• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

I will delete some of the free shit Valve stuck on there, or some of the games where the MP mode that I will never play registers as a separate entity.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Then you're fooling yourself. Otherwise, I'll find a hat I own and fucking eat it. Find this post if it comes before 2018.

Yeah I'm with you. Look at all of Square's other big RPG projects, like FF15 and KH3. FF7R will take AT LEAST 2 more years to come to market.

yami4ct

Then you're fooling yourself. Otherwise, I'll find a hat I own and fucking eat it. Find this post if it comes before 2018.

If the rumors are to be believed, and I do believe them, then FF7R is being outsourced to CC2. Assuming that's true and it's not SE internal, I could easily see it coming out relatively quickly and smoothly.

Joeku

If the rumors are to be believed, and I do believe them, then FF7R is being outsourced to CC2. Assuming that's true and it's not SE internal, I could easily see it coming out relatively quickly and smoothly.

If that is true, I could see it being relatively quickly, yeah. Smoothly? Not so sure. And it would probably look nothing like this new trailer in cutscene or gameplay.

Honestly, I hadn't heard this CC2 rumour before, but now that doubles my interest in the game if it's true. Didn't they previously say Nomura was directing, though?

yami4ct

If that is true, I could see it being relatively quickly, yeah. Smoothly? Not so sure. And it would probably look nothing like this new trailer in cutscene or gameplay.

Honestly, I hadn't heard this CC2 rumour before, but now that doubles my interest in the game if it's true. Didn't they previously say Nomura was directing, though?

Nomura is directing it, but the stuff I've heard is that the team he's directing is at CC2.

Would make sense. SE right now has FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Star Ocean all in development. I can't imagine they have enough people to field a team for a 4th major console project.

It's also supposedly been in full development for at least a year. In that case, it's believable that the tech demo is actual gameplay.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Watch out if you want to permanently delete some Steam games. I was just about to delete Beyond Divinity when I noticed that Steam was all like "Sure, we will delete Beyond Divinity, Divine Divinity, Divinity Original Sin and Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Editon kay?"
I didn't buy those games in a bundle or anything, it just decided to group them together

Joeku

Nomura is directing it, but the stuff I've heard is that the team he's directing is at CC2..

That's...strange. CC2's strength, as far as I remember, has been in its unique direction. I don't really see how what Nomura does fits in with that, beyond maybe CC2 providing more dynamic camera angles in otherwise Nomura cutscenes. If SE handed off a mostly-finished FFXV engine to them and said "put FF7 in this" I guess I could see that working.

I'd also love is CC2 got the chance to make another original property one day a la Asura's Wrath. Love me some six-armed sculpted clay Hindu god robot anime video game man.

Does Sega still own REZ?

Nomura is directing it, but the stuff I've heard is that the team he's directing is at CC2.

Would make sense. SE right now has FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Star Ocean all in development. I can't imagine they have enough people to field a team for a 4th major console project.

They also got Dragon Quest 11.

I think thats back to being internal anyway. Or is Level 5 still doing those?

But yeah. The rumours of FF7 being at least co developed with a outside studio AND using Unreal 4 is very promising for people who want to play it before 2020.

yami4ct

That's...strange. CC2's strength, as far as I remember, has been in its unique direction. I don't really see how what Nomura does fits in with that, beyond maybe CC2 providing more dynamic camera angles in otherwise Nomura cutscenes. If SE handed off a mostly-finished FFXV engine to them and said "put FF7 in this" I guess I could see that working.

I'd also love is CC2 got the chance to make another original property one day a la Asura's Wrath. Love me some six-armed sculpted clay Hindu god robot anime video game man.

Nomura has praised CC2 for their technical skill and how they handle projects. He's also said that he's wanted to work with them on an action game. It's probably that once SE decided FF7R was going to exist, they wanted to hand it to a team they knew could get it done, especially since their teams are full up.

They also got Dragon Quest 11.

I think thats back to being internal anyway. Or is Level 5 still doing those?

I knew I forgot something major. Pretty sure that's internal as well. Level 5's got Ni No Kuni in the mix now and I kind of doubt they have 2 console teams.

yami4ct

ideally you'd think they'd get nomura to actually finish some of the shit he's working on before giving him more projects

Versus XIII has long since left his hands. By all accounts, his part of KH3 is done and he's handed it to his co-director to take it to the finish line.

Myggen

ideally you'd think they'd get nomura to actually finish some of the shit he's working on before giving him more projects

giphy.gif

Ideally you'd want someone other than Nomura to keep directing your games.

True.

tuxfool

Banned

Despite having his name attached to KH3, he never was entirely hands on with that project. IIRC KH3 is being done by SE Osaka and Nomura is still based in Tokyo, which would never have been conducive for day-to-day direction.

BearPawB

Banned
I wish they would just do powerbombcast without Jeff.

He can special guest on the royal rumble episode.

He doesn't want to watch wrestling, i totally get that. Doesn't mean the podcast has to die

Myggen

I wish they would just do powerbombcast without Jeff.

He can special guest on the royal rumble episode.

He doesn't want to watch wrestling, i totally get that. Doesn't mean the podcast has to die

Right now I'm not sure if anyone outside of Dan watches wrestling, and even he has admitted that WWE is fucking terrible currently.

BearPawB

Banned
Right now I'm not sure if anyone outside of Dan watches wrestling, and even he has admitted that WWE is fucking terrible currently.

I think Alex probably pays enough attention to talk about it.
And I think Austin does as well.

I would do an Austin Dan Alex cast.

its frustrating because these fools got me kind of into it! it is their fault! they are contractually required to talk about it now

its frustrating because these fools got me kind of into it! it is their fault! they are contractually required to talk about it now

The reason they stopped is because they transferred the curse to you, now you need to pass it onto someone else or suffer wrestling for all eternity.

Haunted

Probably, a bunch of titles leaked from the steam databases, here's the list from the thread.

• Everybody's gone to the rapture
  • Journey
  • Criminal Girls
  • Danganronpa 1 + 2
  • Steins;Gate
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1
  • Stranger of Sword City
  • Bad Rats Show
  • Half Life 3
  • Hellblade
  • Space Pirates VR
  • Arslan Musou
  • Phantom Brave
  • Ray Gigant
  • Code of Princess
  • Xblaze: Code Embryo
  • FF VI

EDF!

EDF!

That's a solid three person podcast. Hell, we know Jason watches too.

Zaph

EDIT: I know HL3 is a joke, but is the rest of this leaked list for real? Or is everything just a joke?

It all seems legit. Doesn't mean all those games are coming out (although it's likely they are) but that their respective developer/publisher opened a steam repo in that name (so they're at least considering it). As for HL3, it being there doesn't really mean anything. With Valve's flat hierarchy, even if the game isn't in active development, it would still have a steam repo so anyone at Valve could contribute something to the project whenever.

Zornack

I think it's more likely that some internal project at valve got named Half-Life 3 as a joke than it being actual Half-Life 3.

I think the entire thing is a joke.

Considering it's from Valve's own database that seems highly unlikely.

I think it's more likely that there's some internal project at valve got named Half-Life 3 as a joke than it being actual Half-Life 3.

Possibly, it's not like it's really worth worrying about anyway as there's no telling what stage of development that title is at and it's not exactly shocking that Half Life 3 might be a thing.

I wonder what week the GOTY stuff will go up. Is it always a Monday to a Friday? Hope it's post Christmas so I have Xenoblade to grind through while listening to the podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom