• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan's archive of Fallout 4
m6Z5EMV.png

Tagyhag

I found an alleyway with locked doors on either side filled with raiders that looooove their molotovs. And the entrance I was hiding by was lined with cars. That was rough.

11 hours in on Very Hard, still never seen a legendary enemy.

I think I have around 6 hours, seen about 5 on Survival.

Yeah the motolovs throws are insane, they're incredibly accurate as well and if one hits you square in the face you die. If shit hits the fan in close quarters only thing left to do is throw your own.

Teddified

What is Starbreeze even working on right now? I know they are releasing Payday stuff and they are developing some VR headset, but are they still making new games?

I believe they are working on some sort of The Walking Dead game.

E; Overkill is working on that.

Finished the Bombcast. It was a solid episode, aside from one thing...

Dy5ehJX.png

Seriously... I'm honestly getting really fed up with the constant talk of such a NOW mediocre game. Nothing is being said other than "Its much better than it used to be, the shooting is good."

I mean, it's their podcast, they can talk about whatever they want, and if they want to talk about it they can... but it's honestly coming to a breaking point for me. I honestly would rather Brad talk about DOTA at this point. Seriously. Because at least he would be the only person talking about it and he'd eventually get the idea that no one else wants to talk about it and hopefully change subjects. But everytime they are trying to move on, someone says something about how it's so much better than it was a year ago and it starts all over again for another 5 to ten mins.

I want to write an email and just have it say "Seriously, we get it, Destiny is an okishly mediocre game now, please stop talking about it every week for another year." but I assume they already get a ton of those. ... Seriously, they have talked more about destiny then Witcher 3 and Metal Gear and any other big game this year combined and its a game that came out over a year ago! I just honestly don't see what anyone sees in that game, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

hamchan

I think we can excuse them from Destiny talk this week because it's a game Dave Lang plays and it's not like he's on the bombcast every week.

I think we can excuse them from Destiny talk this week because it's a game Dave Lang plays and it's not like he's on the bombcast every week.

Yeah, when Dave brought it up I was like eh, ok he doesn't show up all that often, but man then Brad took over and my eyes glazed over and I zoned completely out.

I really enjoyed the whole Batman talk though. I totally understand it and felt it was a great way to handle the whole thing. Acknowledge the elephant in the room give a qucik explanation about why he couldn't talk about it and move on. I'm really glad they brought it up though even if nothing was really said. I've grown to enjoy Dave Lang after watching the UPF where he talks about game development in depth. The first exposure to him I saw was the stream where he got crazy drunk and was just a complete asshole and I hated him, but watching that UPF made me realize that he knows what he is talking about and knows a lot about the industry, which is really unique since him and Jeff can have some really good talks.

I'd get one but the quality of the controller looks like shit. Especially compared to a xbone controller.

Its honestly kinda pointless. Just get a 360 or Xbox One controller and be done with it. It's neat to mess around with, but I'll probably never turn mine on again. I just don't see a point with it when I have a trackball mouse for RTS stuff and a normal controller for FPSs

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man just watching Toonstruck.

"You can go ask Jeff Gerstmann why cartoons aren't violent anymore".

LOL
Haha that's amazing. I'm behind on GB content because my life is 24/7 Fallout right now

strafer

aaaaaaand Dan just spoils me a major twist in MGSV on accident in the new metal gear scanlon. Drew didn't notice. ehhh. Well it was actually my main theory and the most obvious at that ....
so you ARE playing as a clone. thought that was coming. now i cant wait for the mission where it says starring "venom snake" and "big boss"

Drew figured that shit out in the first episode.

Drew is not dumb. He knows.

daydream

Banned
now that kero blaster is on steam, i hope they don't ignore it again

one of the tightest run & guns in recent memory, as expected from the cave story creator

Volotaire

I remember Brad saying he had never played Twilight Princess. I hope, assuming the remake is announced, that he tries the game out to hear his opinions on it.

I hope Jeff reviews the game (he won't /there won't be a review for it) for a nice nod back to 8.8.

Megasoum

Banned
I remember Brad saying he had never played Twilight Princess. I hope, assuming the remake is announced, that he tries the game out to hear his opinions on it.

I hope Jeff reviews the game (he won't /there won't be a review for it) for a nice nod back to 8.8.

They need to create a special 4.4 star rating on the site.

I've been watching the SF EL stream at work, and them trying out the graphics settings on Black Ops III PC is some good content. That game can scale real fucking low.

the game doesn't even really account for different "legitimate" styles of play so I'm not surprised that they didn't bother to account for extreme styles like a genocide run.

none of the stats or perks really matter. at best they let you talk your way out of killing everyone in very specific circumstances, but for the most part they're just quality of life things. like, oh i can hack this terminal so my life is slightly easier.

it's just a matter of time before we see a bunch of 0 skill point runs because even in situations when you have to hack a computer to progress, they'll just have the password laying around somewhere. or, you can bring a buddy who will hack it for you. for a role playing game, there's really only one role they want you to play.

Good to know I can totally pass on this game now. I had a feeling it was going to be a winter sale kind of thing, but now it's a "wait until GOTY Edition is sub-$20" thing.

kAmui-

I think Dan and Matt Kessler would get along nicely. "Snakes are like scary belts" is straight up like something Kessler would say.

I've been watching the SF EL stream at work, and them trying out the graphics settings on Black Ops III PC is some good content. That game can scale real fucking low.

Those bits are always great. Like when they did that with Elder Scrolls Online. Good for them for making the game playable for more people!

hamchan

playing fallout 4 and am discovering that you can't kill non hostile npcs (i.e. townspeople or that asshole preston garvey). fuck this game

This really disappoints me. If there's one thing I love to do in Fallout is to just make a quicksave and murder all the innocent townfolk.

Oh god, I'm addicted to settlement building in Fallout 4. I've completed only like 2 quests and have spent like 80% of my time so far working on the first settlement. Must. Find. More. Resources.

GavinGT

Banned
Is Vinny's Extra Life stream gone forever? That should've been archived on Youtube, right?

Also, what about the archive for Drew/Alexis? You'd think that would be up on the site by now.

LiK

Is Vinny's Extra Life stream gone forever? That should've been archived on Youtube, right?

Also, what about the archive for Drew/Alexis? You'd think that would be up on the site by now.

GB Unarchived has it with only 30 min missing.

I look forward to Fallout 4 mods that add in housing walls and such that are clean or whole. It bothers me that i'm fixing up a town but all my walls are full of holes or dingy looking. I want to take a messy settlement and build it beautiful. I want Fallout 4 Squarespace.

I can't check reddit at work. please summarize.

"Mods in /r/starwarsbattlefront accept bribes from an EA community representative to censor content. Reddit admin then bans all of the mods, proclaiming that "Dark Side corruption has been removed." EA's community manager scoffs at reddit and promises that his team will stay away." that's the title of the post but seems to summarize pretty well.

Patryn

Fun fact: I currently possess a copy of Fallout 4. I was massively looking forward to it, and I fucking LOVED Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, etc. The jank has never bothered me, and Mass Effect 1 on 360 is my favorite game ever, so clearly I have zero problem with shit framerate.

The tone of discussion on Fallout 4 has meant that I have not yet bothered to play the game, and I'm increasingly feeling like I don't want to play it, even though I'm fairly certain I would love the game.

That is all.

hamchan

Fun fact: I currently possess a copy of Fallout 4. I was massively looking forward to it, and I fucking LOVED Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, etc. The jank has never bothered me, and Mass Effect 1 on 360 is my favorite game ever, so clearly I have zero problem with shit framerate.

The tone of discussion on Fallout 4 has meant that I have not yet bothered to play the game, and I'm increasingly feeling like I don't want to play it, even though I'm fairly certain I would love the game.

That is all.

The longer you hold the game without playing it the closer it gets to the GOTY edition that you should have bought instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom