• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
this polish msx piracy talk is blowing my goddamn mind
From a paper titled Computing behind the Iron Curtain: Social Impact of Home Computers in the Polish People’s Republic.
At the end it is also worth mentioning unique collaboration of Bajtek” and
radio station run by Polish Scout Association (Związek Harcerstwa Polskiego).
During the late 1980s this FM radio was simply broadcasting programs. It was
possible to record such program on audiocassette used as mass memory storage
and load it into computer. Contrary to information given by Elfimov (2008) these were
only simple programs in BASIC, not freshly imported Western pirate computer
games.
That said, I've also read a lot about scouts broadcasting games through their radio station (I'm Polish), so I don't know whom to believe anymore.

Dan Ryckert
‏@DanRyckert
I'm gonna start laying groundwork for my next Mario Maker monstrosity for @patrickklepek. Feel free to send some diabolical ideas my way.

Patrick Klepek ‏@patrickklepek 2h2 hours ago
@DanRyckert I have a diabolical idea: discover some talent and stop losing to me.

Dave Lang
‏@JosephJBroni
@patrickklepek @DanRyckert
CVwkqkvUYAEtn04.jpg

danm999

That Twitter exchange is brutal. And from Dan's role model no less.

'Over and over from people'

Brad just threw Tales from the Borderlands into the Witcher pile. It's cooked.

Shoemaker kiss of death!

Though I suppose it wouldn't matter since GOTY was already conducted.

dogpowerd

Banned
Is it worth playing Tales from the Borderlands if the writing,voice acting and characters in Borderlands 1 made me want to drown myself in a toilet?

jaina

Is it worth playing Tales from the Borderlands if the writing,voice acting and characters in Borderlands 1 made me want to drown myself in a toilet?
yes, that seems to be the GB GAF consensus. Even if you actively dislike Borderlands writing by now, Telltale has written better comedy and characters in that universe than the mainline titles ever did.
if we're talking verbal tics, austin's "do you know what i mean" on his RPG podcast really stands out in my brain. But that's what happens when you listen to like 20 or 25 episodes in a month or so
I like Austin a whole bunch, too.

If this year was long, Xenoblade Chronicles X would be the next Witcher 3/Tales From the Borderlands. Mark my words.

Absolutely. TellTale's writing staff is on fire all the way through, Borderlands lore be damned redeemed.

Borderlands 3 gonna be even more meme-tastic.

If Fiona and Rhys are playable I won't even care.

TellTale got me good.
Xenoblade and Yakuza 5 will just have to be on my GOTY for next year. There's just not enough time in the day.
Dunno about Y5, but for XBCX it's definitely understandable. What a gigantic game.

Austin's comments about the movement in its QL were spot on. The jumping, moving, and sprinting feels so right. (on foot, at least... no Skell yet.)

tuxfool

Banned
I'm done with telltale until they use a proper engine. Producing games in an assembly line doesn't excuse one from updating their technology.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah. Nah, I knew where the jeff pic came from, it's just that it seemed to have gotten a pretty good reaction but I didn't recognise what it's referencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom