• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

I forgot to mention in that video that the Steam version doesn't have the music, which is a crime (although the GOG version supposedly does?).

Google for Ultimate Quake II patch and you'll get a package that has .ogg versions of the music that works with the Steam version, although it also forces you to use a sourceport with different UI and more modern graphical effects, so you aren't getting a totally pure experience.

I actually fished my original Q2 CD out of my fuckoff huge CaseLogic CD binder in the closet and threw it in the drive, and was pretty impressed that the Steam version just picked it up and played all the music like it should with no tweaking required. The Carmack difference.
I get why that would work, but I'm still kind of stunned that it does. Crazy.

hamchan

Enjoyed Brad's Dark Forces bombastica. I remember playing that when I was 8 years old. Mostly just ran around in circles lost in the first level.

Wouldn't mind seeing an X-Wing or Tie Fighter Bombastica.

I actually fished my original Q2 CD out of my fuckoff huge CaseLogic CD binder in the closet and threw it in the drive, and was pretty impressed that the Steam version just picked it up and played all the music like it should with no tweaking required. The Carmack difference.

Nice!

LiK

I forgot to mention in that video that the Steam version doesn't have the music, which is a crime (although the GOG version supposedly does?).

Google for Ultimate Quake II patch and you'll get a package that has .ogg versions of the music that works with the Steam version, although it also forces you to use a sourceport with different UI and more modern graphical effects, so you aren't getting a totally pure experience.

no music? wth?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoyed Brad's Dark Forces bombastica. I remember playing that when I was 8 years old. Mostly just ran around in circles lost in the first level.

Wouldn't mind seeing an X-Wing or Tie Fighter Bombastica.

I think people have been expressing interest in seeing those games in a Bombastica for a long time. The issue is that no one (except Drew and Vinny) have Joysticks anymore. Back in the day, I remember everyone with a PC had ye olde Microsoft Sidewinder for either Flight Simulator or Mechwarrior 2, or whatever other sim game needed a joystick. So then playing TIE Fighter was much easier because honestly playing that without a joystick is probably a crime.

That said I would really love to see TIE Fighter (aka the best one) played in some form.

Why do the crew hate joysticks? I'm obviously biased with my Thrustmaster Warthog/pedal set but they're so much fun to use with the games they're made for.

Wait, you still have a optical drive in your computer?

Man, the load times on consoles are worse than I ever imagined.

I still make use of DVDs and Blu-Ray in my computer, so maybe you guys don't I guess? Sometimes I burn home movies for family members who don't have computers but have DVD players. I also still have a use for physical installers, these days especially.

Yeah obviously some people have use for an optical drive, it's just not something I've missed at all. My laptop has one but I've disabled it from BIOS since it makes an awful noise every time I boot/wake the thing up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You are welcome to come watch X-Files and eat pizza/Taco Bell/Torchy's with me.

That lamb taco this month is the one thing looking to comfort me. I'm saving it for when I officially have no job. I'm going to have to study up on taco technique so I can successfully eat it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom