• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking shit.

tumblr_nz4a63yGes1u5eu8ao1_1280.png

He did it again.

I made a dumb thing.

bradwatchtheworldburn9xrof.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My new favorite Giant Bomb storyline is the Ad guys picking on Vinny. I just imagine the dude across the hall from Vinny looks like Billy Zabka in a suit

Rainmaker

Banned
God I hope this happened. Imagine a Brad filibuster paired with Dan in full heel mode poking holes in all the other games... they'd be unstoppable.

The surprise third man? The unstoppable Austin Walker. Brad's persistence + Dan's stubbornness + Austin's incredible way with words = The Taken King in the top ten.

wanna paraphrase it for the gang. we do enjoy the occasional dumbness here

A radio show talking about the presidential campaign mixed in with the tragedy that happened last week plus Obama's speech. Anyways, someone called and said that we should get a gun because everyone else has one, we got to be ready lol and some other dumbass shit that I forgot. Then we got drops from the host saying, only 5 christians left in the middle east and somehow they name dropped the word "Genocide"? Also, PATRIOT NATION.

Anyways, all I know is that it was fucked and I'm glad I don't remember much from it.

yami4ct

Watching Patrick's MMM today made me come to an evil realization. The addition of progressive power ups means you can force a player to clear a level twice. Put the power-up at the beginning and at the end put up an obstacle that forces you to use the level 2 power. Then put a door back to the start. That'll reset the level so you can get the level 2 power. You would have to clear the level twice without getting hit.

I promptly tweeted this hypothesis to Dan. I fear I may have created a monster.

Dineren

Banned
I don't think I've ever anticipated a GOTY discussion more than this one. If only it had come out this week, I am in desperate need of podcasts at work.

jaina

Relistening to GOTY 2014 on Sunday/Monday I've realized how short the deliberations are and I probably shouldn't plan my holidays around them.

If Brad were a jet plane would Drew try to fly him?

Yes but he won't be able to until he wins atleast 3 raids on Destiny and 10 games on Dota 2.

So today I got my vinyl Fez soundtrack. I'd forgotten, but holy shit this music is so good. I should probably finish that game someday.

Fez is amazing, especially when it first released because we were all trying to decipher the world with it's own language in the game and every few days we'd discover something big or major about the game. It was all just very fascinating.

lol_idi_amin.gif

I think Mario Maker is a lock for number 1. I think Dan and especially Jeff will be vocally passionate about it, while the worst anybody else can be against it is indifferent.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan's also said MGS5 is the best action game ever made. I am mostly expecting that to win, even though I don't know if I'd have it in my top ten if I had the excuse of playing more than ten new games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom