• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I gave up on Witcher 3 after a few hours, and took it back to Gamestop and got Wolfenstein instead. That should last me till the Bloodborne DLC comes out.

Patryn

Did Dan know that this invisible block would be such a point of frustration? It's basically blocked 2 full days of progress.

I don't get what Patrick is doing now. The blast destroyed the ? block right?

He's trying to destroy just the invisible coin block, so he can hit the ? block. He doesn't realize that if you hit it at an angle you won't hit the Invisible block (assuming you haven't hit it in the first place).

hamchan

Did Dan know that this invisible block would be such a point of frustration? It's basically blocked 2 full days of progress.

He's trying to destroy just the invisible coin block, so he can hit the ? block. He doesn't realize that if you hit it at an angle you won't hit the Invisible block

If Dan had made this for the Ryckoning he would have won easily.

Brinbe

He's broken and it's like 10% through the actual level
I don't even think it's all that cheap since the actual block he needs to hit isn't invisible. I wonder how long it'll take to figure out the pow block/thwomp thing

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

He's trying to destroy just the invisible coin block, so he can hit the ? block. He doesn't realize that if you hit it at an angle you won't hit the Invisible block (assuming you haven't hit it in the first place).
It feels like a glitch, honestly. No way Patrick could even know about that.

killroy87

everything about fallout 4 more and more makes it sound less like an rpg and more like a borderlands style loot shooter but instead of meaningful level design and unique class builds it's all basically a moonscape filled with lootable shacks on every peak and valley, and perks for +/-% to damage and resistance.

It's really a disappointment. I'm blown away that it's reviewing so well, because almost no aspect of it (aside from gun modding, I like that) is an improvement. It's all a lateral move or a step back. The only thing I truly enjoy more in F4 is the lack of the piss green hue.

I don't even know how Patrick got sucked in again. The terms for the Ryckoning were that Dan quits when he beats it within 72 hours and wins the rivalry.

Patrick should have let Dan go mad creating the level then never play it.

Herbs

Banned

Funny enough (haven't watched the newest episode as I wait for the Youtube archive) after yesterdays episode I had that exact thought that you need to hit it at an angle to get it. I was hoping Patrick would attempt this.

hamchan

Funny enough (haven't watched the newest episode as I wait for the Youtube archive) after yesterdays episode I had that exact thought that you need to hit it at an angle to get it. I was hoping Patrick would attempt this.

It's kinda obvious when you think about it, since if you could hit invisible blocks from the side then that would cause a lot of problems.

Morrowind was pretty damn impressive when it came out

That's my bad, I meant starting from the last generation. Morrowind had an amazing world to explore from the lore to the variety of environments. It's one of the things that makes me scratch my head when anybody says that the Bethesda's more recent offerings give the player great worlds to explore. The worlds they create are significantly worse than Morrowind in areas they use to do well.

Herbs

Banned
It's kinda obvious when you think about it, since if you could hit invisible blocks from the side then that would cause a lot of problems.

yeah, it does get somewhat agitating when I can see something you should try and they don't do it. oh well. all part of the fun.

popo

There is one guy in that "Nathan Drake is a sociopath" thread in gaming that I swear is a Dan alt account. His argument is essentially "Nathan Drake is a fun cool dude who just happens to murder 100s of bad guys in self defence".

There is one guy in that "Nathan Drake is a sociopath" thread in gaming that I swear is a Dan alt account. His argument is essentially "Nathan Drake is a fun cool dude who just happens to murder 100s of bad guys in self defence".

I had to punch out of that thread. I think it's a really funny thing to think/talk about, but half the people in there are like IT'S A GAME IT DOESN'T MATTER SHUT UP

like, fuck off, it's funny.

actual comment from that thread

This shit is annoying. ITS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. Seriously, stop with all this argument. It's a game, get over it. Heard it come up about Tomb Raider and that's the same shit. ITS. A. GAME.

tuxfool

Banned
That's my bad, I meant starting from the last generation. Morrowind had an amazing world to explore from the lore to the variety of environments. It's one of the things that makes me scratch my head when anybody says that the Bethesda's more recent offerings give the player great worlds to explore. The worlds they create are significantly worse than Morrowind in areas they use to do well.

Morrowind was the last game that one could consider well written. A lot of the best lore in TES since then has been handed down from what was established in Morrowind. This does make sense because a lot of the writers left Bethesda after that game, and the company didn't bother getting more people of the same caliber. At the same time possibly because of this the company started moving development into virtual Theme Parks and not RPGs.

Drake is really cool though.

also someone posited that the only reason people bring it up is because it's a playstation exclusive and that makes people angry

I never learn my lesson; don't go into Gaming

is he, he's just an India Jones knockoff

The scarf tho

500px-Nathan_Drake_render.jpg

He's basically big boss.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You know, with Toonstruck done....they should return once more to Bot Colony. I'd love to see if that game got any better since they last played it.

Fireblend

Banned
Realized late yesterday I'd missed the GBEast stream, but damn, a few minutes into the video I had to stop. That game sucks. Not my thing at all. Those voices, god.

mintyice

Just use a VPN to buy it from Mexican origin for $40. I'd get it but the beta kinda ran like poo on my computer. Apparently the real version runs better but I have FO4 to hold me over for a while.

def sim

Just use a VPN to buy it from Mexican origin for $40. I'd get it but the beta kinda ran like poo on my computer. Apparently the real version runs better but I have FO4 to hold me over for a while.

Ah I know about Mexican Origin. I'm talking $25 or so cheap. Very few of my friends have any interest in it after the beta and I don't want to spend too much when I already have a couple active multiplayer games on my plate.

I did just snag Fallout 4 off a member here for $40, so I'm feeling good about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom