• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Totally forgot that tonight is TGA. Hopefully we see some Legend of Dragoon and .hack and Suikoden and Shadow Hearts and other long-absent JRPGs. Don't let me down, Keighley.

Myggen

I follow a lot of GB communities because I'm one of those kind of fans, and it's strange how Gaming on GAF is the only place where I see threads about a GB podcast so often get derailed by people complaining about Austin being "pretentious" or whatever. I so rarely see that anymore on the subreddit, on the forum etc. It's weird.

I follow a lot of GB communities because I'm one of those kind of fans, and it's strange how Gaming on GAF is the only place where I see threads about a GB podcast so often get derailed by people complaining about Austin being "pretentious" or whatever. I so rarely see that anymore on the subreddit, on the forum etc. It's weird.

Yeeeah, but places like the subreddit are so low-population that those naysayers get singled out. Gaf has enough users that the Austin-haters can band together a bit.

tuxfool

Banned
the GB subreddit is surprisingly chill

mainly because it's the same lot of GB/GAF forum users i think
Most places are. Personally whenever I see people here complain about the GB forums, I think that a lot of people are making a storm in a teacup.

Any bad actors are vastly in the minority.

The subreddit has been getting a lot more active the last few months. Exciting times.

I guess you're right! It's trending up and recently entered the top 5k subs.

that trailer basically spoils what i assume to be most of the movie AND makes it look kind of shitty in the process

A++ fucking job

I'm glad I hadn't seen it yet, because this seems to be the consensus. Not that a care a whole lot about the movie, but still. I kind of envy Rorie in that he hasn't seen anything for Force Awakens.

jaina

I still make use of DVDs and Blu-Ray in my computer, so maybe you guys don't I guess? Sometimes I burn home movies for family members who don't have computers but have DVD players. I also still have a use for physical installers, these days especially.
I have an internal DVD-drive somewhere in a box which I combine with an IDE/SATA<->USB connector (originally bought for accessing my old internal HDDs). in the few cases where I need a drive on my desktop or laptop.
Obviously would still need one in your situation.

:(
But thanks for supporting the cultural exchange with other GB communities :)

Zaph

that trailer basically spoils what i assume to be most of the movie AND makes it look kind of shitty in the process

A++ fucking job

It truly is a master-class in how not to make a trailer.

Then again, there probably isn't a lot fo work with when you're making 'Quick, Set Up This Entire Universe in One Movie: The Movie'

well, they didn't even bothering replacing it something else? that was my point.

have you heard the quake soundtracks? you dont just replace them, you leave the hooks in there for good people to put the original soundtracks right back in there.

plus that costs money and clearly this wasn't a grand effort on id's part

justjim89

For the record, I'm not into any comic book stuff, Marvel or DC. Avengers 1 was neat, Captain America 1 was good, Batmans were all good but in decreasing quality, and Superman is always dumb. But I enjoyed the trailer because it basically gives the whole movie away. I was never gonna see it anyway, at least this saves me the trouble of looking up the plot on Wikipedia on a whim 18 months from now at 3AM.

Nerd culture, brah! Batman! youtube! video games! Back to the future! Star Wars! Hype train! hype train!

I understand getting excited about things that actually look great, but this doesn't even look good! But it's out of control for things that actually look competent, too. Do you really need to buy all this Force Awakens shit before you know if you even like the movie, everyone who indulged in Force Friday?

he's a professional fanboy

I said something like that in the podcast beyond thread, and people got really mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom