• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played "European handball" all the time in gym class here. Always a favorite, everyone always got really into it. So much better than doing basketball drills or running laps.

I've played handball in gym class before, i'm american

granted, nobody ever dribbled the ball like you're supposed to, but still

the true king of gym class was matball

Strax

We played "European handball" all the time in gym class here. Always a favorite, everyone always got really into it. So much better than doing basketball drills or running laps.

I've never thought about it before you wrote that but people here in Iceland love handball and when Iceland is playing 70% of nation watches but I've played handball maybe 4 times in gym class.

ibXaE9B.gif

This is art.

kiguel182

I've never thought about it before you wrote that but people here in Iceland love handball and when Iceland is playing 70% of nation watches but I've played handball maybe 4 times in gym class.

Here in Portugal we have the national league that has some following but nothing major.

One of the sports we had to learn in gym class was handball. It had the same time as football or basketball given to it.

yami4ct

Despite my nervousness about certain aspects of the game, I ended up picking this up yesterday.

Haven't started the game yet, but some people here were talking about starting a GB crew. We gonna actually do that and how do I get in on it?

Curufinwe

I just haven't had time to get back to it with everything else going on, so I haven't even seen those guys yet. Got into the fishing village before I stopped and I think lit the first lantern in there?

If you play it at work on camera I would watch. :D

well i got taco bell and feel kind of gross on multiple levels but it was worth it

Now imagine eating $90 worth.

Haven't started the game yet, but some people here were talking about starting a GB crew. We gonna actually do that and how do I get in on it?

I had no idea there had been mention of doing a GB crew, I'd totally be up for that.

The 'I feel sick after eating taco bell' shtick just never gets old.

You act like it's both not true and also a negative thing.

Strax

Here in Portugal we have the national league that has some following but nothing major.

One of the sports we had to learn in gym class was handball. It had the same time as football or basketball given to it.

95% football (indoor), 5% outdoor running, 5% misc.

The 'I feel sick after eating taco bell' shtick just never gets old.

I was more referring to the fact that I effectively fell for a marketing department's dream- someone who pays them to sell their products.

but now that you mention it, it is kind of sitting like a rock in my gut.

Bowlie

Banned

Here in Brazil is football > volleyball > handball/futsal (I don't think english even has a name for this last sport) in school/university.

Lelcar

Just finished Her Story. That game is really cool. This is making my GOTY even harder. I'm surprised at how much I completed in the database without any help.
Twins separated at birth, live across from one another. One lives a normal life while the other is locked in an attic. Mother dies, the girls meet and live a shared life for a long time. They meet Simon...
there is a debate. I interpreted it as she has multiple personalities and is a complete lunatic. So yeah when i "realized" that, it certainly felt like a big moment
I feel like Hannah or Eve (or both if they're one person), is a serial killer. Florence falling down the stairs and then "Eve" burning the diary, and the parents dying from mushrooms is too convenient. They really made a point to focus on the mushrooms and how the parents wouldn't make that mistake. Simon isn't the first and won't be the last.

in college i would eat chipotle at least twice a week and never got the whole "lol rip your butthole" stuff. I was always fine. maybe a little full but otherwise ready to roll.

Myggen

I wasn't able to watch PS4, what did people think of it? Looking at GAF it doesn't seem like all that much came out of it.

yami4ct

I wasn't able to watch PS4, what did people think of it? Looking at GAF it doesn't seem like all that much came out of it.

If you are a fan of niche games, it was great. The Yakuza 5 date and 0 Localization news were amazing and the later was really unexpected for me. Rez Infinite seems cool and I'm glad I can just ignore the VR part. FF7:R info wasn't that major, but I liked what I saw. Also really happy that Ni No Kuni is getting a sequel as I liked the first game flaws and all and I want to see where they can go.

Overall, given my specific tastes, it was way better than I expected it to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ni No Kuni 2, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 5 release date are my version of Shenmue 3. That and South Park 2 are like....

all I would need is for EA to announce Sk4te and it's ova.

Lelcar

In Her Story,
I've always been on Team Twins, because it makes the story more fun.
I'm with you, I like the twins thing. There's good arguments for both sides too. For split personality you have the situation where both their names are palindromes and she has the tattoo of the apple and snake symbolizing Eve, the tapping code that says "Bye Hannah", and the fact that they never got caught that they were twins. But then how does that explain the disappearing tattoo and bruise in the interviews. Also the guitar playing and driving discrepancies are apparent, she goes back and forth on that. It's interesting.

What the was up with that song though, weird choice to sing an oddly incriminating song to a detective.

It's a great conference with many diverse games. It's just that most people were in it for a Demon Souls remaster or Crash Bandicoot coming back(It seems he will in E3 based on Shawn Layden wearing a Crash Bandicoot shirt).

On-Going Summary:

• Uncharted 4 cutscene trailer
  • Final Fantasy VII: Remake trailer with gameplay
  • Final Fantasy VII out on PSN now.
  • Black Ops III DLC trailer
  • Call of Duty gets eLeague and PlayStation as sponsors.
  • Trailer for Star Wars:Battlefront DLC
  • Battleborn gets campaign, co-op, split-screen and PS-exclusive character for open beta participants.
  • Final Street Fighter V character Fang is revealed. Game launches on February 16 2016. All Year 1 DLC characters revealed. Season Pass up on PSN now.
  • First look at Escape Run mode for Dead Star.
  • Adult Swim Games shows off some of their games in video reel: Death's Gambit, Ray's the Dead, Duck Game, Rain World, Small Radios Big Televisions, Head Lander (from Double Fine)
  • New trailer for Day of the Tentacles: Remastered. Coming out March 2016.
  • Double Fine announces remaster of Full Throttle.
  • Psychonauts 2 gets standalone game for PlayStation VR.
  • Games showcase: Invisible Inc., Don't Starve Together, Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey, Hitman Go, Brawlhalla (exclusive content for PlayStation)
  • #Buildingthelist: Yakuza 5 releases December 8.
  • Yakuza Zero coming to the West on PlayStation 4.
  • SNK brings The Last Blade 2 to Vita and PS4.
  • New look at The King of Fighters XIV.
  • Ni-Oh coming exclusively to PS4. New trailer.
  • SuperMassive Games' Bastion is out on Vita and PS4 today.
  • The Bit Trip is a collection of their games and coming out on PlayStation.
  • Nuclear Throne coming out on Vita and PS4 today.
  • People who met up at the PSX gets Bit Trip and Nuclear Throne for free.
  • Stormcloud Games bring Brutal to PlayStation in 2016.
  • MLB The Show 16 trailer. Available March 16.
  • Guns Up! is a new fast-paced strategy game. F2P and is available today. PS Plus members gets a free DLC bundle.
  • Fat Princess Adventures is available today. Plus members get discount.
  • New gameplay demonstration of Ratchet & Clank. New cutscene of Clank and Ratchet's first meeting. Game releases April 12. Movie premieres April 28 in North America.
  • Rez Infinite coming to PlayStation VR. Can be played without VR as well.
  • Ubisoft brings Eagle Flight to PSVR.
  • Sony Santa Monica brings you Modern Zombie to PSVR.
  • Alchemy Labs bringes Job Simulator to PSVR.
  • Brand new studio, Highwire Games, announces Golem for PSVR.
  • 100 Ft Robot Golf for PSVR: Solo, split-screen and online golf/combat game.
  • Ace Combat 7 announced exclusively to PS4. Supports PSVR.
  • Brand new racing event, Sparrow Racing League, for Destiny: The Taken King. Starting December 8 for 3 weeks onward. Compete on Mars and Venus.
  • From the makers of Torchlight, Relic, comes Hob.
  • Level-5 announces Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom exclusively for PS4.
  • Epic Games' MOBA game, Paragon, comes to PlayStation 4.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh yeah, the fact that they showed FF7 was shocking.

It further pushes this agenda I've been behidn that I think Japanese console makers are seeing the West as a more viable market for their home console stuff rather than just outright saying 'Well only mobile doesn't work over here so let's see if we can get the West interested' without going into Lost Planet 3/Bomberman Zero mode

Joeku

I'm with you, I like the twins thing. There's good arguments for both sides too. For split personality you have the situation where both their names are palindromes and she has the tattoo of the apple and snake symbolizing Eve, the tapping code that says "Bye Hannah", and the fact that they never got caught that they were twins. But then how does that explain the disappearing tattoo and bruise in the interviews. Also the guitar playing and driving discrepancies are apparent, she goes back and forth on that. It's interesting.

What the was up with that song though, weird choice to sing an oddly incriminating song to a detective.

Neither are true, dog, she's playing us all.

And the song was cute and creepy. She revels in her victory. The very first search in the game is "murder", and the fourth video of that set is the last one of all of the videos, wherein she is grinning and telling the detectives they have to let her go cuz they ain't got shit. She's enjoying the hell out of her victory.

Bowlie

Banned

Yeah, and specially the way she nonchalantly smiled at him. She very much enjoyed toying with the detective through the entire interrogation until the end, when she said that everything was just a story, and they got nothing on her.

It worked even better for me because I thought while playing that it was a song that she wrote to tell a little bit of their story, but then found later it's just a version of a real muder ballad.

It's all thanks to her acting and the writing. I wonder why Sam Barlow didn't receive the awards at TGA

Joeku

I thought double fine announced a remaster for full throttle way before psx?

That was Day of the Tentacle. At E3 I think.

Edit: Beaten as heck.

Yeah, and specially the way she nonchalantly smiled at him. She very much enjoyed toying with the detective through the entire interrogation until the end, when she said that everything was just a story, and they got nothing on her.

It worked even better for me because I thought while playing that it was a song that she wrote to tell a little bit of their story, but then found later it's just a version of a real muder ballad.

It's all thanks to her acting and the writing. I wonder why Sam Barlow didn't receive the awards at TGA

Well, the game won for both Best Narrative and Best Performance. Unless you mean why he didn't show up. In that case, I dunno, Viva Seifert did, which was cool.

Her name is also very fun to say.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff's talk about Rainbow Six on the Beastcast certainly is Jeff talking about a game he doesn't like that it seems like he's played for all of 15 minutes.

It's an amazing game if you're into the type of gameplay on offer. I won't defend the booster stuff but it's also extremely overblown because it's very easy to earn enough renown to unlock all the characters without boosts. If you play through the situations first (tutorials basically) you'll easily have enough to buy 6-8 operators.

Lelcar

Oh yeah, the fact that they showed FF7 was shocking

I was quite amazed that the Remake is that far along in development: gameplay, environments, the fact that they are already thinking about english dialogue and possible actors. Square is operating like a company that actually wants to put out games again, I like it! I'm getting hyped for 7:R, I like what I see.

kvk1

It's an amazing game if you're into the type of gameplay on offer. I won't defend the booster stuff but it's also extremely overblown because it's very easy to earn enough renown to unlock all the characters without boosts. If you play through the situations first (tutorials basically) you'll easily have enough to buy 6-8 operators.

Agree.

I was more referring to the fact that I effectively fell for a marketing department's dream- someone who pays them to sell their products.

but now that you mention it, it is kind of sitting like a rock in my gut.

Yup feeling that kind of disgust too. Had a big sigh as I was about to open the door. First time I've had TB in about 10 years or so, it was ok.

Jeff's talk about Rainbow Six on the Beastcast certainly is Jeff talking about a game he doesn't like that it seems like he's played for all of 15 minutes.

It's not Jeff's type of game at all since he looks for the fast mobility and movement in an FPS game.

Edit: I've been playing the game for the past 3 days, haven't been hooked to an MP game since COD4. Really damn fun and satisfying with friends.

BearPawB

Banned

I agree with you.
I would never in a million years think Jeff would like it though.

He likes quick speed focused multiplayer. He doesn't like sitting out rounds.

I think Drew might really like the game

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah no I'm not at all surprised Jeff doesn't like it, but as a result of that and him not having played it a lot he doesn't really have anything meaningful to critique about the actual game so he totally overblows the Booster stuff when it isn't at all a big deal. If you play without paying a cent in-game you'll never feel like you're actually being held back unless you want to unlock ugly-ass gun skins (I personally could not care less about them)

Yeah no I'm not at all surprised Jeff doesn't like it, but as a result of that and him not having played it a lot he doesn't really have anything meaningful to critique about the actual game so he totally overblows the Booster stuff when it isn't at all a big deal. If you play without paying a cent in-game you'll never feel like you're actually being held back unless you want to unlock ugly-ass gun skins (I personally could not care less about them)

Heck, leveling up has almost no meaning to it since it's there only for you to reach level 20 and it'll unlock ranked multiplayer for you instead of casual only. Otherwise it's there for you to reach 50 and unlock that trophy/achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom