• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Did they sit on that Demo Derby for a week or did Drew and Jason quickly rig up a bootleg setup? Guessing the former.

maxresdefault.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How long will it take their new desks to become gigantic messes like their old ones? I give them 13 days.

Xater

Someone should tell Jason those TVs are facing the wrong way.

Guys, I know they are probably facing this way to make connecting them easier.

How long will it take their new desks to become gigantic messes like their old ones? I give them 13 days.

Tommorow?

Someone should tell Jason those TVs are facing the wrong way.

Guys, I know they are probably facing this way to make connecting them easier.

Tommorow?

Seems like plugging them in backwards then having to turn them around with all the plugs in would be more of a pain.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
sure they'll be ready by mid-week at this rate :D

Megasoum

Banned
Man that answer on Danny's Tumblr is sad. I replied to him saying he should continue to make those videos because they are awesome but post them on GBb instead. Better community for that kind of stuff.

Do you plan your youtube videos as much as you do for The Point? or are they more stream-of-conciousness style? You seem to be very good at verbalizing what you are thinking, and hitting the nail on the head with difficult subjects.

No those are pretty much from the hip. I try and remember a few bullet points to talk about, and then go for it. The thing about recording is that you can always stop and start again - so that helps. Honestly I think I could be doing better at it - it’s a muscle I’ve lost over the years. I used to be better when I was on gaming podcasts and radio shows a lot more. Doing my live streaming at home is helping a lot actually.
As for the preparation for The Point, though they are scripted I’ve actually had so little time to do The Point these past few months, that I don’t even spend that much time on it. Where I’m spending my energy is something I’m taking a real hard look at at the moment. To be honest, I’m not sure if that show is a good fit for GameSpot anymore. It’s nothing like anything else we produce and it’s becoming harder and harder to get eyes on it. It’s frustrating. I think the Tony Hawk episode took the wind out of myself and Andy’s sails. The audience we’re trying to reach with that show isn’t the same audience that visits GameSpot anymore and it increasingly feels like a losing battle.
I want to make stuff that works for GameSpot, while not letting skills that matter to me atrophy. It’s a difficult balancing act that I’m taking a lot of time to think about right now. Thanks though. I do like doing them - when I have something I want to say.

Xater

Man that answer on Danny's Tumblr is sad. I replied to him saying he should continue to make those videos because they are awesome but post them on GBb instead. Better community for that kind of stuff.

Danny would have a better home at GB is what I am getting out of this.

The Point is the only reason I went to Gamespot. Whenever I met Danny I told him how much I like what he was doing with that.

Zaph

That does sound a bit grim. Hopefully Danny manages to find a good middle ground where he can do what he loves without slaving over something nobody watches.

In other news, the sky isn't falling
yet

qsa9HWd.png

Xater

That does sound a bit grim. Hopefully Danny manages to find a good middle ground where he can do what he loves without slaving over something nobody watches.

In other news, the sky isn't falling
yet

qsa9HWd.png

Those GB Renegades! Breaking the rules all the time!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's just sad. But I do understand GameSpot users not caring about that stuff. It just gets drowned by everything else on that site.

popo

Danny is never going to leave GameSpot but if some of his long form video content went up on GB I think it would get a higher profile. As a trade off I can see some of Dan's dumb shit going down well with the kids that visit GameSpot.

The proximity of other working people might curtail the reforming of New Box City. Being out of sight and left alone made for good mailbags but maybe wasn't the healthiest of working environments.

Why was he filming that?

I think it ate his money and he didn't get a drink? Dunno, can't really tell.

Bacon

Danny is never going to leave GameSpot but if some of his long form video content went up on GB I think it would get a higher profile. As a trade off I can see some of Dan's dumb shit going down well with the kids that visit GameSpot.

I doubt that. The kids at gamespot are the people who search for a game in google and gamespot's review is the first result they click on.

I can't tell if Drew is doing Don DiMello at 41:42 or if that's just me.

regarding this, i was just listening to a super-early bombcast episode (i think it might've been episode of april 8th of 2008 maybe?) where Ryan mentions that they shot video of the podcast. anyone know if that video was ever released? i really don't remeber ever seeing that on the site.

It was in a How to Build a Bomb I think.

danm999

I feel sorry for Danny at some of the shit he has to put up with regarding GameSpot's audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom