• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man it is so hard for me to keep track of who's voice is who's during podcasts this big. For some reason I often mixup Vinny, Alex, and Austin's voices, even though they're totally distinct

Strax

Man it is so hard for me to keep track of who's voice is who's during podcasts this big. For some reason I often mixup Vinny, Alex, and Austin's voices, even though they're totally distinct

My girlfriend says she can understand how I can keep up because she thinks they all sound the same.

I had this problem with my brother my brother and me when I first started listening to it. Absolutely could not tell the difference between justin and travis, despite having listened to justin for years on the joystiq podcast.

valeo

Pretty distinctive for me; though I've been listening for a while. If this was somebodies first bombcast then jesus.

Myggen

Oh yeah, I have no problems hearing who's who on the Bombcast. But yeah, an episode like this must just be chaos for someone listening for the first time :p

Joeku

Try MBMBaM. Two of the three brothers have almost the same fucking voice. Took me a dozen episodes to be able to tell them apart.

OkayRene

Story time…

I noticed a year ago, that Giant Bomb had slowed down the Bombcast intro music. 'They must be getting the itch to change things up over there,' I thought to myself and went on about my business. No big deal.

Fast forward a year later to tonight, I'm in the process of trying out the Bombcast in a new podcast app when I noticed something was off.

The intro song was now sped up again except now everyone is talking super fast. And with the 8-person ensemble cast, my brain was having trouble keeping up.

I pause the app convinced its broken. Return to my old podcast app when I make a very unfortunate discovery.

It turns out I must've accidentally set my Podcast app set to 0.75x speed for the last year.

Using some rough math, that means it takes me 4 hours to listen to a 3 hour Bombcast. Assuming an average of a 3 hour weekly podcast. It means I've been losing 1 hour each week, for the last year. That's about 2 days. On just the Bombcast! Things get even more depressing when you factor in the other 2-3 podcasts I listen to.

The part I can't reconcile is how I noticed the slow intro song, but not the slower speaking voices. And even further, why watching things like UPF never felt off.

I'm in a total state of shock over here now realizing I've been living my life at the wrong speed for the last year.

Story time…

I noticed a year ago, that Giant Bomb had slowed down the Bombcast intro music. 'They must be getting the itch to change things up over there,' I thought to myself and went on about my business. No big deal.

Fast forward a year later to tonight, I'm in the process of trying out the Bombcast in a new podcast app when I noticed something was off.

The intro song was now sped up again except now everyone is talking super fast. And with the 8-person ensemble cast, my brain was having trouble keeping up.

I pause the app convinced its broken. Return to my old podcast app when I make a very unfortunate discovery.

It turns out I must've accidentally set my Podcast app set to 0.75x speed for the last year.

Using some rough math, that means it takes me 4 hours to listen to a 3 hour Bombcast. Assuming an average of a 3 hour weekly podcast. It means I've been losing 1 hour each week, for the last year. That's about 2 days. On just the Bombcast! Things get even more depressing when you factor in the other 2-3 podcasts I listen to.

The part I can't reconcile is how I noticed the slow intro song, but not the slower speaking voices. And even further, why watching things like UPF never felt off.

I'm in a total state of shock over here now realizing I've been living my life at the wrong speed for the last year.

Unless you sit in a dark room do nothing else while listening to the bombcast, I'd call that a plus. You got even more weekly entertainment!

Best New Character: Railway Rifle. Holy fuck is that satisfying to use.

Spray and Pray is the best weapon in fallout 4. Submachine gun with exploding bullets. you literally just hipfire in the general area of a few raiders and hear them scream and watch them blow into pieces. rejuvenated my love for that game.

AcridMeat

Banned
Best New Character: Railway Rifle. Holy fuck is that satisfying to use.
It is very very satisfying, yes. And I had an inventory full of fully upgraded guns of every ammo type.
Spray and Pray is the best weapon in fallout 4. Submachine gun with exploding bullets. you literally just hipfire in the general area of a few raiders and hear them scream and watch them blow into pieces. rejuvenated my love for that game.
I liked the exploding bullets minigun I had for the same reason. It was for when I was sick of strafing around or hiding behind things.

If I really wanted to fuck shit up, I'd bust out my "wounding" fat man indoors and destroy everyone, including myself.

Alfredo

Lighting Returns was giantbomb gaf favorite Ian's goty.

Lightning Returns was awesome.

I say this as someone who never finished FFXIII and never even took a glance at FFXIII-2. I just ignored the main story and goofed around in this weird Dead Rising JRPG with neato combat.

The game ran like poop, though. I'm looking forward to seeing it at 60 FPS on PC.

chrixter

Story time…

I listen to most of my podcasts at 1.3x speed which obviously makes people speak noticeably faster, but not inhumanly so. I'm mostly unaware that I'm even listening at a faster speed. So I can see how you might not have noticed listening at a roughly similar % change in the other direction.

But I have to listen to the Bombcast at normal speed because I found that when I changed the speed, I wasn't really laughing at much of anything anymore. My guess is that it altered their comedic timing and delivery too much for it to be effective on me. Curious if listening at a slower speed affected your experience in a similar way.

sorry guys i dont think itll happen

0yuqtms.gif

danm999

I never realized I wanted to roleplay in a Fallout game as a low intelligence trailer trash character from Shreveport but now I do.

Myggen

Hip hop podcast with Jeff and Austin. Make it happen!

Jeff's idea of a Cher album with ODB samples is the funniest shit I've heard in weeks.

Bacon

Bethesda must be aware of how revered FNV has become over the years with the rpg crowd. They should really capitalize on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom