• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I thought this was the Giant Bomb thread, not the Cry About a Single Innocuous Post in a Thread on the Other Side of the Forum I Had to Spend 5 Minutes Looking For thread

If we didn't complain about the rest of GAF, this thread would be dead half the time.

So, has there been any talk about a UPF replacement for tomorrow since there is no studio to do it in? It will be a shame not to have something considering all of them are in the office. Last year's end of year UPF was so awesome!

yami4ct

So, has there been any talk about a UPF replacement for tomorrow since there is no studio to do it in? It will be a shame not to have something considering all of them are in the office. Last year's end of year UPF was so awesome!

No talk I've seen yet, but don't expect it. There is no way for them to do it outside of maybe Periscope and even then they probably don't have the setup to actually put that on site. Also sounds like tomorrow might finally actually be moving day, so they'll probably be busy.

No talk I've seen yet, but don't expect it. There is no way for them to do it outside of maybe Periscope and even then they probably don't have the setup to actually put that on site. Also sounds like tomorrow might finally actually be moving day, so they'll probably be busy.

I suppose if they wanted to/had time to do so they could use a PS4 and a PS4 camera (same with XB1 and Kinect) and stream to Twitch. Unless even the TV's are packed away.

yami4ct

I suppose if they wanted to/had time to do so they could use a PS4 and a PS4 camera (same with XB1 and Kinect) and stream to Twitch. Unless even the TV's are packed away.

I know the entire studio is gone. I'm almost certain the Quick Look room is gone. If tomorrow is moving day as they suggested on Mixlr, I suspect even their computers are gonna be packed away.

yami4ct

Just wait what it does to the actual goty videos

The Beast crew probably won't be around too much longer, and given they have no studio to record, expect not good things. If we get anything, I expect the West crew to throw together the on the couch segments and little to none of the produced stuff. That is if they can even get the studio together enough to record those.

I know the entire studio is gone. I'm almost certain the Quick Look room is gone. If tomorrow is moving day as they suggested on Mixlr, I suspect even their computers are gonna be packed away.

If it wasn't moving day (but the studio was still packed away), I could've seen them do a real low tech show. It would be no mics, no studio lights, a single TV (instead of multiple), a PS4/XB1 (with corresponding camera) being streamed via their built in streaming tech. It would be as high tech as a normal person's home stream. It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd work. It's all moot anyways, since they will too busy moving.

yami4ct

If it wasn't moving day (but the studio was still packed away), I could've seen them do a real low tech show. It would be no mics, no studio lights, a single TV (instead of multiple), a PS4/XB1 (with corresponding camera) being streamed via their built in streaming tech. It would be as high tech as a normal person's home stream. It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd work. It's all moot anyways, since they will too busy moving.

I honestly don't see them do any sort of official in office stream without the couch. Without the couch, it's really hard to fit in multiple people.

The fact that they're real close to moving day makes that all moot, though. I could see Dan doing some dumb Periscope stuff during the day. That's his thing.

They've got 3 video producers in one room, they could make it work.

Hard to produce a video when you have zero equipment to produce it on.

yami4ct

Could they use GameSpot's gear, or are they already packed up too?

Same floor, so also packed up. Best we can hope for is that they get enough out to do something before the end of the year or the BEAST crew gets back early enough to throw something together.

yami4ct

What does it have to do with their organisation?

Jeff has complained about lack of information on how the move is going to take place. This whole thing has clearly been a mess given his comments and it's been a poorly orchestrated move all around. Hard to tell if that's the fault of the organization, the building, the specific movers, management, etc. It's clearly been fucked up, but we have too little information to lay blame.

yami4ct

Jeff said on his Mixlr that they have a bunch of stuff ready to move, but no one will tell them when or how to move it all.

Also anything left on their floor after a certain date will be destroyed.

They were told to be packed up by Thanksgiving. The fact that they were given that cutoff and still have no information when the move is happening or how to label their stuff is crazy. Someone fucked up somewhere.

They should just go do some videos with GameSpot, join them on some of their series and mooch of their equipment.

EDIT: Or just have the Beast crew fly back to NY and do some videos, or even send Brad home for the week and have him make a few dozen Bombastica's of all the games he's been meaning to get back to, the possibilities are endless.

yami4ct

They should just go do some videos with GameSpot, join them on some of their series and mooch of their equipment.

EDIT: Or just have the Beast crew fly back to NY and do some videos, or even send Brad home for the week and have him make a few dozen Bombastica's of all the games he's been meaning to get back to, the possibilities are endless.

GameSpot is in the exact same situation.

yami4ct

Well that's just poor planning by CBS.

Not really. They are on the same floor. The floor is getting taken over by another company. Not much you can do. You obviously can't stagger the moves. It's way more efficient to just bite the bullet and move it all at once.

Not saying the move hasn't been poorly orchestrated in other ways, but there's only so much you can do in a situation like this.

-Kees-

Finally watching the Crusader Kings II Playdate. Was put off by the slow start and the thousand systems going on at once buy when it gets going it's pretty good. When shit goes wrong it goes wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when GiantBomb moved out of the office and didn't tell Rorie?

Rorie and CBS conspired together and now they're doing that to GiantBomb

yami4ct

Periscope.

Sounds like they are actually moving tomorrow, so they won't even have stuff to play games on. Add to that they'll be busy executing the move. I wouldn't put it past Dan just throwing up a periscope of the move, but they literally cannot do more than that.

Not really. They are on the same floor. The floor is getting taken over by another company. Not much you can do. You obviously can't stagger the moves. It's way more efficient to just bite the bullet and move it all at once.

Not saying the move hasn't been poorly orchestrated in other ways, but there's only so much you can do in a situation like this.

Yup, it just came at a bad fucking time with GOTY discussions, Playstation experience and all. Jeff said he's glad they're done from big video game releases for now so they could focus more on GOTY stuff and the moving.

yami4ct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom