• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was listening to today's episode of Podcast Beyond and they started talking about The Game Awards and PSX and how they already know some cool things. They nearly slipped up with something regarding The Game Awards, though. They mentioned that a new Mortal Kombat X character was being revealed there (I think this was already known), but nearly slipped up by coming close to saying who the character was. I forget what they said exactly, but I have a theory as to who it is. Remember months* ago Keifer Sutherland said he was in MKX? I bet the reveal is Big Boss is the newest MKX character. It's already confirmed Sutherland will be there.

*It was actually way back in very early 2014 when this was reported. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/22/24-star-kiefer-sutherland-involved-in-mortal-kombat-game

That would be my first thought as well, but it doesn't really fit the horror theme of the guest characters.

def sim

Nah Piston figured it out even if he was kidding. The new character is totally David from Lost Boys.

WB character for a WB game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MK X's new characters will be a disappointment if it's anyone else
f09f38ee6a6fb1f7718ab78190fd400c.jpg

jgminto

Played some Dark Forces after the Bombastica, that game is neat. When you turn on the Power Generator in the second level, I wasn't expecting all the lights and other electronics to turn on. That's a nice touch for a shooter of that era.

Teddified

Having a pretty great time with
AC
Syndicate. Loving the zip-line stuff, it's gonna be weird next year if/when they take it out. It being in this game is pushing it time wise so if they end up going backwards in time again it'll definitely be out unless some precursor artifact does the same thing.

Also I have a pet peeve when people refer to the precursors as Ancient Aliens, from what I recall there is no proof they are Aliens. All we know is that it's just a precursor race that created humans.

Joeku

Firstly, putting Lucha Underground wrestlers in Mortal Kombat would be amazing. They would fit far better in a fighting game than WWE wrestlers would, like that mobile game. There's an air of unreality to them.

Secondly, Jack Bauer is a torturer. That would almost make more sense than Venom Snake.

Thirdly, I'd much rather if Keifer Sutherland is in the game playing himself. As a fatality he jumps on people like a Christmas Tree and they just fall over and fucking explode.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have timestamps for ad breaks in the newest Bombcast? I'm listening to the premium version because I use my regular feed for listening to older bombacsts in a reverse chronological order.

Teddified

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have timestamps for ad breaks in the newest Bombcast? I'm listening to the premium version because I use my regular feed for listening to older bombacsts in a reverse chronological order.

From the Bombcast thread.

Timestamps for the normal podcast

00:00:23 - Podcast starts (Barely controlled chaos)
00:04:00 - Beastcoast (and Dan for no reason) introduce themselves (random ass bullshit)
00:16:00 - Drew bought a PS4 and played Rocket League
00:21:39 - Black Friday talk
00:29:23 - Just Cause 3 talk
01:02:26 - Small Business Man returns with a Mattress ad
01:05:31 - Stree Overlord (the drug) Breaking news
01:08:30 - Drew played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
01:11:10 - Rise of the Tomb Raider talk
01:24:32 - Noby Noby Boy talk
01:25:20 - Lara Croft Go talk
01:25:37 - Jeff played more Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 (Skate or Die, 720)
01:31:22 - Wu Tang Clan talk
01:36:54 - Fallout 4 talk
01:44:27 - Small Business Man returns with a Squarespace ad
01:45:37 - THE NEWS, starting with Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Controversy
02:01:12 - Final Fantasy VII remake talk
02:02:52 - Vivendi buying more Ubisoft shares
02:09:17 - Vinny and Jeff and Chip rips
02:10:08 - Metal Gear Solid V secret ending talk
02:15:02 - NX getting manufactured in Q1 2016
02:20:14 - Small Business Man returns with Secret Hitler Kickstarter ad
02:22:43 - Emails?...From a year ago
03:30:20 - What's happening this week at Giantbomb? Nothing

AcridMeat

Banned
Man, I randomly had the Bit Trip Runner 2 soundtrack come on while I was playing some Rocket League tonight and it reminded me just how great it is. Does anyone else here have the same sort of affinity for those games and/or soundtracks?

Example

Example 2
Giant Bomb 19: Are there any better or worse Community threads?
I really like this haha. That email was great.

yami4ct

Just finished Tales from the Borderlands. Fucking incredible. Most TellTale games leave me cold after the finale, but this delivered on all fronts. Easily TT's best work by a mile. I was down on them, but excited to see they have writing staff that can really pull it off.

I kind of wanted a Wolf Among Us Season 2, but I really, really want a TftB Season 2. It's one of the few of their franchises now that I'd be willing to just blind buy a season at the start.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hell yeah TftB hype! Glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as I did, had similar thoughts coming out of it.

Anyone know which episode of the Bombcast it was that had "Hook my mouth up to that dog's ass!"? I was reminded of it tonight and that was the hardest I'd ever laughed at the podcast in public. Would love to relive the build up to it.

Joeku

Hell yeah TftB hype! Glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as I did, had similar thoughts coming out of it.

Anyone know which episode of the Bombcast it was that had "Hook my mouth up to that dog's ass!"? I was reminded of it tonight and that was the hardest I'd ever laughed at the podcast in public. Would love to relive the build up to it.

I honestly can't remember (beyond vaguely 2012-2013?) but I think that may be the single greatest sentence to come out of Jeff Gerstmann's mouth.

kiguel182

I'm bummed they can't talk over The Game Awards and PlayStation thing because of the lack of studio. I'm not looking forward to watch conferences without their commentary.

Bowlie

Banned

Giant Bombcast 07-26-2011, at 2:34:10.
But that "would you choose a teleporting cat with the secret of immortality or a Gilbert Gottfried-voiced racist dog" question, which follows up to Jeff's sentence, comes at 2:25:40.

(I woke up 1 hour early)

I'm bummed they can't talk over The Game Awards and PlayStation thing because of the lack of studio. I'm not looking forward to watch conferences without their commentary.

They wouldn't have talked over the Game Awards anyway according to Jeff, and since some of them (at least Jeff?) are going to PSX I doubt they'd have done that either.

Spaghetti

the lack of direction is not the issue with disc 1, the issue with disc 1 is it has a single direction and thats to let every single citzen of ryos town give him the runaround for an hour and a half. "Oh i dont know, have you tried talking to X?" gets old after like the third person. Its a dull inelegant way to set the stage and introduce the cast, especially when you can barely do anything with a chunk of them after the fact.
you kind of have a point, as that's pretty much the game up until the ending of the first disk where shit starts to pick up the pace, but some people don't even get that far because of the reason i mentioned.

then again, that opening part has a lot of branching quest paths that can all remain active until you reach the conclusion, which may explain the runaround you experienced. you can usually get halfway through the first disk within the first in-game day if you follow up the threads correctly.

Rlan

Was re-listening to the Giant Bomb 2011 "This Year" podcasts today, was reminded of the crazy Zojirushi Thermos stuff that went on back then. Hell, i bought one and still use it today for my daily Coffee.

Wonder if the Bomb Crew still use theirs, or if Zojirushi should do a sponsorship now that it's actually a thing.

The Beastcast this week should have exactly the same lineup as the Bombcast, but everyone must adopt a more "Beastcast style" when talking about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom