny bit of an impression on me.

I do remember hating the night time stuff though. Wasn't even frustrating or anything, just stupid.

fake edit:

oh i also remember the story being forgetful (and maybe terrible? I forget)

Some people like it more than others for sure, but yeah I found the tweet and he said it's top 5 for him.
That was August though so it might not be top 5 anymore.

listening that 2008 Bombcast and just heard that both wanted to see Megaman in a smash bros game.

It finally happened many years later though it's too bad only one got to see it :/

Toparaman

Banned
Man, I'm reading up on undertale stuff and the implications of a
genocide run and also how even the order you play things affects your interactions and fuuuuck.

This game is pretty cool.

It's a cool game mechanically, but the writing is Earthbound: Tumblr Edition.

DS2's Airi? I don't know how she's in Record Breaker but if it's still the same I think she wins the prize.

I'll add to those Victoria Chase.

Yup.

She's essentially the same, though I didn't play the new expansion in Record Breaker yet. She's total best tsundere though with Kaz as her only competition.

yami4ct

IgGnvg3.png

Ahhhhh, and so it begins.

This has been happening as soon as Nomura said they wouldn't be a slavish adaptation, which was obvious since the beginning because that would be awful.

As someone who really disliked FF7, but sees the potential, I'm excited for this remake for exactly the reason the people who were begging for it are now nervous.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's a cool game mechanically, but the writing is Earthbound: Tumblr Edition.

I recognise that but I like that aspect of it.

Speaking of tumblr, while I knew what kind of fandom it'll have from the first time I saw toriel (not that I have a problem or care about it, you do you), I would never have guessed what two skeletons can do. Till now.

yami4ct

It had no beginning, it has no end. It is the Alpha and the Omega, the sum of all things.

These are the same people who complained about Crisis Core 'ruining' FF7, right? That game's story has problems, but I still think it was way more interesting than what FF7 pulled off. I also really dug what that game's battle system tried to do.

Speaking of tumblr, while I knew what kind of fandom it'll have from the first time I saw toriel (not that I have a problem or care about it, you do you), I would never have guessed what two skeletons can do. Till now.

All the Homestuck fans got fed up of waiting for the comic to be finished and latched on to the latest thing with some Homestuck DNA in it instead.

nah, you want a shitty fandom, you check out the life is strange fandom. i went to that subreddit once. the top four posts were fanart of chloe and max making out.

Edit: the undertale writing definitely attracts a certain type of person but that doesn't make the game any less charming or funny, imo. the whole game is definitely fandom bait but it's still wonderful.

Toparaman

Banned

I hear you. If anything I'm interested in seeing Undertale's ideas incorporated into other JRPG-style games.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This has been happening as soon as Nomura said they wouldn't be a slavish adaptation, which was obvious since the beginning because that would be awful.

As someone who really disliked FF7, but sees the potential, I'm excited for this remake for exactly the reason the people who were begging for it are now nervous.

Exactly. The thing that I want most from whatever that remake ends up being, is for the resulting game to be GOOD. If they simply re-do everything from the original it will end up being a horrible failure, gaming in 2015 simply doesn't work the way it did in 1997. That said, I want most of all to watch the internet tear itself apart while every change is analyzed to death.

It would be smartest of them to say nothing about that game again until E3 three-four years from now when they do what Fallout 4 did and give you everything including a release date of later that year or whatever.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'd prefer a slavish adaptation of FFVII over what the current FF teams are putting out.

The problem is you can't do that if you make the game look and behave like a modern videogame.

obyntH.png

Thinking about it more, I don't think he'll ever love or like this game since it won't be his thing especially since he's all about the fast based shooting that of Titanfall, COD:AW.etc

In this one it's all about being slow, methodical and communicating constantly with your teammates to stay alive for as long as possible.

yami4ct

Exactly. The thing that I want most from whatever that remake ends up being, is for the resulting game to be GOOD. If they simply re-do everything from the original it will end up being a horrible failure, gaming in 2015 simply doesn't work the way it did in 1997. That said, I want most of all to watch the internet tear itself apart while every change is analyzed to death.

It would be smartest of them to say nothing about that game again until E3 three-four years from now when they do what Fallout 4 did and give you everything including a release date of later that year or whatever.

Yep. The game that some people want, exactly FF7 with advanced 3D graphics, cannot exist for so many reasons. And that's cool. I'll be interested to see what they do with it. If it's an action game, that's cool as long as it's a good one. There are cool things you could do with it being turn based as well. I'm probably one of the few people that would really dig a FF XIII derived battle system.

As long as they completely overhaul the awful materia system, I'm cool with whatever other gameplay tweaks they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom