• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein Bear

"These games were always terrible."
"Why did I like them then?"
"Because you like bad games Dan."

New demo derby is great.

Iw8uImG.gif

bring_it_on_matrix.gif

fite me irl m8

I found one if those sliding Nokia phones from the matrix in the grass as a kid.

My friend made me leave it there because the person who lost might come back for it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The Internet ruined the Matrix for me.

I just had a sudden realization that Broken Age "came out" this year. Think it will be uttered even once during the GOTY podcasts, in any context? I'd still really like to finish it. I never even completed part 1.

Maybe in the "Most Disappointing games" category.
Act 2 is a real bummer. I hated it.

Harpuia

After hearing the tidbit on the podcast from Brad regarding mario maker, I wonder what his top game is gonna be. Probably something lame and unjustified like fallout 4 or Dota2.

Strax

Also where is my celebrity fighting game starring Tim Robbins, Neve Campbell, Emilio Estevez, CCH Pounder, David Hasselhoff, Mischa Barton, Amanda Peet, Joe Morton, Tim Curry and Camryn Manheim as themselves?

Patryn

After hearing the tidbit on the podcast from Brad regarding mario maker, I wonder what his top game is gonna be. Probably something lame and unjustified like fallout 4 or Dota2.

Isn't Brad still hot on Metal Gear?

It'll be Destiny: The Taken King.

Also where is my celebrity fighting game starring Tim Robbins, Neve Campbell, Emilio Estevez, CCH Pounder, David Hasselhoff, Mischa Barton, Amanda Peet, Joe Morton, Tim Curry and Camryn Manheim as themselves?

Closest you'll get.

daydream

Banned
I liked Buster Busts Loose. It's only like half an hour though lol

tiny toon adventures 1 and 2, bbl and buster's hidden treasure are all varying degrees of great

bonus game that no one knows exists: wacky stackers on gba. excellent puzzle fighter clone with tetris battle gaiden-like abilities. my first gba game and it's awesome. you can battle locally or the cpu but there's a really neat puzzly singleplayer, as well

daydream

Banned
C'mon Bugs Bunny Lost in Time is decent

ah, you know, it's good that you went for the riposte 'cause i totally mixed it up with bugs bunny & taz: time busters which also came out on ps1 and pc

actually only played very little of lost in time so yeah. bugs & taz is definitely rough, though

popo

if we're talking verbal tics, austin's "do you know what i mean" on his RPG podcast really stands out in my brain. But that's what happens when you listen to like 20 or 25 episodes in a month or so

He frequently repeats back the last line of anyone's question as an answer. Solid Snake style. Once you notice it, you can't ever fail to notice it. In the early days I was planning a supercut but quickly realised it would be hours long. Strangely endearing.

Jintor

He frequently repeats back the last line of anyone's question as an answer. Solid Snake style. Once you notice it, you can't ever fail to notice it. In the early days I was planning a supercut but quickly realised it would be hours long. Strangely endearing.

man, austin's the fuckin' best

daydream

Banned
Is there even a good Taz game?

where he's the protagonist? well, bugs & taz is definitely not as a heinous as, say, taz-mania on the genesis so i'll give it that.

best one is probably taz: wanted on gamecube but yeah, that's not really saying much

daffy probably had a better video game career on account of daffy duck: fowl play alone

Is it worth playing Tales from the Borderlands if the writing,voice acting and characters in Borderlands 1 made me want to drown myself in a toilet?
I loved borderlands 1 but found bl2 to be written by a shitty meme machine.

Tales of the borderlands is great. It's possibly telltale's best game other than twd season one. Maybe even better since it doesn't have zombies in it.

I don't listen to his tabletop podcast so I don't know the context, but that's a pretty common improv tactic to give yourself more time to think of a response.

Jintor

Also the systems he runs are very "yes, and", so it's part of being a good GM.

I don't think I can listen to standard D&D podcasts anymore after all this *World stuff.

Bowlie

Banned
At that time, I had the Sonics, Buster's Hidden Treasure, Taz-Mania and some Chester Cheetah thing as platform games. And as a kid that didn't know what was good or bad, I loved them all.

Now I see Taz-Mania and think "why there's so many blind jumps in this? and how did I beat it?"

Zaph

That was pretty good, but I was hoping there would be more spy shit than that - it's pretty obvious why the dude is allowed to be walking around openly today.

Was it cut down for the internet? It's called 60 minutes, but it was only about 28.

The identity of the person who bought the $$$$$ Wu-Tang album has been identified: http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-martin-shkreli-wu-tang-clan-album/

hint: you won't like this person

Sorry Jeff

At least if someone does 'get to him', jeff won't feel as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom