• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I think Who's Your Daddy might be a PC indie game Adam Boyes and co might have to think twice about before signing to a PS4 deal.

What a great idea though.

you can now own all the classic 3D realms games for under a fiver

this package is actually getting pulled from steam before the end of the year so if you want to play some cheap wacky wheels then you better get on it
Alien Carnage / Halloween Harry
Starring hero "Halloween Harry", Alien Carnage is an impressive game with no detail overlooked. Professional musical soundtrack, brilliant full-VGA graphics, non-stop animation and huge start-game and end-game cinematics. If Duke Nukem has a twin separated at birth, it's got to be Halloween Harry!

Arctic Adventure
Nevada wasn't satisfied with finding the elusive pharaoh's tomb in his first adventure. After months of searching and studying ancient maps, Nevada has stumbled upon the location of a tremendous Viking treasure cave. Join our intrepid hero as he heads for the Arctic in this stunning and chilling new adventure.

Balls of Steel
Balls of Steel features five pinball tables with edge and attitude. No lame circus, zoo, or cutesy themes here! We're talking blood and gore, with animated creatures getting splattered by your ball and laser cannons dishing out hardcore destruction.

Bio Menace
You are Snake Logan, a top CIA operative who likes to do things his own way. Metro City has fallen under the attack of hideous mutants and your mission is to fly recon over the city and report back. While circling over the city you're shot down by hostile forces and forced to crash land on the streets of Metro.

Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Wolfenstein 3D took you into the past, thrusting you into a world at war. Blake rockets you into the future where a sinister madman, using genetics to create an army of bizarre creatures, is waging war on Earth. Blake has more of everything!

Blake Stone: Planet Strike
British military agent Blake Stone finds himself in a life or death struggle for control of humanity's future. After a five-year manhunt for the elusive Dr. Goldfire, the search has ended.

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
What's green with red spots, has suction hands, and has an overbite like Bart Simpson? Of course, the answer is Cosmo! Cosmo is a young alien on his way to visit Disney World with his parents. That is, until their ship is struck by a blazing comet, forcing them to land on an uncharted planet.

Crystal Caves
Enter an underground world of treasures and traps in Crystal Caves, a colorful EGA game that rivals any commercial game with its arcade quality, puzzles and graphics. As Mylo Steamwitz, enter cave after cave of adventure, gathering teasures and evading countless hazards.

Dark Ages
In Dark Ages, you’re the Prince of the Great Kingdom, who as a child watched the King – your father – die at the hands of Garth, a power mad warlord with uncanny magical abilities.

Death Rally (Classic)
You start out from the bottom of the ranking list. Your objective: earn money in the blitzkrieg-battle races. Fight hard for each precious championship point. Fellow competitors are showering you in a constant hail of bullets. Each race is deadly contest - a matter of life or death.

Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem is the explosive debut of the known universe's greatest high-flying, wise-cracking, alien-punching, babe-saving, gun-toting badass. A man who would eventually go on to become a one of a kind gaming action hero that would soon combine ass-kicking and bubblegum-chewing in a completely revolutionary way. Duke begins here.

Duke Nukem 2
Duke Nukem is back. Captured by an alien foe in the middle of promoting his best-selling book, “Why I’m So Great”, Duke must once more defeat the forces of evil to save himself from the knowledge-stealing Rigelatins, and ultimately prove his book’s namesake.

Duke Nukem 3D
The third chapter in the series, and the first with a 3D perspective (the original Duke Nukem and the sequel, Duke Nukem II, are side scrolling platform games). This game, set sometime in the early 21st century, begins in a ravaged LA, which was overtaken by aliens while you were abducted during Duke Nukem II. Duke, upon returning to Earth, finds himself with another mess to clean up, and another alien race that needs exterminating.

Duke Nuken: Manhattan Project
Duke Nukem takes his Mighty Boot to the Big Apple. Using GLOPP (Gluon Liquid Omega-Phased Plasma), the maniacal mech Morphix has transformed the creatures of New York City into an army of bloodthirsty mutants.

Hocus Pocus
Terexin, leader of the Council of Wizards, is sending the young sorcerer, Hocus, on a special mission to prove his worthiness.

Major Stryker
In the not-so-distant future, the calamity of World War III led to eventual world peace. But, it didn't last. Earth was invaded by alien marauders - the Kretons. Earth's united military force, still depleted after the mighty onslaught of WWIII, was not nearly sufficient to repel the numerous Kreton attacks.

Math Rescue
This madness can only be the work of... the Gruzzles. In your last tangle with the mean ol' Gruzzles, you stopped them from stealing all the words from our books (in Word Rescue). This time the Gruzzles are taking all the numbers and it's up to you to get them back.

Monster Bash
Johnny Dash's bash 'em and smash 'em adventure takes him into the evil Under World of Count Chuck. The story starts when Johnny's dog Tex is kidnapped by the Count, along with hundreds of other pet dogs and cats.

Monuments of Mars
When astronauts sent to explore mysterious structures on the surface of Mars disappear, NASA sends you to investiagte. Collect incredible articfacts and fight deadly alien creatures as you wander through the Red Planet's unexplained wonders to solve ancient mysterys.

Mystic Towers
Mystic Towers is an action-oriented and puzzle-filled adventure about exploration and magic. With over 30 different monsters able to crawl, slither, fly, roll, hop - and anything else you can imagine - there’s no shortage of game to play and enemies to slay.

Paganitzu
Journey into an Aztec pyramid and survive the adventure of a lifetime! No other game forces you to die in order to complete it! That's just one of many incredible plot twists in this excellent puzzle-oriented arcade-adventure game. Guide Alabama Smith (Al) into a vast and dangerous Aztec pyramid.

Pharaoh's Tomb
Pharaoh's Tomb is an arcade-adventure game set in a huge Egyptian pyramid. Explore 20 uniquely-dangerous levels riddled with ingenious puzzles and traps. You start with five lives and a few spears, which can he thrown at offending denizens that patrol the pyramid.

Raptor: Call of the Shadows
Become a mercenary of the future and pilot the super-tech Raptor.

Realms of Chaos
Realms of Chaos is an exciting side-scrolling platform game with an innovative mix of action, adventure, mysticism, and role-playing that's never been seen in this style of game.

Rise of the Triad: Dark War
You are part of an elite group of operatives called HUNT (High-risk United Nations Taskforce), and you must stop a maniac cult leader from killing millions of people. While scouting a remote island, you are suddenly surrounded by enemy troops with guns blaring.

Secret Agent
If you liked Commander Keen or Duke Nukem, this game is just what you're looking for. Lots of great situations to overcome and traps to work around. This game has great puzzles which make it much more than a simple run-jump-and-shoot contest. Superb colorful graphics and scrolling levels. James Bond never had it so tough!

Shadow Warrior (Classic)
Lo Wang. Master ninja assassin for 20 years. A Shadow Warrior. Shadow warriors are the best of the best, and Lo Wang was the best of the shadow warriors. Every top company in Japan had a Shadow Warrior... a protector, a negotiator, a cleaner.

Stargunner
In the far distant future, an epic war for survival takes place... Deep within the Andromeda galaxy, the people of Zile grow restless and greedy. The Zilions secretly prepare for a massive strike against the nearby planet Ytima. Fearing such an attack, the Ytimians train an elite squad of Stargunners.

Terminal Velocity
In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have suddenly waged war on Earth, destroying crucial installations and major cities - Earth is quickly brought to its knees. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest, most dangerous crafts ever made.

Wacky Wheels
Nothing beats the excitement of playing against friends. In Wacky Wheels, you can do just that. Play with a friend in split-screen mode, play head-to-head using a modem connection or play via serial (null-modem) cable. Race against challenging computer opponents with adjustable difficulty settings.

Word Rescue
Word Rescue is an incredible adventure for kids who want to rescue all the stolen words from the mean ol' Gruzzles. The Gruzzles can't read, and they don't want anyone else to read. So, they've stolen the words out of all of our books! Benny Bookworm needs your help to stop the Gruzzles.

Xenophage: Alien Bloodsport
Because of the aggressive tendencies shown by your semi-sentient species, the Council has bestowed upon you the honor of relieving their boredom by fighting for the propagation rights of the species of your world. The combat will be weaponless. The matches will take place in a holographic simulation of you or your opponent's homeworld, and will be farcast to the Council Chamber. If you fight well enough, you will be given the honor of defeat at the hands of the Grand Champion. Failure to fight will result in automatic forfeiture of propagation rights.

My problem with them is that Drew has zero history with the PSX so he brings nothing to these discs in a historical sense. Dan has the perspective that I have (someone who was a young teenager when the PSX came out and played a ton of it) and Jeff brings the experience of being someone in the industry during this era.

It's that they all complement each other rather well. It's not that the drew and dan demo derbies weren't good, it's that the inclusion of jeff makes them all the more better

Yea Jeff fills the hole of seasoned vet compared to both and can bring his stories like a war veteran.

And its not just the PSX stuff either.

HAHAHA. Patrick (somehow in the past) got revenge of Dan for all his Super Mario Maker madness. Dan planned on doing a Yoshi's Island Encyclopedia Bombastica, only to find out Patrick already did one!

AcridMeat

Banned
Finished the whole season Tales from the Borderlands. Uh...yeah, that game deserves to be in the top 5 GOTY. Just outstanding writing and direction. Fantastic comedy, a cast of characters that I feel really attached to now because of how well developed they are over the course of the story, some really heartfelt moments, and a plot that never lost its great pacing. Camera angles and transitions were just on point the whole game too.

Once again I have to say it's the best thing Telltale has ever done. I think Gearbox owe a lot to this Telltale team because it's brought me back into the whole Borderlands franchise after I felt sick of it and never wanted to go back 30 hours into Borderlands 2.

It's actually a big shame that none of the Giant Bomb guys got around to playing it, besides Austin doing the first ep on his Extra Life stream, because this is one of the best games of the year.
Yesss another convert. Agreed on all accounts. I'm much more excited to see the next main Borderlands game, I hope they learn a lot from Telltale in terms of making interesting characters.
This is so silly it's amazing. I want to see Vinny try playing it with Dan.

tchocky

Looking forward to Gbeasts reaction to LiS Ep 4 on Friday, after watching youtuber Kay Plays video of it today and her emotional reaction it reminded me how amazing the opening section of that episode is.

jaina

catching up on bombcasts and they just mentioned what i assume must have been glitches' email about download speeds and i can't seem to find that discussion

they mention it on the 10/13 cast so i went back to the 10/06 cast to relisten but yeah, no dice. a timestamp would be appreciated
Glitches' mail was in the 11/03/2015 Bombcast, at 2:34:52. I found the date by searching for our snarky comments in OT#17.

Must have been a different example they're referencing in 10/13.

Megasoum

Banned
I just realized that if they do a UPF this week it will be the first one I can't watch live in months. Ugh

I'm getting LASIK surgery on Friday which means I will be stuck for the whole weekend without reading, watching TV, checking my phone or playing games...

Please kill me already.

jaina

I just realized that if they do a UPF this week it will be the first one I can't watch live in months. Ugh

I'm getting LASIK surgery on Friday which means I will be stuck for the whole weekend without reading, watching TV, checking my phone or playing games...

Please kill me already.
Cool, catching up on podcasts and audio books sounds great.

Guess Who

Banned
screenshot2015-12-08am2ujn.png

Our long national nightmare is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom