• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Each episode has 3 segments of 14 minutes plus ads usually about 3 different subjects.

There was the segment about self-driving cars in the episode too, making it ~42 minutes which is is an hour in american tv standards.

Gotcha, I assumed it was a single subject per episode. Damn, was hoping to hear more about his training and communication.

Oh well, at least it reminded me I need to catch up with the latest season of The Americans.

today in gifs from my collection that i haven't found a use for:

MkpvGvj.gif

killroy87

I hope the next Demo Derby moves into a different era or console. These early PSone ones have some good video content, but the games are pretty boring to watch.

Suplexer

I was reading Austin's article about that gardening game, and was really excited at the prospect of an actual gardening sim game.

Does that even exist anywhere? I'm not talking about mass crop care like Farming Simulator, I mean small scale, individual plant care.

jaina

I was reading Austin's article about that gardening game, and was really excited at the prospect of an actual gardening sim game.

Does that even exist anywhere? I'm not talking about mass crop care like Farming Simulator, I mean small scale, individual plant care.

Speedtree? ;)
Sorry, don't know any but I expect something exists to fill that niche. Maybe on Facebook?

Zaph

Gardening Mama?

Patryn

Am I the only person who expects the FFVII episodes to only be about 10 hours long a piece, if even that long?

The talk about expanding the first part to be the size of FFX strikes me as crazy talk.

As for the Wu Tang guy, I swear I've never seen as punchable a face as he has. The worst part is that I'm sure he's reveling in all the hate coming his direction.

Patryn

Also I have to laugh at RZA basically putting out a statement disavowing the guy. For bonus points, he didn't even spell the dude's name correctly.

daydream

Banned

the streetpass game flower town

this game maybe

I am 100% confident that my motivations are different than his.

woah you hatin' on taylor

Patryn

Ok, this is a giant generalization, but what is the obsession of Witcher fans to beat up Bioware?

The Witcher vs. Mass Effect thread just screams to me yet another opportunity to rip on Bioware and shower praise on CD Project Red.

Gah. I need to stop doing posts like this and just shake my head at GAF in private.

Tubobutts

I just want to hear Vinny and Jeff's Wu Tang Album.

Ok, this is a giant generalization, but what is the obsession of Witcher fans to beat up Bioware?

The Witcher vs. Mass Effect thread just screams to me yet another opportunity to rip on Bioware and shower praise on CD Project Red.

Gah. I need to stop doing posts like this and just shake my head at GAF in private.

It's physically impossible for a person on the Internet to like more than one game, especially if they are in the same genre.

Ha ha ha, he wants more artist to make music for him, and him alone. He wants them to give him their uncompromised best. So only he can listen to it. I'm starting to think he's looking to spark a new revolution and his actions are really just elaborate attempts at creating a "Let them eat cake" moment. You would have thought price gouging life saving medicine would have done it but I think he needed something more universal.

Patryn

Ha ha ha, he wants more artist to make music for him, and him alone. He wants them to give him their uncompromised best. So only he can listen to it. I'm starting to think he's looking to spark a new revolution and his actions are really just elaborate attempts at creating a "Let them eat cake" moment. You would have thought price gouging life saving medicine would have done it but I think he needed something more universal.

I think he's just a Randian.

The whole thing reminds me of the garden in Bioshock, and the audio logs that accompany it.

He wants a date with Taylor Swift, you want a date with [east asian singer]?

Is that so different?

the idea of bribing someone to date me is so despicable that I can't even seriously entertain the thought. I can barely stand myself.

and I'm not even a real-life Lex Luthor like this guy.

Strax

I've never understood the appeal of ME. I played the first for 10-15 hours last year after years of people droning about how much they love it. All this talk about good characters and great story. Its fine I guess but I can't see myself playing more of those games.

The Witcher 3 is fantastic looking game and I like how it plays but the main story of this game is chasing a moving target and that got annoying. Bloody Baron and swamp witches are good tho.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
the idea of bribing someone to date me is so despicable that I can't even seriously entertain the thought. I can barely stand myself.

and I'm not even a real-life Lex Luthor like this guy.

Yeah it sounds like such an awkward thing to do. Like the date scene in Nightcrawler yeesh

kvk1

I've never understood the appeal of ME. I played the first for 10-15 hours last year after years of people droning about how much they love it. All this talk about good characters and great story. Its fine I guess but I can't see myself playing more of those games.

Should've went 2-3-1 or 2-1-3.

I can totally see the first ME turning new people off due to its relatively dated nature.

After hearing the tidbit on the podcast from Brad regarding mario maker, I wonder what his top game is gonna be. Probably something lame and unjustified like fallout 4 or Dota2.
Dota 2 for the three-peat.

Or possibly Destiny.

EDIT -

He frequently repeats back the last line of anyone's question as an answer. Solid Snake style. Once you notice it, you can't ever fail to notice it. In the early days I was planning a supercut but quickly realised it would be hours long. Strangely endearing.
Strangely endearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom