• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

They will probably do live reactions on Twitter during PSX. I hope.

Or Jeff should set up his webcam..isn't that pointed at his tv.

strafer

MSN was the best. Memories.

Best thing was the crazy names people would do

msn.png

JJDubz

My first gf went to the same school as me, but our entire relationship was MSN-based. We totally loved each other.
We never said a word IRL

TraBuch

Banned
Is AIM still a thing? I might try to log in on my old account just to see if anyone's actually still around. I had a shit-ton of people I knew online on there, from forums and MMOs.

Frith

I can't think of anywhere else to ask this, but does anyone know if hooking up an SSD to my PC through a USB enclosure is fast enough for games? I assume yes. I got a new 480 GB SSD but my pc's cable situation isn't great and I'd rather just sidestep it altogether.

if usb 3 and u get a uasp caddy then yes its fast enough your load times will be great
yes other connections may be 25% faster on large file transfer but its still gonna be great and the random access is still awesome. i've had my steam library on a samsung 830 and a cheap as shit usb adapter http://www.startech.com/HDD/Adapters/USB-3-SATA-adapter-cable-with-UASP~USB3S2SAT3CB for years and its fine.

don't let perfection be the enemy of great

if your talking usb2 then you might as well buy a kindle for those load screens.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It took like an hour and it's precariously screwed in but I installed the SSD into the case anyway. Had to pilfer a SATA cable and screws from my old PC's case. I don't hate doing PC hardware management because it's difficult, but because the damn things are made for leprechauns. Trying for 15 minutes to get one screw in and failing because it's directly up against the case and there isn't enough space to even get a screwdriver in there without going from an extremely awkward angle is my special kind of hell.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Regardless of the move or them being there in person I doubt they'd talk over PSX on a Saturday.

Yeah. I mean, Saturday is Bombastica recording time.

It took like an hour and it's precariously screwed in but I installed the SSD into the case anyway. Had to pilfer a SATA cable and screws from my old PC's case. I don't hate doing PC hardware management because it's difficult, but because the damn things are made for leprechauns. Trying for 15 minutes to get one screw in and failing because it's directly up against the case and there isn't enough space to even get a screwdriver in there without going from an extremely awkward angle is my special kind of hell.

If you have space over a bay in your case, you can just leave the ssd sitting there. Mine is just sitting loose over the middle bay, underneath my br drive. They don't generate any significant heat to need to be placed strategically or anything.

luiztfc

I just watched the first Life is Strange gameplay and I really liked it. However, I'm having trouble finding the next one in the series. Does anyone have a list of the episodes in chronological order?

Didn't they once do a live Skype Bombcast on Christmas day?

I don't think it was Christmas Day but there was definitely one that was livestreamed on video from Jeff's room. and Jeff put looping random videos around the edges of his webcam feed, but for the life of me, I can't find it. I wanna say the video archive was for premium members but I might be wrong.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If you have space over a bay in your case, you can just leave the ssd sitting there. Mine is just sitting loose over the middle bay, underneath my br drive. They don't generate any significant heat to need to be placed strategically or anything.

NOW he tells me :p

Still think its great that the only time the bombcast went up later then midnight on Tuesday PST was when Brad took over hosting and production and it went up early Wednesday one time since he messed something up.

So much stuff has happened over the years but THAT was what broke the streak.

Gosh darn it Bradly.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
IN A WORLD.

Where tony hawk exists...

Could there be another game...

That will win most disappointing?

Well first you have to ask yourself if there were any games this year that were more or less disappointing than THPS5.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well first you have to ask yourself if there were any games this year that were more or less disappointing than THPS5.

Tony Hawk is somehow the most disappointing (from Jeff, the last man alive to have hope for Tony Hawk 5) and the least disappointing (from everybody else who looked at the first screenshot and laughed so hard they had to change pants).

So no, there are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom