• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Virginia is weird. I saw a license plate that said "PLCENTA" some time last year.

Virginia has the highest U.S. vanity plate penetration rate (16.19%), followed by New Hampshire (13.99%), Illinois (13.41%), Nevada (12.73%), Montana (9.8%), Maine (9.7%), Connecticut (8.14%), New Jersey (6.8%), North Dakota (6.5%) and Vermont (6.1%). Texas had the lowest vanity plate penetration rate (0.5%). According to the Federal Highway Administration, in 2005 there were 242,991,747 privately owned and commercial registered automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles in the U.S., which means that 3.83% of eligible U.S. vehicles have vanity plates.

mildly surprised by Texas

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I can't hold all these fighting games I'll never play

Wanna check out mark of the worves though I hear jeff recommends it

I can't hold all these fighting games I'll never play

Wanna check out mark of the worves though I hear jeff recommends it

Mark of the Wolves is absolutely fantastic. And I hear the rom works with fightcade too which will give you that GGPO greatness for online play.

Of course, I imagine Garou and LB2 will be getting Steam ports soon enough (with a hopefully good netcode as well)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
custom car licence plates are basically forum signatures

and they are just as bad by the looks of it (dont see many in the UK, mercifully)

Bacon

and they are just as bad by the looks of it (dont see many in the UK, mercifully)

In my 23 years of living I've maybe seen 2 or 3 ones that have been good enough to get a chuckle out of me. Most of them are just dumb

funny-license-plates-stfupls.jpg

I don't know why but the Rez Infinite section on the bombcast made me really want to read Neuromancer. Is Neuromancer good? Has it aged well?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't know why but the Rez Infinite section on the bombcast made me really want to read Neuromancer. Is Neuromancer good? Has it aged well?

You should just watch Johnny Mnemonic instead

tumblr_m39eb1Bx9C1qg39ewo1_500.gif

The medium of Keanu Reeves film offers so much more to William Gibson's vision than words alone ever could.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I mean, yeah. Watch Lawnmower Man too. But we're talking authentic cyberpunk here. With Keanu Reeves and Dolph Lundgren, like it was meant to be.

1436371768_501.cyberpunk-johnny-mnemonic-william-gibson.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I paid 10 bucks and all I got was a bunch of ROMs running on a ghetto-ass emulator. Thanks, SNK.

AcridMeat

Banned
You should just watch Johnny Mnemonic instead

tumblr_m39eb1Bx9C1qg39ewo1_500.gif

The medium of Keanu Reeves film offers so much more to William Gibson's vision than words alone ever could.
I knew there was a Keanu movie I wanted to/haven't seen yet. Thanks for reminding me.

I also kind of want to watch Hackers again, saw that a few months ago.

I also kind of want to watch Hackers again, saw that a few months ago.

Just watched Hackers again like two weeks ago. obviously it doesn't hold up, but I think in a way it's actually getting "better" with age.

really want to watch The Net but it's not on any streaming services (and no way am I paying money for it)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
not sure what you really expected, but i guess now you can download the roms and run them in a non-shit emulator with minimal guilt

Neither do I, but as a person with no ethical compunction about using emulators to run 20+ year old dang games this feels like a bit of a waste. At least 50% of my 10 bucks is going to charity, and I didn't own the Steam games yet, so it's alright.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just watched Hackers again like two weeks ago. obviously it doesn't hold up, but I think in a way it's actually getting "better" with age.

really want to watch The Net but it's not on any streaming services (and no way am I paying money for it)
Hackers is incredible from the very beginning with the Orbital song. It definitely is getting better.

Let's have a movie night bb.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah, The Net isn't good bad in the same way Hackers and Johnny Mnemonic are. It's just a tepid thriller with a dumb 'hacking' layer on top of it.

All you have to do is read the names of characters in the movies. If you're not laughing before you get through the top couple of stars, you aren't guaranteed a good time.

Do you want to watch a movie about Zero Cool and Acid Burn, Johnny Mnemonic J Bone and Dr Spider, or Angela Jack and Alan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom