• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please enjoy this post that relates to the news that the FF7 remake will be episodic.

We're no strangers to fucking fans
You know the rules and so do I
An action game is what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other company
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna buy your crap
You always let you down you've finally made me run around and hate you
Always gonna make you cry
Time to say goodbye
Always telling lies and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but
You're too dumb to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
Always gonna let you down
Gonna make it an action game
Always gonna make you cry
Final fantasy 7 say goodbye
Always gonna tell a lie and hurt you

danm999

Please enjoy this post that relates to the news that the FF7 remake will be episodic.

tumblr_niydao0Lit1qzopezo1_250.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Pretty sure Square wanted to make a straight up remake, exactly like you wanted it, but then they looked at GiantBomb's E3 reaction to the reveal and thought "Huh, maybe people aren't into it that much...."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Devil's Third seems like a good first QL of the year. I feel like the first QL of a year is almost always* was some terrible game they missed before like Neverdead or Postal 3

*probably not almost always

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just remember all the articles with the final results being out before the podcasts, testing my self-restraint like nothing ever has.

I swear I've had GOTY podcasts in the build up to Christmas before. Not after.
The RSS feed knows all:

2008: 30th Dec
2009: 31st Dec
2010: 30th Dec
2011: 30th Dec
2012: 28th Dec
2013: 27th Dec
2014: 30th Dec

(all dates of the final day's podcast, so we had one day in 2012 before Christmas and two days before in 2013).

Patryn

So have we started having bets on when UPF will pick back up?

I don't think we'll see it until mid-January.

This studio move is happening at the worst time, between the GOTY stuff and the holidays. I really don't think they'll have stuff set up until that point, and I don't think they'll be at 100 percent until February or March.

So have we started having bets on when UPF will pick back up?

I don't think we'll see it until mid-January.

This studio move is happening at the worst time, between the GOTY stuff and the holidays. I really don't think they'll have stuff set up until that point, and I don't think they'll be at 100 percent until February or March.
Like I said previously, I'll take some low rent streaming using the console's built in streaming capabilities if that is all they can do for now. The thirst is real.

Zaph

Whole thing seems really poor on CBSi's end. Today's Mixlr prediction: Morning "They've meant to have finished the studio this weekend", Afternoon "There's still no fucking studio".

Wonder if the no live streaming rule the GS guy mentioned is just for the move or permanent? Will be kinda lame if all filming is limited to just that one studio.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The RSS feed knows all:

2008: 30th Dec
2009: 31st Dec
2010: 30th Dec
2011: 30th Dec
2012: 28th Dec
2013: 27th Dec
2014: 30th Dec

(all dates of the final day's podcast, so we had one day in 2012 before Christmas and two days before in 2013).

That's crazy I have distinct memories of listening to it in the build up to Christmas. Going mad.

Whole thing seems really poor on CBSi's end. Today's Mixlr prediction: Morning "They've meant to have finished the studio this weekend", Afternoon "There's still no fucking studio".

Wonder if the no live streaming rule the GS guy mentioned is just for the move or permanent? Will be kinda lame if all filming is limited to just that one studio.

No live streaming???

The dumbest thing about all of this is that at some point Jeff is probably going to get an email/phone call from some CBSi suit asking "WHY IS TRAFFIC DOWN?" What a shitshow this move turned out to be.

Patryn

No live streaming???

Guessing it's a reference to that guy telling Dan that they're not allowed to Periscope down in their new office area.

But it's uncertain if that was just for that day, or if it's a permanent thing.

And of course, Dan totally just went and did it anyway.

Zaph

No live streaming???

From the recent Dan stream, in the lift with Eric (?) he said that Periscoping isn't allowed on the floor. Hopefully he meant just for the move, but I can fully imagine a situation where the sales/marketing/admin staff just don't want to be in the background of their videos (which is completely fair, but sucks for GB).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

The what now?

edit: Oh, ok, phew.

Patryn

From the recent Dan stream, in the lift with Eric (?) he said that Periscoping isn't allowed on the floor. Hopefully he meant just for the move, but I can fully imagine a situation where the sales/marketing/admin staff just don't want to be in the background of their videos (which is completely fair, but sucks for GB).

Yeah, this is the problem with the new open-air layout. I get that it's the new hotness in office design, but I'm guessing the sales guys don't want to deal with the crazy shit of the GB and Gamespot staff, and I know that GB and Gamespot really don't want to listen to sales calls, so....

Zaph

Yeah, this is the problem with the new open-air layout. I get that it's the new hotness in office design, but I'm guessing the sales guys don't want to deal with the crazy shit of the GB and Gamespot staff, and I know that GB and Gamespot really don't want to listen to sales calls, so....

So what you're saying is...

pG9oy4A.png

Nero18

Thought that was in reference to streaming in the lobby on the bottom floor, could see that being the case.

Patryn

I feel like with always panic with every move.

And then everything always turned out fine anyway.

They always figure out how to work with the areas they're given. The problem is that based on Friday's streams, they're still at zero, or even below zero, when it comes to readiness to generate content.

And the problem is that unlike last time when they originally moved into the building, they can't fall back on using Gamespot's studio since they're in the exact same position.

On the bright side, we have GBeast. I have a feeling they'll be relying on those guys to generate all their new content for a while. Guessing they'll be doing longer Friday streams to cover for the lack of UPF.

Curious if Vinny is helping out with the GOTY post-prod stuff, though.

They always figure out how to work with the areas they're given. The problem is that based on Friday's streams, they're still at zero, or even below zero, when it comes to readiness to generate content.

And the problem is that unlike last time when they originally moved into the building, they can't fall back on using Gamespot's studio since they're in the exact same position.

On the bright side, we have GBeast. I have a feeling they'll be relying on those guys to generate all their new content for a while. Guessing they'll be doing longer Friday streams to cover for the lack of UPF.
On the bright side, gbeast is still up and running. So maybe the drought won't be so bad

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Curious if Vinny is helping out with the GOTY post-prod stuff, though.

Do we even know if it'll take that long?

You do make it sound like it'll take months, but I dunno if it'll take anywhere near that long.

Zaph

Thought that was in reference to streaming in the lobby on the bottom floor, could see that being the case.

Hopefully. With a bit of luck the Gamespot guys sit between GB and CBSi's admin, which will give them a bit of a buffer to film dumb shit. Just hope it won't end up like a GBeast situation where there's only one area to record everything and it's kinda boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom