• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

If they want to continue doing mailbag videos and they can't stream in the office they can just bring it to the studio, I don't think it will be a very big deal.

Patryn

Do we even know if it'll take that long?

You do make it sound like it'll take months, but I dunno if it'll take anywhere near that long.

No, we don't know.

However, based on the holiday calendar, there are realistically only about 2 more true working weeks this year.

As I recall, it took some time to get their studio up and running last time. In addition, Drew and Jason are likely also working on GOTY stuff, so studio build-out is probably proceeding at a slower pace.

I can easily be wrong, but I can foresee them not being set up to livestream until after Christmas and New Years, and not being at 100 percent fully set up until towards the end of January.

Also holy shit sales people arent as bad as some make them out to be.

Having sat near sales people before I disagree. Holy shit do I hate hearing their phone calls.

Also, they tend to lack any sense of personal decorum. I can't tell you the number of times I've overheard a person discuss sensitive medical matters with their doctor.

Zaph

Also really why are we just assuming sales people won't be cool with what they're doing?

If by sales people you mean all the CBSi admin they're sharing office space with, then maybe, we dunno. Hopefully Eric's comment wasn't serious/won't be enforced/is temporary.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well yeah, but they're not working in the new york office.

Like everybody else, sales people are made of different individuals. They could be total dicks. It's entirely possible. I don't know who the fuck they're working with. But immediately assuming just seems... weird? Especially if the assumption is that they'll be bad because they are sales people. I've worked with perfectly chill sales people. Though of course I'm not constantly subjecting them to wacky shenanigans like giantbomb will.

Also giantbomb does have the knack of introducing entirely inexperienced people as part of their content.

Some of the best parts of the old mailbags was Sarah from comic vine giving them the stink eye anyway.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Having sat near sales people before I disagree. Holy shit do I hate hearing their phone calls.

Also, they tend to lack any sense of personal decorum. I can't tell you the number of times I've overheard a person discuss sensitive medical matters with their doctor.

sounds like dan lol

Jintor

it's not about the sales people whippy, it's about management.

generally: individuals are great and understandable, corporations have rules and regulations and shit

Antiwhippy

it's not about the sales people whippy, it's about management.

generally: individuals are great and understandable, corporations have rules and regulations and shit

That was part of the deal when they moved to CBSi though. Dunno why things would suddenly change.

It's not like they have no records of all the dumb shit they did that would make management's eye pop. They are very happy to record them if anything.

effective sales people, by design, are at least somewhat sociopathic. and they're terrible to share an office with. god i could probably write for pages about all the dumb/annoying encounters i've had with sales coworkers.

a common thread is that a lot of them have also been amateur pick-up artists and they loudly boasted about their exploits and i wanted to die

I feel like a diplomatic mission from Dan would be the perfect way to establish good relations with the sales team. Maybe he can divvy up the rest of his half-eaten Taco Bell binge as a goodwill offering.

Antiwhippy

The sales people in my company seems more like frazzled out souls trampled by the feet of life and crushing capitalism.

They're pretty chill.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
On the CBSi sales forum;

Having sat near livestreamers before I disagree. Holy shit do I hate hearing their video games.

Also, they tend to lack any sense of personal decorum. I can't tell you the number of times I've overheard a person discuss sensitive medical matters with their doctor. One guy talked all about his hemorrhoids.

Zaph

a common thread is that a lot of them have also been amateur pick-up artists and they loudly boasted about their exploits and i wanted to die

Oh, we definitely had these. Did you have any amateur/potential sports stars who never made it too? They're the worst and act like they were actually in the Premiership/League.

jtar86

I'm think I'm going to listen to that mixlr Jeff made Friday and see if I can finally get into Elder Scrolls Online. Boy I didn't like that game the first two times I tried it but I desperately need a soulless game that I can hit buttons and pay as little attention to as possible while I play it and listen to/watch other stuff.

Oh, we definitely had these. Did you have any amateur/potential sports stars who never made it too? They're the worst and act like they were actually in the Premiership/League.

lots of college football players for sure. big swole bros who bring in their juicers and run them while people are trying to work/make phone calls. usually wear dress shirts that are one size too small. smell like they drank aftershave.

the most surreal encounter i can think of was the time i went into the break room to grab some hot water for tea and three guys were standing around literally asking each other how much they could benchpress.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, it might be a difference in cultures? I usually work in tech and design industries, and I don't think I've ever encountered a fratbro really.

I'm think I'm going to listen to that mixlr Jeff made Friday and see if I can finally get into Elder Scrolls Online. Boy I didn't like that game the first two times I tried it but I desperately need a soulless game that I can hit buttons and pay as little attention to as possible while I play it and listen to/watch other stuff.

Play Diablo 3, it's actually fun in comparison.

Or a rogue like. Those tend to be good for listening to casts.

repeater

Boy I didn't like that game the first two times I tried it but I desperately need a soulless game that I can hit buttons and pay as little attention to as possible while I play it and listen to/watch other stuff.
Have you heard the good word about a little game called "Destiny", GiantBomb.com's 10th best game of 2014?

Some of the sales people could become new secret GB members.
Wow, that means some of them might even become our new GB foster fathers!!

Myggen

Need to remember that GBEast is on an open floor with what looks like several hundred other people. GBWest looked like would share office with 10-20 sales people, unless I missed something obvious in Dan's new office Periscope. Can't really compare it.

KingKong

They should have stocked up on Metal Gear Scanlon episodes for this time, especially so we could finally get this series over with and move on to good premium content

I wanna say that i'm 2/3s of the way through Until Dawn (the uncertainty comes from me not wanting to look up a guide to see where i am for fear of spoilers) and, man, I'm looking forward to seeing GBeast's playthrough. So many people have died in my playthrough that i want to see if they manage to not be as terrible as I am at this game lol

The dumbest thing about all of this is that at some point Jeff is probably going to get an email/phone call from some CBSi suit asking "WHY IS TRAFFIC DOWN?" What a shitshow this move turned out to be.
Man, calm down! Today's the first day of no content! Why not check out some of the Extra Life stuff if you haven't had the chance? I recommend SF stuff, Austin, Jason and Lisa (and Griffin!) and Dave Lang.

Man, calm down! Today's the first day of no content! Why not check out some of the Extra Life stuff if you haven't had the chance? I recommend SF stuff, Austin, Jason and Lisa (and Griffin!) and Dave Lang.

Oh it wasn't a complaint, I just feel bad for the duders being stuck in the situation they're currently in. CBSi really dropped the ball on their behalf.

Zaph

Disney is old school. C-suite/VP's can get away with almost anything, but shop floor can't even watch Minions without getting written up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Future millionaire, coming through.

Myggen

Caravella's Critical Crisis

Made in 9 days for the Giant ROM 2 (a Giant Bomb themed) game jam, CCC is about helping Vinny Caravella play Hideo Kojima's latest game while dealing with home and family crises in real life!

sGDLV3B.gif

http://i.imgur.com/DvOoodA.webm

Xater

I am imaging myself crawling through a desert screaming "Content!" From the top of my lungs.

Please just do some ghetto streams. Anything!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Only just catching up with it now but Jeff is way off with Rainbow Six. The microtransactions are sad but they are also unnecessary. It is a really good game. A proper Rainbow Six.

From what I've heard, it sounds like I would enjoy R6 Siege. I'm a bit concerned that by the time I get around to playing it everyone will have the maps "solved".

From what I've heard, it sounds like I would enjoy R6 Siege. I'm a bit concerned that by the time I get around to playing it everyone will have the maps "solved".

it stinks of wait-till-its-$5-before-checking-it-out vibes that titanfall gave me. Mind you, it's (titanfall) really a great game at that price but i'm finding it really hard to swallow the $60 price point for R6S.

it stinks of wait-till-its-$5-before-checking-it-out vibes that titanfall gave me. Mind you, it's really a great game at that price but i'm finding it really hard to swallow the $60 price point for R6S.

Yep same.

Also, I got Titanfall at launch and enjoyed the hell out of it, but I agree that the amount of content didn't justify the price point.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah, it might be a difference in cultures? I usually work in tech and design industries, and I don't think I've ever encountered a fratbro really.

Must be. I know a lot of sales people and they all are regular human beings. A lot of them actually play videogames.

jtar86

Play Diablo 3, it's actually fun in comparison.

Or a rogue like. Those tend to be good for listening to casts.
I've played over 1000 hours of Diablo 3. I love that game but I can't bring myself to play more.
Have you heard the good word about a little game called "Destiny", GiantBomb.com's 10th best game of 2014?
I've played as much Destiny as I want to play. Probably got around 500 hours split between Xbox and PS4.
Future millionaire, coming through.
Nope I'm already done what that game again. Ran around collecting meat and checking barrels for bullshit for about 30 minutes before I just wanted to lay down and die. What a boring fucking game.

I guess I will just stick to doing one thing at a time like a normal person until the Binding of Isaac expansion hits Xbox or The Division comes out.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Only just catching up with it now but Jeff is way off with Rainbow Six. The microtransactions are sad but they are also unnecessary. It is a really good game. A proper Rainbow Six.

Yeah I posted about it a few pages ago. He's totally off-base and I have literally no idea what he's talking about when he says the movement and shooting feel bad. The whole thing is just ill-informed.

Also for y'all on the fence, it's cheap on cdkeys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom