• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt in my mind that Trails in the Sky Second Chapter didn't do very well.

It's a sequel that requires people to play through a 40+ hour game before hand, there was only a one week warning before it got released with little to no marketing and it dropped during the busiest time of the year for video games with even other JRPGs coming out around it like Tales of Zestiria and Xenoblade a month later.

Anyways it's probably more of a goodwill gesture to finish off the story since Trails of Cold Steel was coming over regardless of how well Second Chapter did. Only like 12 days until that comes out btw.

Most likely. That game went through some localization hell where I wish marketing had even a fraction of the effort put into it as the localization did, though its kind of understandable when they were probably in a rush by Falcom to push Cold Steel out and didn't want the two games to release at nearly the same time. It felt like they had their hands tied with it by the end as the localization kept getting pushed back.

And yup! Got the LE preordered and I'm excited to play that. And I'm glad to know that Cold Steel 2 is definitely coming by next year as well.

Life is Strange could be great tomorrow...

First Decision Speculation:
I wonder will they debate the first big decision? I am going to guess there will be differing opinions between the trio on something such as that. Will there be tears?

Yikes! I don't know if anyone cares over here or not, but apparently PS4 sold 1.5 million units in November. This is something even PS2 was not able to accomplish in its lifetime. I don't know if that means any month or just months called November, but still quite staggering. I'm not sure it's going to slow down any time soon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Life is Strange could be great tomorrow...

First Decision Speculation:
I wonder will they debate the first big decision? I am going to guess there will be differing opinions between the trio on something such as that. Will there be tears?

Vinny could if he goes into dad-mode.

Did Jeff not reference Tron Run/R yet? Based on previous discussions, it seems like it might be his thing...

tron37zuv1.gif

Yikes! I don't know if anyone cares over here or not, but apparently PS4 sold 1.5 million units in November. This is something even PS2 was not able to accomplish in its lifetime. I don't know if that means any month or just months called November, but still quite staggering. I'm not sure it's going to slow down any time soon.

And yet developers still don't bother to make their games run acceptably on PS4.

I have no doubt in my mind that Trails in the Sky Second Chapter didn't do very well.

It's a sequel that requires people to play through a 40+ hour game before hand, there was only a one week warning before it got released with little to no marketing and it dropped during the busiest time of the year for video games with even other JRPGs coming out around it like Tales of Zestiria and Xenoblade a month later.

It also launched during a steam sale which meant it dropped when no one is really looking at new releases on steam. If it's as good as people say then it's certainly a shame that it didn't sell better, hopefully the word of mouth means it gets a bump in the winter sale.

Yea. It's pretty solid and online is fine.

Which makes me so excited for Star Wars: Battlefront 2, which will surely have a single-player campaign. If they can maintain the graphical and technical fidelity of the first game, the (obviously happening) sequel will be a slam dunk.

Teddified

It just shows how in the mainstream Third Party Games are what matter. Sometimes we loose perspective as Enthusiasts since you can get most Third Party games that run better on PC and are sometimes cheaper.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Can't wait for LiS tomorrow!

One more episode closer to being done with it.

Kelas

Episode 4 is very long. I highly doubt they do it in one sitting.

Oh man. I haven't even watched the last stream yet because it's 3 damn hours long.

I know people enjoy this and I'm just being selfish, but I've really turned on my enjoyment of this game as a thing to watch them play.

daydream

Banned
i was unsure about whether i was enjoying it once they got to episode 2 but the last playdate/episode 3 roped me back in. it was a really entertaining session (really, i find the term 'session' the most appropriate for beast streams)

anyway, just asked jeff a question about retro compilations on his tumblr. hope he answers it as i'm genuinely curious what he thinks

Kelas

Well... don't watch it?

That fomo though.

i was unsure about whether i was enjoying it once they got to episode 2 but the last playdate/episode 3 roped me back in. it was a really entertaining session (really, i find the term 'session' the most appropriate for beast streams)

Well I'll give it a chance again. I tried watching it twice and ended up doing something else both times after a few minutes as it seemed to be taking some time to get going.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it's kinda hypocritical of me to say it seeing that I think I've watched pretty much all of giantbomb's content, but eh, if there's something I don't like I just won't watch it.

Though I'm trying to think about which giantbomb stuff I've skipped over the years and I can't recall any.

Which is kind of terrifying.

Teddified

I watch mostly everything, except Daily Dota I never really watched those because of the mic quality and I didn't really care for the game.

There are some QL's and Bombbasticas I never really "watched" though just maybe had them in the background.

I actually loved Mario is Missing when it first came out. It probably hasn't aged well, but it was one of my favorite SNES rentals back in the day.

The only things I regularly watch are UPF and demo derby. I check out other things based on how this thread reacts to them, to be honest. I pass on most quick looks unless there's a big reaction to one.

Brad's last two bombasticas are the first I've ever actually checked out, usually I think the games Jeff plays are a little too old for me to find them interesting.

Kelas

Yeah I've skipped a lot of quick looks. I never watched any of brad's dota stuff, and I also stopped watching mgsv after a couple episodes.

The old stuff is probably my favourite content, whether it be a bombastica or vinnyvania or rpcg/cooa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom