• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Hey all, I've asked this before, and still haven't been able to find the segment I'm looking for so I'll try again.

Does anyone remember a conversation on the Bombcast regarding the Wii U (this would have been right around the launch of the console), where Jeff was going on a rant about Nintendo's backwards way of doing things? He was talking specifically about the Wii U's online system (I believe), and how at some point in the future there will be "the one", an employee at Nintendo who will look at all their silly habits for what they are and fix them, but this person is only just now being born.

It was a very specific convo, but fuck it made me laugh, and I can't remember which Bombcast it was on.

Any ideas?

killroy87

Austin and Jeff could be a great combination. Then again, I'd love to see more cross-coast pairings in general

Austin and Jeff

Alex and Drew

Vinny and Dan

Austin and Brad

They could all be great.

Austin and Brad I could see gelling much more than him and Jeff. Austin and Jeff's senses of humor don't seem to line up much at all.

Austin and Brad I could see gelling much more than him and Jeff. Austin and Jeff's senses of humor don't seem to line up much at all.

I think they line up pretty well. Both love hip hop and love to hate wrestling as well as loving cyberpunk. They probably have more in common than most.

How was today's mixlr? As good as yesterday?
Ongoing! (the bad traffic has returned)
definitely top 5 bombcast moment right there
Any excuse for me to link it again!

Hey all, I've asked this before, and still haven't been able to find the segment I'm looking for so I'll try again.

Does anyone remember a conversation on the Bombcast regarding the Wii U (this would have been right around the launch of the console), where Jeff was going on a rant about Nintendo's backwards way of doing things? He was talking specifically about the Wii U's online system (I believe), and how at some point in the future there will be "the one", an employee at Nintendo who will look at all their silly habits for what they are and fix them, but this person is only just now being born.

It was a very specific convo, but fuck it made me laugh, and I can't remember which Bombcast it was on.

Any ideas?
I'm sorry, you'll have to be more specific.

(j/k...I don't recall)

popo

who mumbles "oh, fuck you" after Dan says Taco Bell is better than the Mission? I rewound it a few times but I can't really tell.

Rainmaker

Banned
Does anyone else get the feeling that Jeff and Austin would be best buds if they worked on the same coast?

Yes! I do. Anytime they interact on Twitter or the few times they've talked to each other on the site I think this. If they did a QL together everyone would know they have the true best chemistry.

I hope they dont dig too deep in the GOTY discussion in regards to the witcher 3. I'm a good 16-18 hours in and i'm just wrapping up the last loose end in the Bloody Baron quest. It's a hell of a game but i don't know if I'll be done with it before the gotycasts.

I finished Tales of the Borderlands (fantastic!) and i'm hoping to finish up TW3 so i can quickly sneak in Undertale before the end of the year. Trying to cover my spoiler bases before this shit get real.

Spaghetti

Austin and Jeff could be a great combination. Then again, I'd love to see more cross-coast pairings in general

Austin and Jeff

Alex and Drew

Vinny and Dan

Austin and Brad

They could all be great.
austin is a giant bomb chameleon, i think he can fit in with any of them. dude also has a great laugh.

so does alex but only on video when he goes insanely wide eyed like he's surprised his body could even feel joy anymore.

I hope they dont dig too deep in the GOTY discussion in regards to the witcher 3. I'm a good 16-18 hours in and i'm just wrapping up the last loose end in the Bloody Baron. It's a hell of a game but i don't know if I'll be done with it before the gotycasts.

I finished Tales of the Borderlands (fantastic!) and i'm hoping to finish up TW3 so i can quickly sneak in Undertale before the end of the year. Trying to cover my spoiler bases before this shit get real.

If you're almost past the bloody baron then you're already further than most of the staff.

Zaph

I hope they dont dig too deep in the GOTY discussion in regards to the witcher 3. I'm a good 16-18 hours in and i'm just wrapping up the last loose end in the Bloody Baron. It's a hell of a game but i don't know if I'll be done with it before the gotycasts.

Trying to get all the 'spoilery' games completed before GOTY discussions is like an annual struggle I always fail.

Speaking of which - how is SOMA? Is it one of those jump scare games that will put me constantly on edge while I play it? Setting looks great but I can't deal with those horror games.

If you're almost past the bloody baron then you're already further than most of the staff.

shit, really? I mean that quest is surprisingly long (i thought it was almost over where they left off on the quick look) and goes to a bunch of different places, even required that I finish another quest just to advance where I stood on Bloody Baron stuff.

If they really havent gone farther than that then they havent really played the game. meh.

Trying to get all the 'spoilery' games completed before GOTY discussions is like an annual struggle I always fail.

Speaking of which - how is SOMA? Is it one of those jump scare games that will put me constantly on edge while I play it? Setting looks great but I can't deal with those horror games.

Soma is just going to have to be one of those games that I eat it on, like what happened with Dragon's Dogma a few years back. Or maybe I'll fast forward past that discussion. I really want to check it out but i'm a frugal ass gamer, I'll wait till it's $10 or less before jumping in

Not at all. It's got some unsettling parts for sure but it's not a jump scare factory or anything. The story is absolutely the best part of that game.

popo

shit, really? I mean that quest is surprisingly long (i thought it was almost over where they left off on the quick look) and goes to a bunch of different places, even required that I finish another quest just to advance where I stood on Bloody Baron stuff.

If they really havent gone farther than that then they havent really played the game. meh.

Jason, Brad and Dan are all way past that. Alex might be around there. The rest are still in tutorial mode.

The problem is that for GOTY - assuming Witcher comes up in best story discussions - the people who have not cared enough to play it usually invite the ones who have to spoil it. I would expect them to talk mainly about the BB quest though as it is the only one the press seem to talk about in any detail. To be fair it is the most relatable quest if you are not in to the Witcher fiction.

Jason, Brad and Dan are all way past that. Alex might be around there. The rest are still in tutorial mode.

The problem is that for GOTY - assuming Witcher comes up in best story discussions - the people who have not cared enough to play it usually invite the ones who have to spoil it. I would expect them to talk mainly about the BB quest though as it is the only one the press seem to talk about in any detail. To be fair it is the most relatable quest if you are not in to the Witcher fiction.

It's not even my favorite quest I've played up until now. The whole Friends with Benefits quest line with the Tower of Mice was much more intriguing. Just found it to be better paced and always enjoy watching Geralt interact with sorceresses in the witcher games.

popo

So I would expect them to finish GOTY podcasts today. If Alex was not exaggerating about how long they recorded yesterday then they should at least be up to the main category.

Watch out for the cliched "white smoke" tweets.

It's not even my favorite quest I've played up until now. The whole Friends with Benefits quest line with the Tower of Mice was much more intriguing. Just found it to be better paced and always enjoy watching Geralt interact with sorceresses in the witcher games.

The number of great quests in that game is so ridiculously high that I had forgotten that whole Tower of Mice questline even exists.

Also the people who were saying Dan was "close to the end" were pretty misleading. There's still kind of a lot of stuff left to do after Ugly Baby.

Bethesda must be aware of how revered FNV has become over the years with the rpg crowd. They should really capitalize on it.

I'm sure Bethesda is aware that a vocal minority prefer New Vegas over 3. They are also aware New Vegas sold less and reviewed lower than either of its Fallout. I'm not sure they would capitalize on New Vegas' niche popularity even if they wanted to.

I hope they dont dig too deep in the GOTY discussion in regards to the witcher 3. I'm a good 16-18 hours in and i'm just wrapping up the last loose end in the Bloody Baron quest. It's a hell of a game but i don't know if I'll be done with it before the gotycasts.

This is bothering me greatly. I started Life is Strange a few days ago and I almost got it spoiled on Cracked.com today. I know that if the game comes up, they will spoil it. Life is Strange probably the only unfinished game I'm worried about but there will probably be others.

Lunar FC

Late to the last beastcast here. Buy seriously wtf is up with parents wanting to force their kids into playing the games they grew up with. God damn terrible parenting. Going to be so many sad kids.

It's tense but that comes from the atmosphere rather than it throwing constant jump scares at you, I don't actually recall any jump scares.

I hope they don't spoil Yakuza 5 :(

dlZfxbU.gif

Dan is definitely way past that but I think that Jason and Brad both stopped around Novigrad. Either way it's not like there's much risk of spoilers for Witcher 3.

bjork

That was a super fun podcast, it made work go by way quicker.

Now I'm watching Miner 2049er and I'll be damned. Colors and hud elements aside, it looks basically the same as the C64 one.

GavinGT

Banned
Wait, are we gonna get a Beastcast this week? The Bombcast hasn't missed an episode yet, so they should really carry on that tradition. And of course they should rope in the GB West crew for it too.

Dineren

Banned
Wait, are we gonna get a Beastcast this week? The Bombcast hasn't missed an episode yet, so they should really carry on that tradition. And of course they should rope in the GB West crew for it too.

Yep, I believe they already confirmed Jeff will be on it too.

def sim

I recall someone saying earlier that there will be a beastcast this week and Jeff Gerstmann will be a guest.

Late to the last beastcast here. Buy seriously wtf is up with parents wanting to force their kids into playing the games they grew up with. God damn terrible parenting. Going to be so many sad kids.

It is sad and lazy. Just employ reverse psychology. Lock all your nerd bunkum in a room, leave a bowl of hunkadunk open in the living room, set that kid straight for life.

William

Danny and the Lobby team did a cool little look round the set at the end of their last Lobby on the current/old set - I liked it! Youtube link - I like Danny on The lobby, but if you dont want to watch the whole show the fun final bit is at the end starts at about 50 minutes

Tubobutts

Wish there was a way to skip cutscenes in NBA 2K16. This shit is duuumb.

Scratch that. Suddenly, I'm able to.

They should let you skip the entire first year after you do it once. I kind of wanted to start a new one as a PF but I don't want to have to play through all that stuff again.

Xater

I'm just gonna tell my kids how everything they like is shit and how everything was better in the past. You know, like you are supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom