• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it's any surprise but man, Shadow Complex has aged really well. That game is still awesome and you owe it to yourself to check out the free remastered version.

Started playing Destiny because it was cheap during Black Friday.

I feel as though the duder's rage was misplaced.

You can go to the moon and there are no moon physics.

It's 2015.

WHAT THE FUCK

If you read the looore, Guardians suits have actuators that stabilize their gravity, in fact even the Fallen use the same technology.

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm not really the type to not like any certain GB series as I really enjoy everything they do a good bit but I will say that Demo Derby is the absolute best.

Anjin M

Xenoblade X tip for everyone playing: Save before you accept any affinity quests. You can't abandon them or move the story while they're active, and some are really difficult/time consuming. Also, use the fashion gear menu to put sunglasses on Lin so you don't have to look at her creepy eyes.

Had to google this to know what you meant and HOLY EFF. That is awful.

Question, though. When I looked up Xenocross on image search, why are half of them of people in their underwear?

jaina

If you must know....

Dragon Age Inquisition. I got all the DLC, but I haven't played any of it. Doing my second play through with the new trials, and I'm only 60 hours in, so not that close to the end. Fuck you, I like the game a lot and don't have to justify myself to you. It's fun for me.

Thanks, I remember passionate posts about that game from you but not which side you were on. Now I know.

Houndi101

I'm not really the type to not like any certain GB series as I really enjoy everything they do a good bit but I will say that Demo Derby is the absolute best.

I just now feel like that Jeff is essential for that stuff since he has industry knowledge from that era in boatloads.

Anjin M

Catching up on Jeff's Mixlr from tonight. Funny that he tried to get rid of the knives and they showed up on his desk anyway.

Anjin M

I'm never goint to be able to listen to Jeffs Mixlr live, should I go through the back catalog? What is the best way for this?

I'd say that ninety-four point four percent of mixlr is pretty drab. I pretty much suggest only listing to episodes that people mention in this thread. Since most people are listening to them live, I usually just want to most recent one (or so) in the archive.

Also, the very best ones tend to be edited and posted on Giant Bomb Unarchived.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I'm not sure how much of meme based writing I can take anymore.

Which is ironic considering that one of my favourite games of the year so far is life is strange.

Though to be fair it makes sense in context in LiS.

Which is ironic considering that one of my favourite games of the year so far is life is strange.

And it more than makes up for it anyway by acknowledging Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within as one of the best sci-fi films of all time.

yami4ct

Some memes still work for me, some don't.

The dumb informercial stuff is so old and dumb that it's just gotten funnier for me.

Zekes!

Reflecting back on the PS1/N64 era makes me appreciate games like Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time a hell of a lot more than I already do

Jintor

Yeah, 2 hours is where it gets away from the ruins stuff and starts to mean something more i think

To be honest my real deal with Undertale is about 2 playthroughs in, which is okay imho because it's a fairly short game.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ahhh yes, I remember Brad talking about that now on a Bombcast. Definitely not turned off, just not hooked yet. The battle system is pretty interesting and I like the death animation a lot.

demidar

Ahhh yes, I remember Brad talking about that now on a Bombcast. Definitely not turned off, just not hooked yet. The battle system is pretty interesting and I like the death animation a lot.

I'd say you should play up to just after the first town. If you don't like it then, then it's probably not for you.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'd say you should play up to just after the first town. If you don't like it then, then it's probably not for you.
It's only a 5 hour game right? I'll finish it at least once regardless of how I feel. I didn't grow up playing RPGs it's in the style of, so a lot of the nods are lost on me.

Did play Earthbound for a while a few years ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom