• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

I don't think so. I think they have spent the last two days just recording the podcasts.

Yeah, I think they finished podcasting and now they have a mere two days to film everything they need to film. Jeff was doubtful that they will be able to get done everything that they want to, but we'll see. Post-production and editing will come in the following weeks, so maybe they'll get lucky and complete their grand vision by friday.

Myggen

Yeah, I think they finished podcasting and now they have a mere two days to film everything they need to film. Jeff was doubtful that they will be able to get done everything that they want to, but we'll see. Post-production and editing will come in the following weeks, so maybe they'll get lucky and complete their grand vision by friday.

Where's my "white smoke" tweet?!

strafer

t1449194400z1.png

That will be when I sleep.

Oh well

Quentyn

Did vape culture appear in games yet? That totally seems like a GTA thing to have a annoying side character in the game who is a vaper.

Also Watch Dogs 2. If the main character isn't a vaper one of the other characters totally will be. Ubisoft has to stay hip with the kids.

I'm loving all the Bombasticas lately. I should be satisfied that Brad finally played Dark Forces on the site, but I would still have loved a Breaking Brad.

wonder if we get a free game or two from PSX this year. Last year, they gave out PvZ Garden Warfare on the PS4 (fantastic) and NFS Most Wanted on the Vita (not a good port).

Man, PvZ:GW sure was better than it should've been

repeater

wonder if we get a free game or two from PSX this year. Last year, they gave out PvZ Garden Warfare on the PS4 (fantastic) and NFS Most Wanted on the Vita (not a good port).
I think that was just a coincidence since EA were celebrating some kind of anniversary. It didn't have anything in particular to do with PSX except that it provided them with a big stage to mention it on.
So I don't think you should expect anything of that sort to be happening this year.

I think that was just a coincidence since EA were celebrating some kind of anniversary. It didn't have anything in particular to do with PSX except that it provided them with a big stage to mention it on.
So I don't think you should expect anything of that sort to be happening this year.

I wouldn't be shocked at at least one free game and/or a flash sale of some sort to go along with PSX. I have a hunch, and these hunches are almost always 50% on the money

repeater

I wouldn't be shocked at at least one free game and/or a flash sale of some sort to go along with PSX. I have a hunch, and these hunches are almost always 50% on the money
I wouldn't be shocked, for sure. Who knows what will happen? I'm just saying I wouldn't go into the thing expecting any free games or anything like that on the basis of last year's EA giveaways. That just seems to me like setting oneself up for disappointment. :)

repeater

FF7 PC port
"This summer at E3, we were awestruck by the response to our announcement of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, rebuilt from the ground up for a new generation and releasing first on Playstation 4. And of course, for many gamers, Playstation and Final Fantasy 7 are nearly synonymous. So it didn't feel right to us to charge for something which, in a sense.. belongs to the players. Therefore, I am happy to announce here at the Playstation Experience that we will be giving away, to all Playstation 4 players... for free... on the day of release... the Final Fantasy 7... PC REMASTER!"

c3Hdzta.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who would've expected F1 2015 to be Giant Bomb's game of the year? Maybe they should've checked Drew for weapons before they locked that podcast door, though.

It doesn't help that they had Trent Reznor do the soundtrack for Q1. You could only go downhill from there.
I bought Quake on Steam and it doesn't have the soundtrack...
Apparently the game just played the audio straight from the CD, which was an actual audio CD, and the files were never part of the actual game.

Apparently the game just played the audio straight from the CD, which was an actual audio CD, and the files were never part of the actual game.

that's what a lot of games did back then. It's not a technical issue, it's an issue with relicensing the music.

You can mod the music back into the game, I haven't done it myself because I never was hot for quake but I would recommend looking into it.

Yup. in my crazy Quake playing days, I definitely just popped that cd in the player on multiple occasions.

it's pretty easy to get the soundtrack back via multiple means though.

well, "easy"

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Who would've expected F1 2015 to be Giant Bomb's game of the year? Maybe they should've checked Drew for weapons before they locked that podcast door, though.

I forgot to mention in that video that the Steam version doesn't have the music, which is a crime (although the GOG version supposedly does?).

Google for Ultimate Quake II patch and you'll get a package that has .ogg versions of the music that works with the Steam version, although it also forces you to use a sourceport with different UI and more modern graphical effects, so you aren't getting a totally pure experience.

I actually fished my original Q2 CD out of my fuckoff huge CaseLogic CD binder in the closet and threw it in the drive, and was pretty impressed that the Steam version just picked it up and played all the music like it should with no tweaking required. The Carmack difference.

SomberOwl

Man, PvZ:GW sure was better than it should've been

Hell yeah it was. I'm actually super excited for PvZ:GW 2 in a few months. Apparently your characters can carry over too which is awesome.

killroy87

Hell yeah it was. I'm actually super excited for PvZ:GW 2 in a few months. Apparently your characters can carry over too which is awesome.

Garden Warfare was a very solid game. I'm a bit wary by them making this one full price, I hope the content is enough to fall in line with it. That said, the original had a very good value proposition for a budget game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom